Do you prefer the new lighting on the original tables?

Do you prefer the new lighting on the original tables?

• Yes, I prefer playing the tables in a darker environment.

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • No, I prefer playing the tables in a brighter environment.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
I'm sure most of you are playing the new tables, but I'm curious what you think of the new lighting schemes on the original tables.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Turn off those Lights !
lightsout.jpg

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
My initial reaction was that ToM was too dark BUT after getting used to it a bit more, I also agree the tables have never looked better. Black Hole looks really cool in the new lighting!

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
haven't played the new ones (xbox360 here), but i can say that seeing the tpa tables for the first time, they seemed very very bright in comparison to the real machines... so i think this/now is better and more lifelike

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Played TOTAN last night and I like the way it looked before the DLC update way better. In the end though if the dot matrix was as bright as it was before I could live with it.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I think that the graphics look sharper. I like the new lighting. They should keep it that way. IMO, it's perfect as it is right now.

If there are alot of complaints then FS could come up with a feature that enables players to change lighting to their liking.

Blaque907

Jun 25, 2012
I think that the graphics look sharper. I like the new lighting. They should keep it that way. IMO, it's perfect as it is right now.

If there are alot of complaints then FS could come up with a feature .

I agree about comming up with an solution that enables players to change lighting to their liking.. Some of the tables are a little to dark but some tables are perfect. BH is way to dark, RBON is a little to dark, TOTAN is perfect, FH is perfect, BOPB is perfect, MM is in between, CV is perfect, TOM is a little dark..

But on a postive exit I believe FS is going in the right direction.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Yeah, I whined a bit yesterday that the tables had become a bit ugly/dark. Been playing since yesterday, and yeah - this update has been EXCELLENT, TPA has never been better. Realism is their goal, and they keep inching closer to that goal. Nonetheless, adjustable lighting is a great idea for the future.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I think it may depend on the display. I don't like the darker versions much on my bedroom tv, but my living room tv looks way better. Maybe for me it is the resolution because the whole game looks unimpressive in 720p. (my display). Looks great in 1080p.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I would prefer the choice to play in both environments, like playing in a room with the lights on, or the lights off. The dark versions don't let you see the beautiful artwork on some of these machines because of the lack of color.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I would prefer the choice to play in both environments, like playing in a room with the lights on, or the lights off. The dark versions don't let you see the beautiful artwork on some of these machines because of the lack of color.

Yeah, that would be cool....

In real life, dark is always better for the light show, plus if you have lights on in the room then you might get unwanted reflections or glare on the glass....but since that's not an issue in the game, it would be nice to have different lighting options.

Either way, I really like the new look.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I love the lighting on the new tables. Funhouse and BoP look sooo good! The way the lighting of the slingshots reflects on the ball and the table is spectacular.
Farsight did an excellent job in my opinion.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
I also saw a big diverence when i compare the tables on the ps3 with the tables from my Ipad. oooo And i love the lighting what a good job farsight!!!
Keep up the good stuff and i hope this effect also can ported to the Vita.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
After playing on my living room tv, I love the new look. However, I still like my view of wanting both a light in the room is on option, and see what a real light show looks like option.

Asure

Jun 29, 2012
After playing on my living room tv, I love the new look. However, I still like my view of wanting both a light in the room is on option, and see what a real light show looks like option.
Having played both in a dark arcade, and in my home, a darkly lit room was much better for seeing backlit table inserts and the DMD. But i also would like a switchable option to choose :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wow. I just played my iPad version for the first time in days. The difference between the PS3 and iPad is like night and day! Bazinga! Get it? Because the lighting? Oh nevermind. Try the veal!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts