We broke the barrier

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I love this forum. I've tried other pinball forums, but didn't feel like I fit in. Most of those are for people that own and repair real pins & I didn't always know what was going on. The discussion here is much lighter, and you don't get stomped for asking a "stupid question". But there are enough experts here to answer any question about TPA or a real life table.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Happy to hear you feel that way, Kolchak (named after "The Night Stalker," perhaps?). I wanted this forum to be loose, but not loose enough that people are trashing others (and they'll be banned if they are).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Happy to hear you feel that way, Kolchak (named after "The Night Stalker," perhaps?). I wanted this forum to be loose, but not loose enough that people are trashing others (and they'll be banned if they are).

Without you Gord, this forum would have never existed...thanks for this!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
This really is a nice board and active enough that I check it daily. The TVonDVD website is also great Gord - keeps me in the loop on upcoming MST3K releases!

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah, I like it here too. :) I may not post all that much... but I'll always read what's going on here. The atmosphere here is really relaxed and at ease. And flamewars are kept to a barely noticeable minimun. Can't believe that places like this still exist. :D

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

Yes it is from The Night Stalker. I'm a big fan of older TV, and of TVshowsondvd.com as well. You are my source for all my TV release news. Love old shows like Night Stalker, Cannon, Bob Newhart, etc. Sorry to ramble off topic, but I do love this forum and the people on it. Sometimes I come in here when the table aren't being too friendly on TPA.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I love this forum. I've tried other pinball forums, but didn't feel like I fit in. Most of those are for people that own and repair real pins & I didn't always know what was going on. The discussion here is much lighter, and you don't get stomped for asking a "stupid question". But there are enough experts here to answer any question about TPA or a real life table.

I like the "crossover" nature of this forum as well.

Also, I hate forum elitism, and from what I can tell veterans here have a lot of patience with newcomers and so-called "stupid" questions. I like that we have a nice mixture between people completely new to pinball here (like myself) and people who have been playing actual pinball for many, many years.

I also remember that the forum felt inviting enough that I actually registered - I've been a forum member to only a handful of message boards over the years.

Real pinball has a much higher barrier to entry, while a forum like this has much more "casual" people coming in, who maybe just started playing TPA on their iPod Touch or 360 for instance.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
It is amazing how this community has grown so quickly. Hopefully once all of the distribution issues are hammered out, we will get even more discussion on future tables and strategy for current ones.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
It is amazing how this community has grown so quickly. Hopefully once all of the distribution issues are hammered out, we will get even more discussion on future tables and strategy for current ones.

I'd never thought about it until just now, but you're right! How amazing would that be? If there were more threads about how to get high scores instead of just an abject sea of endless bug and release date moaning?

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I check this forum several times a day - it's been a really great community so far. Now with the 360 DLC finally coming out today (hopefully!) we'll be able to talk about positive things more consistently!

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I'd never thought about it until just now, but you're right! How amazing would that be? If there were more threads about how to get high scores instead of just an abject sea of endless bug and release date moaning?

I would love to see a section for some friendly high-score competitions instead of only having the lifeless leaderboards.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Some of the tables have strategy threads going now:

Tales of the Arabian Nights
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Theatre of Magic
Monster Bash

I'll probably start ones for Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire once the 360 DLC hits. I haven't done them yet because I like to have a decent high score to back up what I'm saying before I open my mouth, and the iOS versions of MM and CV have not been as accommodating as MB was. (Here's to hoping the 360 version of CV still has the original outlanes! :p)

HOW

Feb 21, 2012

I enjoy it to. But I'd recommend searching your local real PB forums.
I own no real games-But been invited round for beers on Sun to a guy with: TZ, TAF, LOTR-LE, IJ-TPA, MM, ST-TNG and AFM! Can't wait :)

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.