PS3 DLC Impressions

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
Post some impressions/screen shots/videos guys! Everyone has been dying for console DLC and haven't seen any feedback yet :cool:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes, it would be nice if some of you guys/gals could upload gameplay video of the new DLC Tables whenever you get the chance to do so.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Well so far, I can say this much - WTF happened to the original four tables - they are pitch black! The artwork is much less visible and its all a bit aesthetically grim. Perhaps it's more realistic, I don't know - but this feels like someone turned out the lights.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Well so far, I can say this much - WTF happened to the original four tables - they are pitch black! The artwork is much less visible and its all a bit aesthetically grim. Perhaps it's more realistic, I don't know - but this feels like someone turned out the lights.

facepalm :(

Ben Belden

Jun 12, 2012
One very quick difference I've noticed, the neon and ball on the playfield in Cirqus Voltaire isn't the same as in iOS where the only color I've ever seen is red. So far I've seen it both yellow and green, and the green lighting really looks fantastic.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
One very quick difference I've noticed, the neon and ball on the playfield in Cirqus Voltaire isn't the same as in iOS where the only color I've ever seen is red. So far I've seen it both yellow and green, and the green lighting really looks fantastic.

What exactly do you mean both yellow and green? Does the neon color change from game to game?

Ben Belden

Jun 12, 2012
What exactly do you mean both yellow and green? Does the neon color change from game to game?

Yes. I played the trial and it was yellow. I purchased the unlock and the second time I played it was green. I quit the game, loaded it again, and it was yellow again. I went and played some other tables and just loaded it again, it's still yellow. EDIT: And now this game it is red.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Checked up on it now... and yeah, the tables are definitely darker now. But I got used to it quickly after playing them for a minute and doesn't look all that bad. I guess one just minds it a bit at first because we've been playing those tables as they were before for a long while now...

However! Something else I've noticed with playing the launch tables again: The physics have been tweaked! The ball doesn't bounce as madly as it did before anymore! Hooray! It's much much better to control now!

And they repaired the magna save issue on TOM. Well, either that... or I was just super lucky five times in a row. Usually they only work one time out of five, if at all.

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
All the tables are pretty dark, and due to the low lighting some don't seem particularly colorful anymore.

Funhouse seems to be very slightly inferior to the other tables in terms of graphics and sharpness.

On the plus side - and maybe it's just me, but I think the flippers seem to have less lag than before.

Ben Belden

Jun 12, 2012
Playing Cirqus Voltaire, the first time I got the Sideshow it went to the cannon in the backboard and the camera changed and it did everything correctly. A few games later, when I got it again, the camera stayed on the table and didn't show the backboard at all. I don't know what might have happened to cause this, I was hitting the flippers at the time so it might have cancelled it. It was still working, I could hear the sounds and the score changed, just not the camera.

The physics on the Boom Balloon at least seem to be completely different from iOS, or maybe it's the whole game, but it shoots the ball off a whole lot harder and wilder than I'm used to.

This might sound really trivial, but I hit one of the jet bumpers to the right of the Boom Balloon and it made a sound effect I'd never heard it make before. I went back and hit it in the iOS version to check, I think I heard it, but it was much softer and less noticeable.

Last edited:

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
Why anyone is playing the launch tables is beyond me. That's cool that the CV neon changes each game, jealous.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I don't know why anyone is complaining about updated 3 tables TOTAN , RBION , and TOM.

The 3 old tables have better HD res. graphics now , lighting is more intense , the ball seems more convincing as a chrome surface , I also noticed a marked improvement on the DOT MATRIX displays , and Im hearing more voice samples than I used to .the transparent ramps are more colorful now. (not the muddy silver blob) the only table not improved (sorry if this in error ) is Black Hole which seems untouched.

But you want to know about the new tables? Well Bride of Pinbot stands out very nicely , the lighting impresses , and it's still alot of fun playing , just looks soo much better on my HD tv. Circus Voltaire seems awesome I like the "feel good" theme and the french accent voice is cool. the whole table is all new to me , BUT IM LIKING IT . FunHouse likewise not as creepy or obnoxious as I expected. seems to be a winner all way around.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Quick impressions on Bride because I'm really disappointed with the table. I had my first game going pretty well, was playing for a good while with 130M clocked or so, and was having fun. Then inside 10 seconds or so I make 2 billion. It makes it seem like that shot is the only thing on the table worth anything. I love the retro-scifi theme and all, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense, especially since there's no separate billionaire leaderboard or anything.

Illuminosopher

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah I think the tables all seem to dark, I can see now why people would want a night/day option for the game.

edit : I also should mention that I think they all look fantastic... but to dark it's hard to see the table art.
also new camera options are nice.

Last edited:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I don't know why anyone is complaining about updated 3 tables TOTAN , RBION , and TOM.

The 3 old tables have better HD res. graphics now , lighting is more intense , the ball seems more convincing as a chrome surface , I also noticed a marked improvement on the DOT MATRIX displays , and Im hearing more voice samples than I used to .the transparent ramps are more colorful now. (not the muddy silver blob) the only table not improved (sorry if this in error ) is Black Hole which seems untouched.
Nope, it isn't. At least I have the impression that some shots have become a little easier to make, the one leading up to collecting specials in particular. But I might just as well imagining things...

Anyhow, need to give TOTAN and Ripley's a few more plays now that the ball doesn't seem to be made of rubber anymore. The stupid bounces gave me many cheap drains and used to piss me off to no end, haha. With the new physics those tables should be much more playable now.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Quick impressions on Bride because I'm really disappointed with the table. I had my first game going pretty well, was playing for a good while with 130M clocked or so, and was having fun. Then inside 10 seconds or so I make 2 billion. It makes it seem like that shot is the only thing on the table worth anything. I love the retro-scifi theme and all, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense, especially since there's no separate billionaire leaderboard or anything.

I have the exact same problems with the table too. We have had a pretty good discussion going about it in the BoP section of the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts