Pick your favorite yet to be confirmed non-licensed tables

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
I truly hope that the sales of TPA and specifically the sales of licensed tables like Twilight Zone will pave the way for more licensed tables to come to TPA without the need for kickstarters. Perhaps, all parties involved will realize that bringing licensed tables to TPA is a win/win for everyone. But until that glorious day we can be assured that TPA will keep rolling out non-licensed tables. There has been a lot of discussion on the forum in various threads about requests/hopes/wishes for upcoming tables. But most of those revolve around licensed tables. So, here is a thread dedicated to only non-licensed tables. Looking over the list of tables released (or confirmed) thus far it's clear that TPA puts a lot of stock in the rankings at IPDB. So, with that in mind I've compiled a list of all the non-licensed tables in the top 150 tables of all-time at IPDB. This list does not include tables that have either been released or confirmed for TPA. I may have overlooked some tables (either left some out or put some on the list that shouldn't be). So, if you notice any omissions or errors please let me know and I will update my list. I did not attach a poll to this post because there were so many tables and polls are limited to 30 options. The purpose of this post is to see what tables members prefer. Which might influence future releases on TPA. Here's the big list in order of rank on IPDB. Pick your favorites and mention what makes the machines so enjoyable to you.

White Water
High Speed II (car licenses?)
Cactus Canyon
Fish Tales
No Good Gophers
Whirlwind
Diner
Firepower
Safe Cracker
Cyclone
Centaur
Banzai Run
Dr. Dude
High Speed
Who Dunnit
Haunted House
Earth Shaker
Party Zone
Fathom
Black Knight 2000
Mousin' Around
Xenon
Pinball Magic
Black Rose
Junk Yard
Paragon
Joker Poker
Swords of Fury
Centaur II
Flash
Bad Cats
Sorcerer
Mata Hari
Jungle Lord
Nitro Ground Shaker
Comet
Eight Ball Deluxe
Eight Ball Champ
Laser War
Class of 1812
Rescue 911
Count Down
Embryon
Sinbad (licensed?)
Wipe Out
Grand Lizard
Time Warp
Space Station
The Pinball Circus
Tee'd Off
Devil's Due
Medusa
Fireball II
Alien Poker
Escape from the Lost World
Meteor
Big House
Barracora
Farfalla
Fire!
Hurricane
Jokerz!
Galaxy

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I may be in the minority here, but I actually like Firepower a lot. It's the next step beyond Gorgar: a simple Eighties table that incorporates multiball and lane change. It's easier than Gorgar, though.

But I'm not terribly impatient for it, since I can play it in Pinball Hall of Fame.

Fathom and Centaur/Centaur II would be cool just for their strikingly odd graphic design; I'm not familiar with how they play.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not sure how many you wanted, but here are my top 5 for now.
1. White Water
2. Cyclone
3. Haunted House (not on list)
4. High Speed II
5. Centaur

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
I may be in the minority here, but I actually like Firepower a lot. It's the next step beyond Gorgar: a simple Eighties table that incorporates multiball and lane change. It's easier than Gorgar, though.

But I'm not terribly impatient for it, since I can play it in Pinball Hall of Fame.

Fathom and Centaur/Centaur II would be cool just for their strikingly odd graphic design; I'm not familiar with how they play.

I personally found that I didn't spend much time on Firepower in WPHoF. Which is odd because I did enjoy Gorgar though. There's something about the sound on Gorgar that really complemented the table. The sound gave you a sense of danger and hurry-up while playing.

I actually like the retro fantasy art of Fathom. Not sure if I would like the game play though as it's an older designed playfield which usually aren't my favs. But I know there are several pinballers who still prefer this style of play.

Not sure how many you wanted, but here are my top 5 for now.
1. White Water
2. Cyclone
3. Haunted House (not on list)
4. High Speed II
5. Centaur

Five picks is good. Thanks for noting my omission on Haunted House. I'm adding it to the master list now. You picked some tables that I really enjoy. White Water would probably be tops on my list too.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
You left out some popular ones.

F14 Tomcat
Red & Ted Roadshow
World Cup Championship
Jackbot
Who dunnit
Joker Poker

Me personally,
F14,
High Speed 2
World cup champ
White Water
Red and Ted

Last edited:

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
My favs on this list are:

1. White Water - just a blast to play and plenty to do on the play field
2. Cactus Canyon - I never played this game and know many who hold it in high esteem. Always wanted to try it. Looks like a fun play and I like the cartoon-ish, western theme.
3. Black Rose - Fun game with a lot of moving play field parts. Also, any pin that features a cannon is usually one I will enjoy.
4. Fish Tales - Like CC I've never played this game and have heard good things about it.
5. Junk Yard - The wrecking ball is an awesome feature!

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
You left out some popular ones.

F14 Tomcat
Red & Ted Roadshow
World Cup Championship
Jackbot
Who dunnit
Joker Poker

Joker Poker is on the list already (between Paragon and Swords of Fury). Jackbot is not in the top 150 so I didn't put it on the list. I had to make a cutoff somewhere. ;) Who Dunnit should have been on the list. Thanks for catching that one; I'm adding it now. I think I got it confused with Clue. :D

I assume F-14, World Cup, and Red & Ted, will all require licenses for various reasons. F-14 for use of the name and design of an actual plane. World Cup I wasn't sure about because I don't think there are any logos or likenesses, but again I assume just to have the name "World Cup" would require a license. I know Red & Ted features the likeness, voice work, and songs of Carlene Carter so it definitely would require licenses.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
F-14 is kind of in a gray area because the table wasn't licensed when it was made, but it is based on a real aircraft. In addition, Namco requires a license from Northrop-Grumman to use the plane in their Ace Combat series, so there's no telling.

The only license in The Getaway (HSII) is the music. The car on the backglass is a generic one based on the Lamborghini Diablo, though it isn't mentioned by name so it should be fine.

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
For me, JunkYard, it has a really unique theme and the wrecking ball is an awesome piece to interact with on the playfield.

I think Whirlwind and Earthshaker should be added as well, since its basically Lawlor's disaster themed duo. WW is basically confirmed to be coming to TPA, so no need to worry about that one.

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
Hard to pick i hope they all come out. but most wanted White Water, Fish Tales, Banzai Run, Bad Cats, Class of 1812. In any order

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
My picks in no specific order:

*Black Rose
*Cactus Canyon
*White Water
*Haunted House
*Class of 1812
*Fish Tales
*Eight Ball Champ
*Eight Ball Deluxe
*Jungle Lord
*Centaur
*Embryon
*Champion Pub
*Hook
*Who Dunnit
*Dr. Dude
*Diner

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
gonna chime in the nonlicensed wish list...
order of importance:

1. White Water
2. Fish Tales
3. No Good Gophers
4. Red & Ted's Road Show
5. Junk Yard

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm more excited for tables from this list than I am for the licensed table list. Can't say why, I just am.

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
I'm more excited for tables from this list than I am for the licensed table list. Can't say why, I just am.

Yup, there are a lot of good tables on this list! Which is encouraging because TPA could continue to release non-licensed tables like these to keep the revenue coming in while working to acquire licensed tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.