Different Neon Color On The PS3 Vs iOS

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I just noticed the ball & neon color on the PS3 version is Yellow... Compaired to iOS's Red ball & neon...

Makes me wonder if Xbox users will get a different color...

EDIT: The color changes everytime you load the table up.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just noticed the ball & neon color on the PS3 version is Yellow... Compaired to iOS's Red ball & neon...

Makes me wonder if Xbox users will get a different color...

I hope we get the green neon color since...well, it's Xbox... :) In the end, I hope FarSight makes the neon color user selectable on all platforms and devices somewhere down the line.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Oh wait, the color changes everytime you load the table up! even better! ;)

How awesome! Now I hope they add this to the iOS version.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think they can because it would require new graphics (my guess). The random colors was always planned for the consoles, with one color on the portables. I was told about this before CV was released (I just kept my mouth shut), so it's not new code that's doing this.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I don't think they can because it would require new graphics (my guess). The random colors was always planned for the consoles, with one color on the portables. I was told about this before CV was released (I just kept my mouth shut), so it's not new code that's doing this.

Thanks Gord, now I know why my question was dodged twice, but I'm looking forward to enjoying this feature on the Xbox 360 nontheless. :D

(I just kept my mouth shut)

Maybe I should do the same with information I acquire... ;)

Last edited:

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
Has there been a change to CV regarding the neon light and menagerie ball color? I had read that the color of each changes every time you start TPA. But so far all I've seen is yellow and I have started the game several times.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Has there been a change to CV regarding the neon light and menagerie ball color? I had read that the color of each changes every time you start TPA. But so far all I've seen is yellow and I have started the game several times.

You have to quit the table then reload it again to change the color. Sometimes you have to do it more than once.

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
I don't think I've left the table and then returned to it later in the same session. Typically once I stop playing any table I don't return to it during the same session. I'll give that a try and see if it works. Thanks.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
So far colors spotted are purple (my favorite) , pink, red, aqua blue, green , yellow, and black neon (which is a glitch with orange )

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The color of the neons are the color of CIRCUS on the table but I haven't seen orange or black? purple,blue,green,yellow,pink,red C I R C U S 6 letters 6 colors. PINKS my favorite because it lights up the table all around more then red,green,yellow,purple,blue.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The color of the neons are the color of CIRCUS on the table but I haven't seen orange or black? purple,blue,green,yellow,pink,red C I R C U S 6 letters 6 colors. PINKS my favorite because it lights up the table all around more then red,green,yellow,purple,blue.

As I said it was some kind of weird graphic glitch , maybe it was red , but the neon tube loaded as black , but flashed red /orange

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Vita has no colored neon variable , it's just red , I was hoping that was temporary but reading PIN WIZ's post I guess that the way it is on all "mobile' devices .

Any posts you read about Vita being "unplayable" due to bugs are strictly opinions, i find it quite enjoyable and verry playable .

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
Couldn't the neon colour change randomly with every new game & have different colours for each player (if more than 1)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Why? Thats not realistic. Maybe if it were a tube of LEDs but you still have the matching color managerie balls. The LED filled tube sounds kinda awsome for owners of a REAL table instead of NEON bulbs.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Couldn't the neon colour change randomly with every new game & have different colours for each player (if more than 1)
The real table obviously doesn't do such a thing. I suppose code could be added to the rendering engine to make that happen, but I don't know if it'd be worth the development and testing time, when we've got so many bugs to squash, new tables to release, and new features to implement.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
The real table obviously doesn't do such a thing. I suppose code could be added to the rendering engine to make that happen, but I don't know if it'd be worth the development and testing time, when we've got so many bugs to squash, new tables to release, and new features to implement.

The random or being able to choose your color in the options would be easy to implement for them and a welcome addition to the game. A definite must that should be worked on for the next table release.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
On PS3 and XBox, the neon/menagerie ball color already randomizes every time you enter the table from the selection menu. Changing it much more often than that (especially for different players in a multiplayer game would, it seems to me, work against verisimilitude; after all, the color on the real table didn't change. The purpose is to give you a taste of the available real-life tables (and look pretty). A table menu option would be nice, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts