No Way to Completely Exit TPA App??

PinBotMan

Apr 26, 2015
I got my xbox one last week and have been playing TPA everyday (an absolute blast!) and I've noticed that there is no exit option. So I go to the main Xbox desktop and the TPA app is still going.

Basically I'm wondering if it's ok to completely shut down my Xbox while TPA is still running. I do not want to corrupt it by accident...

Last edited:

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
I got my xbox one last week and have been playing TPA everyday (an absolute blast!) and I've noticed that there is no exit option. So I go to the main Xbox desktop and the TPA app is still going.

Basically I'm wondering if it's ok to completely shut down my Xbox while TPA is still running. I do not want to corrupt it by accident...

Yes, this is how the new XBONE works. I actually find it convenient that you're able to jump back to the "desktop" with the main X button and back into a game - or change games mid-play if you like.

PinBotMan

Apr 26, 2015
Thanks Pinsam! I kind of figured as much. It just felt wrong to me to shut off the console with the app going. But as long as it doesn't do any harm I'll get used to it.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Xbone (and now PS4) lets you turn off the console with the game suspended, so you can go to playing (even mid-ball) in seconds.

Redrazorback64

Jun 3, 2013
You can shut down any app completely. Return to the dashboard, put your cursor on the window that has the app running, press start and there will be an option to close the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts