Theoretical - Save Transfer?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I know this is probably an impossibility, but I would like to double check.

I will probably get a PS4 in the next year or two, and will get TPA on it, probably as my primary device. I know I'll need to rebuy all the tables, I'm fine with that. But the thing I'm not looking forward to is getting rid of all my high scores and goal progress. There are hundreds of hours there that will be lost. Having over 50 tables now, it's not really feasible to put all that effort in at this point. I would actually consider continuing to play PS3-only until support is discontinued as a result.

I know it isn't right now, but will it ever be possible to transfer your save file from PS3 to PS4?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I know this is probably an impossibility, but I would like to double check.

I know it isn't right now, but will it ever be possible to transfer your save file from PS3 to PS4?

I doubt it. TPA is not a cross-save game, and it would requires to add the cross-save feature, which is generally heavy to implement (exemple with Borderlands cross-save function from PS3 to PS4).
I think there's some format conversion needed, executed online on the server once the file is uploaded, otherwise it would be just as simple as a copy from a USB stick.

TPA is not even cross-save between PS3 and Vita, on the contrary of others cross-buy games like Guacamelee or Dragon's Crown.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I doubt it. TPA is not a cross-save game, and it would requires to add the cross-save feature, which is generally heavy to implement (exemple with Borderlands cross-save function from PS3 to PS4).
I think there's some format conversion needed, executed online on the server once the file is uploaded, otherwise it would be just as simple as a copy from a USB stick.

TPA is not even cross-save between PS3 and Vita, on the contrary of others cross-buy games like Guacamelee or Dragon's Crown.

Yeah, I figured that would be the case. Shame there isn't an easy way just to copy the save file from one machine to the other, as I can't imagine the actual save data itself is particularly different.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Well, if it makes you feel better, the online leaderboards retain your ps3 scores.

It's more the local scores and the wizard goals that I'm concerned about. I like to see my best attempts, whether my top score is an anomaly or I've been close a few times etc. Seeing all local high scores and goals wiped would be a painful barrier for me to overcome :( I will probably play PS3 until support is discontinued (which can't be too far in the future), then move to PS4 for the new seasons. Rebuying all the old seasons would be expensive, anyway - I might gradually get them over time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Maybe by the time you get a PS4, the Table of the Week will have come back around to starting all over. Then you can knock off one table each week and it won't feel so daunting.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
When I made the switch from PS3 to PS4 I went through each table. I'd try for a GC or finishing all the regular table goals. Once either was done I'd move to the next one. It led me to play tables I'd long neglected on PS3, and I was surprised how often I was able to do it in just one game. It sucks to lose all of that old progress, but I think my PS4 scores are by now all better than the PS3 scores were. There is something to be said for a fresh start. Sucks to have to buy all of the tables again, but I feel I'm a better player for having gone through everything again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts