Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
TotM%20logo.fw.png

It's that time again, and sign ups are open once more! Just click the link...

http://goo.gl/forms/5vJM0lMo0m

...between now and 10pm Friday. Please, only sign up if you actually intend to play and register your score on Saturday.

Something New This Time will be that as soon as I have the groupings posted late Friday, I will also open the scoring. This should help our Euro and southern hemisphere players get some quality game time in. Depending on how well it goes, this may or may not be permanent. As a reminder, here are the tables for this tourney:

Harley Davidson
Ripley's Believe It Or Not
El Dorado City of Gold
Diner

I have some more codes to give away courtesy of FarSight. For Xbox One I have one last TAF Gold code and a TAF Pro code to give away. For PS4, I have a TAF Pro code and TAF ball pack to give. I'll update if more prizes become available.

See you all in the Tournament of the Month this Saturday!

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Afraid I can't do it this time. I'll be out and busy all day Saturday. It's tempting to stay up and start playing past 1 am Eastern Friday night, but also a bad idea...

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I'll give it a try again this month and do my best. It's going to be hotter than biscuits here in Portland starting Friday with Saturday topping out at 102. I don't have air conditioning because it's not supposed to be this hot.

Good luck to y'all. I'm pretty easy to beat and if I do happen to score high, there will be a screenshot readily available.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not too bad guys, 23 sign ups this first day so far. That's usually where we are at this point, and then I have to start reminding people to get the next 15 or so. I'll give it 24 hours before I do that though. Make sure you talk it up. This and the next wrap up the 1st season, and I would love to have at least 50 people playing at the start of season 2. Anyone have ideas on boosting numbers?

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
thanks for opening the tourney 24hrs. I like to play while drinking and I cant drink on Saturday afternoons cuz of work. gl to every1

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Signed up!

My predictions for how I will do...
HD - 140m
RBION - 11m
ED - 500k
Diner - 3m (hah, I'm gonna choke)

Suggestion for getting new players... Waterboard them

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
Not too bad guys, 23 sign ups this first day so far. That's usually where we are at this point, and then I have to start reminding people to get the next 15 or so. I'll give it 24 hours before I do that though. Make sure you talk it up. This and the next wrap up the 1st season, and I would love to have at least 50 people playing at the start of season 2. Anyone have ideas on boosting numbers?

Maybe if you did a Poll, something like "Which was the most exciting tables selection in the ToTM so far?
Was it JUNE - Harleys, Diner, Ripley's and El Dorado
MAY - Monster Bash, etc
APRIL - You get the picture.

Lots of people look at that section cos people just love taking surveys. You could expose the ToTM to a lot of new potential players and really display what it is and the diversity of the tables played each month. Especially with the comments the poll will attract from the already converted here.
No harm in giving it a go. Anyway even if you didn't get any new players it'd be intrinsically interesting. I think you would pick up new players though.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014

Getting FS employees to join in has to be the best possible way! ;) Great to see you on board FlippyFlippy. This tournament is really a blast.
I recommend hanging out in chat, grabbing a couple of beers, checking out the streams of the competitors and just playing for fun :)

I was looking for ways to stream or at least record games off the iPad, but there seems to be none? If anyone know of a way to do that I'm all ears.

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
I'm new to TotM, and really looking forward to participating on Saturday! :D

Forgive me if I'm asking a question that has been addressed before, but I didn't see it answered in the FAQ. On Saturday, are we allowed warm-up games before we play our official entries?
Ideally, I would give myself an arbitrary number of warm-up plays, then play for real. Example: 3 warm-up games of El Dorado, then 2 official games of El Dorado. 3 warm-up games of Diner, then 2 official games of Diner. Etc. Etc. **Absolutely no deciding in the middle of an official game that it is another warm-up.**

I definitely want to stick within the guidelines and not cheat, which is why I am seeking clarification. Are we allowed to warm-up the day of the tournament? Are we allowed to warm-up between tournament games (as to adjust to each table's distinctive style)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.