Request Suggestions for improvements - PS4 version

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
Hello Farsight, here are some suggestions for improvements on the PS4 Version:
Not complaining, just trying to help make things better

Camera:
1. Please add the possibility to remember the camera settings for each single table.
This would be very helpfull, as most people use different camera settings for specific tables.
2. Zoom in or out manualy, additionally to the 4 camera steps would be nice, with saving the settings for each single table.

Room Brightness / Lightning:
Please add the variable sliders for lighting effects and room brightness like in DX11

Controller:
1. Please add the possibility to play a two player game with two controllers.
So players would no longer need to share the same controller.
2. Please add controller vibration.

to be continued...... :)

Darkmiss

Jun 17, 2013
1: individual volume sliders (like the PC version)
2: option to turn off the main theme music.
3: Bulb brightness sliders (Like the DX11 PC version)
4: higher quality audio

Please :)

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Just boosting the flipper audio would improve the game. Watch Youtube videos, every real pin has those satisfying clack-clacks.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Are they even still working on the console versions? Not just PS4, but Vita and the other non-mobile versions all seem completely stalled.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Hello Farsight, here are some suggestions for improvements on the PS4 Version:
Not complaining, just trying to help make things better

Camera:
1. Please add the possibility to remember the camera settings for each single table.
This would be very helpfull, as most people use different camera settings for specific tables.
2. Zoom in or out manualy, additionally to the 4 camera steps would be nice, with saving the settings for each single table.

Room Brightness / Lightning:
Please add the variable sliders for lighting effects and room brightness like in DX11

Controller:
1. Please add the possibility to play a two player game with two controllers.
So players would no longer need to share the same controller.
2. Please add controller vibration.

to be continued...... :)
1: individual volume sliders (like the PC version)
2: option to turn off the main theme music.
3: Bulb brightness sliders (Like the DX11 PC version)
4: higher quality audio

Please :)

All great suggestions

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
How about using the touch pad for the plunger. Using the stick sucks as it's pretty unpredictable. Plunger control is so much better on a touch screen and this would mimic that control.

Farsight, please implement this by midday Tuesday.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
How about using the touch pad for the plunger. Using the stick sucks as it's pretty unpredictable. Plunger control is so much better on a touch screen and this would mimic that control.

Farsight, please implement this by midday Tuesday.

I dunno about that. What is unpredictable about the analog stick? I find it works well. I tried using the PS4 touchpad for nudging on the PC and found it much harder to control. It may work better on the actual PS4, but I still can't imagine nudging with anything but an analog stick. I don't see how using it to plunge would be much better, it is nothing like an actual touchpad and more like a big flat rectangular analog stick.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I dunno about that. What is unpredictable about the analog stick? I find it works well. I tried using the PS4 touchpad for nudging on the PC and found it much harder to control. It may work better on the actual PS4, but I still can't imagine nudging with anything but an analog stick. I don't see how using it to plunge would be much better, it is nothing like an actual touchpad and more like a big flat rectangular analog stick.

I wasn't talking about nudging, that's more than fine with the sticks. I've seen others complain about plunging with the stick - it's kinda hard to explain, but the results are unreliable. I've pulled the stick right back at times and there's not been enough power to launch the ball into play, and other times it launches full power when I only pull it back slightly. The problem seems to be that it relies not only on how far you pull back, but how 'cleanly' you release the stick.

On mobile devices this isn't a problem on touch screen, you pull back the desired amount and just lift your finger, and the plunge is exactly what you intended. I think this would translate well to the touch pad and it would be nice to have the option.

All credit to you if you've of it down with the stick, but I personally can't get on with it.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I wasn't talking about nudging, that's more than fine with the sticks. I've seen others complain about plunging with the stick - it's kinda hard to explain, but the results are unreliable. I've pulled the stick right back at times and there's not been enough power to launch the ball into play, and other times it launches full power when I only pull it back slightly. The problem seems to be that it relies not only on how far you pull back, but how 'cleanly' you release the stick.

On mobile devices this isn't a problem on touch screen, you pull back the desired amount and just lift your finger, and the plunge is exactly what you intended. I think this would translate well to the touch pad and it would be nice to have the option.

All credit to you if you've of it down with the stick, but I personally can't get on with it.

I see what you are saying now. Yes, releasing the stick cleanly has a lot to do with getting a good plunge with an analog stick on PS3/PS4, and I struggle with that at times. I blame it on me and not the control scheme when I get it wrong though. I also didn't realize the DS4 touch pad is an actual capacitive touchpad, having not played a game that utilizes that feature. My suggestion that it is just a big clunky analog stick is probably wrong. I'd be interested to see how it would work if FarSight implements support for that feature. My apologies.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I think the plunger position has to be completely tied to the position of the stick on the PS4 controller, in order to keep their positions form getting out of sync. That means that the spring in the stick is essentially acting in place of the virtual plunger spring for determining how hard the ball is launched. How the stick moves forward directly leads to how the plunger moves forward. That's the drawback of that control scheme for the plunger to me.

The big benefit to a touchpad being used for the plunger is that it allows the player to control the position of the plunger only then release cleanly. At that point the game code can apply a consistent force based on how much the plunger spring was compressed. For that reaosn I agree that the touchpad would be the better control to use for the plunger. Its the one thing I feel like I have superior control of when playing on my phone versus the consoles.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I see what you are saying now. Yes, releasing the stick cleanly has a lot to do with getting a good plunge with an analog stick on PS3/PS4, and I struggle with that at times. I blame it on me and not the control scheme when I get it wrong though. I also didn't realize the DS4 touch pad is an actual capacitive touchpad, having not played a game that utilizes that feature. My suggestion that it is just a big clunky analog stick is probably wrong. I'd be interested to see how it would work if FarSight implements support for that feature. My apologies.

No apologies necessary, I didn't exactly make the finest job of explaining the point!

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I think the plunger position has to be completely tied to the position of the stick on the PS4 controller, in order to keep their positions form getting out of sync. That means that the spring in the stick is essentially acting in place of the virtual plunger spring for determining how hard the ball is launched. How the stick moves forward directly leads to how the plunger moves forward. That's the drawback of that control scheme for the plunger to me.

The big benefit to a touchpad being used for the plunger is that it allows the player to control the position of the plunger only then release cleanly. At that point the game code can apply a consistent force based on how much the plunger spring was compressed. For that reaosn I agree that the touchpad would be the better control to use for the plunger. Its the one thing I feel like I have superior control of when playing on my phone versus the consoles.

Explained much better than me, and the last sentence sums up my feelings exactly.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
I think it would be great to add the possibility for using the touchpad as plunger control, but please without removing the stick functionality.
The touchpad would be better for precision skill shots, while I like to use the stick on tables which have no skill shots or anything else. Just pull the plunger till maximum and release - it feels so real :)
So in my opinion, the best solution would be to have both of it.

NateisGreat88

May 30, 2015
The only thing I hope they would add is local play. I like to play with more then 1 player using 2 different psn accounts. Every time I play with my girlfriend and she beats my high score on the leaderboards, it shows up on the leaderboards as if I made that high score, but really my girl did. :confused:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
The only thing I hope they would add is local play. I like to play with more then 1 player using 2 different psn accounts. Every time I play with my girlfriend and she beats my high score on the leaderboards, it shows up on the leaderboards as if I made that high score, but really my girl did. :confused:
When we asked for this feature back long before the PS4 was even released, Farsight told us they didn't even know that feature was possible, hence why it wasn't implemented.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
An optional Portrait Mode would be a nice feature too

Last edited:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I emailed farsight support recently, asking about 3D Mode, more trophies, and fixing the friends leaderboards. This was their response:

Hello there!

We are working on getting the leaderboard issue resolved as soon as possible, but we can not add anymore trophies, we have reached the max amount for our game, sorry for the trouble. As for 3D for the PS4 we do not have plans to add this feature but I will pass it along. :)

Great to hear about the leaderboards; sad to hear about the 3D mode since it was available on the PS3 and I do enjoy the mode a lot in Zen Pinball 2 on the PS4; and I'm not buying the trophy argument. I assumed since the PS 4 only has 66 trophies, and both the PS3 and Vita had 96, there was 30 trophies to spare. Plus, using bronze trophies take up less points in Sony's convoluted trophy system. (Zen currently has 114 trophies on the PS 4 too by mainly using bronze). I wouldn't want to see them wasted on individual tables like half of Season 2 on the vita/ps3 but the challenges would be great. The Williams Challenge Trophy from The Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection was one of the most satisfying trophies I've ever achieved. That would be great to have with the current challenges on the PS4 too. Thank you very much for listening.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.