Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Sign-up for April tournament is live. Go to http://goo.gl/forms/u9wx3PJfYN and get in on the action!

White Water
Black Knight 2000
Bride of Pin*Bot
Theatre of Magic (put up or shut up)

Tourney starts Saturday morning, 8am PDT (maybe slightly earlier if I wake up) thru 10pm PDT.

This will be our 3rd of 6 tourneys for the inaugural season. If you want to be in the running for our big prize you need to have played in 4 of the 6 tourneys. In other words, if this is your first time and you play through the rest of the season, you'll qualify! Let's see if we can get at least 50 people playing.

What us this prize I speak of? Wizard Amusements is letting us give away a custom shooter rod of Randy "The Macho Man" Savage*. Oh yeah! This will be a random drawing among those eligible and wanting an entry at season's end in July.

This tourney, Xanija is giving away a Steam key to "Papers, Please" to lowest score in the tournament.

Sign-ups close late Friday night. As was last time, late entries can enter scores on Saturday, and if there is an opening we will plug you in where we can, first come first served.

See you all Saturday!

*prize subject to change at Wizard Amusements discretion

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Signing up now but how about putting a list of the tourney tables in the opening post. 'Cos I've already forgotten what they are.

Edit: Oh,and my in-laws will be here this weekend. So maybe I won't have time to play. Or maybe I'll need an excuse to escape for an hour or so.

Last edited:

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
I've signed me and my boy up. Or I think I have, it's slightly more complicated with him not having an official name.
Could you confirm if we are both in please SYT?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Signing up now but how about putting a list of the tourney tables in the opening post. 'Cos I've already forgotten what they are.

Edit: Oh,and my in-laws will be here this weekend. So maybe I won't have time to play. Or maybe I'll need an excuse to escape for an hour or so.

Fixed. Out of town and doing this on my phone...I'm so much on top of these details when on my computer!

As for the inlaws, what's more important, them or pinball? Exactly. See you on Saturday.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013

What makes you think their coming to see you. :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What makes you think their coming to see you. :)

They're not. They're coming to see the grandkids. But there are two other factors:
1) They stay in the basement, which is where my PC lives. No late-night gaming sessions for me on Friday or Saturday.
2) There has been a threat of my father-in-law "helping me with some DIY around the house". That's the scary bit.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've signed me and my boy up. Or I think I have, it's slightly more complicated with him not having an official name.
Could you confirm if we are both in please SYT?

I won't be able to check until tomorrow, but I'll make sure both of you are signed up then.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Signed up. These tournaments are a blast! :)

And starting earlier than before is good for us Europeans, thanks SYT. 8AM PDT = 5pm CET.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Found a way to view responses on my phone. And yes Creppelo and Captain, you guys are signed in.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Here's my predictions for this tourney for myself:

White Water: I'm really good at this table :D in fact, it was the table that brought me onto the forums in the first place. My high score on this table is 3.8 bil but I'm expecting to score about 1.5 bil in the tourney because no extra balls.

Black Knight 2000: I'm good at this table too :) I haven't exactly found a good scoring technique for it yet but I'm going to try and activate Double Knights as much as possible to gain as many Millions as possible. I'm expecting to get about 15 mil points for the tourney.

Bride of Pin*Bot: Aaaaand we come across our first problem. I believe I'm pretty good at this table but everyone else just loops the Big Wheel over and over while I can only spin it about 5 times in a multiball. Because of this the number of Billions I amass is much lower than other people's. High score is 7 bil and I'm hoping to get around 4 bil in the tourney.

Theatre of Magic: Another table I'm good at, thankfully. I've always enjoyed flow tables and due to my recent rediscovery of how awesome this table is I think I'll do really good on this one as long as I coordinate the right mode stacks. High score is about 5 bil.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Sign me up for only Theatre of Magic. (I don't feel like grinding Bride and Whirlpool Challenge for hours, and don't own BK2K.)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Ok, predictions:

White Water: I like this table, but I'm not very good at it. Best score 1.9b. I'd be happy with 1b without extra balls, but I doubt it will be more than 600m

Black Knight 2000: I improved quite a lot on this table during the TotW, with a high score of 29.5m coming from 16m. But that was just one good game. I think I will be able to get about 10m due to no extra balls.

Bride of Pin*Bot: 9.8b as best, with I don't know how many extra balls. This is going to be interesting without them. I practiced without using extra balls and I got 2 billionaire shots when I quit because of lacking time. Should be possible to get 3 or 4b if I don't make any really stupid mistakes. Not sure if I will play it for a second time, if the first score is good.

Theatre of Magic: Best score is 5.4b, which isn't outstanding to begin with, but I also have really really bad games on this table. Could be anything between 500m and 2b I guess.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I predict to be in the bottom 5 for each table except maybe ToM. For me; it's not where I place; but the fun of competing with other fine forum members.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just a heads up...

We have 30 people signed up so far. We need more! Post a link to the sign up address on your social media accounts, pester people in your friends list. There's one more day, let's get it done!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Players who have played in past TotM who have yet to register...
[MENTION=2575]DarkMatt[/MENTION] [MENTION=4507]Dedpop[/MENTION] [MENTION=26]HOW[/MENTION] [MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION] [MENTION=5112]jdoa[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]Jeff Strong[/MENTION] [MENTION=623]JPelter[/MENTION] [MENTION=4614]Reagan Dow[/MENTION] [MENTION=5085]RushDude2112[/MENTION] [MENTION=5291]SsnakeBite[/MENTION]

Just a friendly reminder to get on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.