Can't download Jack-Bot

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
I have a Kindle Fire HDX and an Android phone; I use the Amazon version on both devices.

Jack-Bot downloads on my Kindle, but on my phone (HTC Droid DNA) it starts to download for about a second then the whole app crashes and I get the message "Unfortunately, Pinball Arcade has stopped".

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
We don't recommend using the amazon version on a phone. The app is built on Amazon for Kindles, and built on Google Play for Phones. Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject&hl=en

Since when??? Why does it matter what kind of device you use either version on? The Amazon Appstore doesn't just run on Kindle Fires. It also runs on other (non-Amazon) tablets, phones, Android sticks, etc. Google Play isn't just limited to phones either. It should run on as many devices as possible, regardless of which Appstore you get it from. Are you seriously suggesting that someone with a Kindle Fire and an Android phone buy the tables twice (as there is no cross-buy)?

I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude but your statement bothers me to no end. If I thought that buying the Amazon version would limit me to certain devices (Kindle Fires) I would never have spent one cent on the Android version. I specifically bought the Amazon version BECAUSE it can be run on virtually any Android device. If this really is FarSight's official position, I will be seriously reevaluating any future purchases on ANY Android platform.

Rant aside, I haven't had any trouble running the Amazon version on other devices, be they phones or tablets. I've had no trouble updating/running the Jack*Bot update on a Moto E phone.

Again, sorry Scott but you hit on an issue that really, REALLY bothers me.

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
Yeah, that's a pretty crap response Farsight. :( Unlock all the tables I've bought through the Amazon appstore and I'd be happy to run the Google Play version on my phone. Sheesh.

I use the Amazon appstore version specifically because I can use it on both my Kindle Fire and my phone and share the purchases, just like the person that posted before me.

FYI this is the first time I've had an issue with using the Amazon version on my phone.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Very sorry, wrote this response in a hurry, didn't mean to offend anyone. I just meant that I don't test the amazon version running on a phone. When we upload the apk to amazon we do a checklist of the amazon devices we run on. They are as follows:

Kindle Fire (1st Gen),
Kindle Fire (2nd Gen),
Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Gen),
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2nd Gen),
Kindle Fire HD 7 (3rd Gen),
Kindle Fire HDX 7 (3rd Gen),
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd Gen),
Fire TV, Fire phone,
Fire HD 6 (4th Gen),
Fire HD 7 (4th Gen),
Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Gen),
Fire TV Stick

This is what Amazon tests. Amazon, nor I test the amazon APK on a phone, so there may be issues. That's all I meant. I will look into fixing this ASAP.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
I have a Kindle Fire HDX and an Android phone; I use the Amazon version on both devices.

Jack-Bot downloads on my Kindle, but on my phone (HTC Droid DNA) it starts to download for about a second then the whole app crashes and I get the message "Unfortunately, Pinball Arcade has stopped".

Just uploaded the latest (jackbot) amazon apk onto my phone (Droid Razr Maxx) and downloading JackBot worked perfectly. You may want to check if your internet connection is stable during the download, and that you have enough space to download the table. If that still doesn't work, send an email to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you

Calbts Booter

Jun 30, 2012
Not to get off subject here but since my thread is supposedly being ignored -
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8394-Left-flipper-issue-with-Kindle-Fire-HDX-7-quot

If you are testing the Fire HDX then why have you still not fixed this left flipper issue? It has been almost a year since I posted this error?

Thank you

Very sorry, wrote this response in a hurry, didn't mean to offend anyone. I just meant that I don't test the amazon version running on a phone. When we upload the apk to amazon we do a checklist of the amazon devices we run on. They are as follows:

Kindle Fire (1st Gen),
Kindle Fire (2nd Gen),
Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Gen),
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2nd Gen),
Kindle Fire HD 7 (3rd Gen),
Kindle Fire HDX 7 (3rd Gen),
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd Gen),
Fire TV, Fire phone,
Fire HD 6 (4th Gen),
Fire HD 7 (4th Gen),
Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Gen),
Fire TV Stick

This is what Amazon tests. Amazon, nor I test the amazon APK on a phone, so there may be issues. That's all I meant. I will look into fixing this ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.