Table of the Week Club...Week 13: MONSTER BASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
How spooky, our 13th Table of the Week is Monster Bash!

This is the first table for our next cycle, and I'm sure all you playing on PC will wanna try it out in the DX 11 public beta. As usual, post your comments and tips for this table and how to accomplish the wizard goals.

Sign ups for the upcoming TotM will be open on this Wednesday, the 22nd. I encourage everyone to sign up and reserve their spot. Not because there is a limit or anything!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
First post! First game coming up. In DX11 (yay!). In Landscape (boo!). Then maybe I'll go to bed because it's past midnight here on the East Coast?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Oh gawd please not a "First!" post. We don't need this place to become AICN.

Third!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I managed a fantastic score of 68M. I'm also seeing glaring GI flashers everywhere I go now. (Try playing Starship Troopers on 0% for GI-induced headache fun.)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was shocked to boot up this table and see I didn't have a single table goal accomplished! I played the crap out of it on the PS3, but apparently hadn't touched it since switching over to PC. Remedied the standard goals in only one game of playing. Will try to knock out Lyman first and collect whatever other wizards I can in the process. I just remember what a slog it was, shooting that damn hole over and over.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
"Amphibians Rule!" I think this game is just plain fun to play, great humor, great theme, easy to understand objectives:collect the 6 monsters' instruments to light Monsters of Rock multiball... must *complete* the modes. Playing all 6 modes lights a mini wizard mode, Monster Bash. I think it's a great game to get beginning players interested in pinball and hooked. Rules set pretty easy to understand in my opinion. As much fun as MB is, i usually find myself drifting to other games for whatever reason. A game I would love to own, I understand comes with a nice price tag. Thankfully TPA much more affordable :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I like the table theme, but boy is this table super bouncy. There is not a lot of easy controlled play, on iOS anyway. This could be one of those tables in which the better nudge control on PC can make all the difference. We have a MB at the DPA clubhouse, I'll go there this friday and definitely compare it with the TPA version. Maybe write up an in-depth comparison, depending on the state the table is in.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I don't try to much with this table as games can get a little long, but it's just a fun table with great call outs and humor.

I have all goals and my high is 1,788,000,000 or so. Something like that. One spot ahead of SYT on my PS3 leaderboard. Just sayin.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The 44 Concert Halls

I started making a list of the Concert Halls while playing, and later realized they could probably be found in the ROM. And they were. Here they are, for whatever reason. There are 44 of them, which I think is the number required to get Lyman's Lament. I have tried to identify which real concert hall some of them refer to.

ABYSS ARENA
AMPHIBIAN THEATRE
BOOHOOKAN # (Nippon) Budokan
CADAVER CANTINA
CEMETERY HALL
CORPSE COLISEUM
COW PALACE # "
DEAD AID # Live Aid
DEATH DOME
DEATHLY STADIUM # Wembley Stadium?
DEJA VU
DUNGEON-A-GO-GO # Whisky a Go Go
EMBALMATHON
FIEND FESTIVAL
FILGORE EAST # Fillmore East
FILGORE WEST # Fillmore West
FORMALDEHYDE-O-RAMA
FRIGHT FESTIVAL
GHOULISH GALA
HAUNTED HOLLOW
HORROR DROME
HOWLLYWOOD BOWL # Hollywood Bowl
ISLE OF FRIGHT # Isle of Wight Festival
LIZARD LOUNGE # "
LOST SOULS CLUB
MAUSOLEUM POP FESTIVAL # Monterey Pop Festival
MELBOURNE CADAVER CLUB
PHANTOM HAUS
PHANTOM PAGODA
PYRAMID-A-PALOOZA # Lollapalooza
SCARY FIELD
SWAMP AID # Live Aid
TAVERN OF TERROR
THE CAVERN CLUB # "
THE CREMATORIUM
THE DOOM TOMB
THE TORTURE CHAMBER
THEATRE OF PAIN # "
TRANSYLVANIA SQ. GARDEN # Madison Square Garden
UNDEAD AMPHITHEATER
UNDERTAKER U. CONCERT HALL
WOLFSTOCK # Woodstock
WORMLY STADIUM # Wembley Stadium?
ZOMBIE ZONE

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
my personal #1 If I had to choose just one for the rest of my life than this is it.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Upped my best from a modest 2B to a still very modest 3B, just an inch from a top 100 score. The one thing that compels about this table that no way I get a good score from playing a controlled game. It's live and die by flow and that's mostly true in reverse on other tables. I would love to hear from somebody who got a good score while trying to trap, deadbounce or otherwise got control of this bouncy sunnuva*****...

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Gotta say playing MB with DX11 and DSR (using 3.0x, maybe I could push to 4.0x and play in true downscaled 4K?) makes the table look a lot better.

Still can't break the 2B barrier, my best scores are in the 1.5-1.7B range. Frankie is the big obstacle, it's a drain-o-matic shot and when you need 3 hits per body part I'm ready to cry.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Are you sure it goes beyond 2 hits per body part? I was under the impression that it is capped at 2. Anyway, I mostly collect those with grazing shots up the left Bride ramp, so I really don't keep count.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The one thing that compels about this table that no way I get a good score from playing a controlled game. It's live and die by flow and that's mostly true in reverse on other tables. I would love to hear from somebody who got a good score while trying to trap, deadbounce or otherwise got control of this bouncy sunnuva*****...

The boring way is to ignore all the monster shots and shoot only for the scoop, since ejects from that are trappable, and even a miss is usually a slow trickle towards or into the spinner which is also easy to recover as well. Let the scoop do all the work of starting the monster modes for you. You get a mode on maybe 1/10 shots which sounds low, but 10 scoop shots are actually less cumulative risk than starting most of the monsters by their own shots.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The boring way is to ignore all the monster shots and shoot only for the scoop, since ejects from that are trappable, and even a miss is usually a slow trickle towards or into the spinner which is also easy to recover as well. Let the scoop do all the work of starting the monster modes for you. You get a mode on maybe 1/10 shots which sounds low, but 10 scoop shots are actually less cumulative risk than starting most of the monsters by their own shots.

This is how I play it, and it is boring as hell but it gets the job done. It does not work as well on a real table though as the kick out is way unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts