Any way to buy less than $5 on PSN store?

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
I have $4.68 in my wallet on PSN. Is there no way to just add the small amount needed to get to $5? It's really annoying that I have to add $5 when I just need .31 cents to by the DLC pack.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
How did you manage to get such an odd amount? Live Marketplace works the same way - you have to buy 5$ minimum. Many have complained, Sony and MS have yet to listen.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
He likely had a bunch of money in there at one time, but with games set at $x.99, it ends up leaving an odd amount.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
He likely had a bunch of money in there at one time, but with games set at $x.99, it ends up leaving an odd amount.

Kinda. I actually bought something that was $.49 (an avatar) and had to put in $5 for it. Was the first DLC I've bought in ages and wasn't aware I needed to do that (it wasn't that way before). Now, every time I buy something, I'm like .35 short, so it's another $5. Annoying.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Kinda. I actually bought something that was $.49 (an avatar) and had to put in $5 for it. Was the first DLC I've bought in ages and wasn't aware I needed to do that (it wasn't that way before). Now, every time I buy something, I'm like .35 short, so it's another $5. Annoying.

Fund your wallet for $5 and change. Then next time your problem is fixed. The store will automatically fund your wallet for the purchase if you let it. Instead manually fund before you start your purchase.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Fund your wallet for $5 and change. Then next time your problem is fixed. The store will automatically fund your wallet for the purchase if you let it. Instead manually fund before you start your purchase.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll probably only be buying TPA tables in the foreseeable future, so I'm sure that'll be the way to go.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The weird thing is that you'll get charged tax on PSN gift cards, at least through Amazon.ca. I protested this, and they assured me that there was supposed to be tax charged on it (yet they hadn't charged me tax on any previous PSN card purchases).

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Wow, I can't believe Amazon.ca does that. They're not supposed to charge you tax. I think there's a law against that. I've never been charged tax on points cards (3DS, PSN) when I've bought them at Best Buy and Shopper's Drug Mart, Zellers, etc.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The weird thing is that you'll get charged tax on PSN gift cards, at least through Amazon.ca. I protested this, and they assured me that there was supposed to be tax charged on it (yet they hadn't charged me tax on any previous PSN card purchases).

That seems rather odd. Since I have never paid any tax on PSN cards that I have purchased in stores. I know that Alberta has different taxes than where I am from, but I always thought you only had the 5% GST and no provincial sales tax.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

They charge tax on the cards because they are physical items being sold/shipped. Where as if it stays all digital there is no physical goods changing hands.
Or at least that's how it was told to me.

I personally like having a balance in my wallet. I usually deposit $50 at a time and make it last as long as possible. So it seems like I am getting a lot of things for about the amount of a single disc based game.

I also signed up for the $50 free PSN code with a Visa card so I haven't had to buy more credit in quite a while, which is always nice! :)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you play a lot of games on the PS3, PS+ is a great deal. They just loaded a ton of full PS3 games on there for free, and you can play them until your PS+ account expires. Heck of a deal, and they're going to rotate games in and out.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
If you play a lot of games on the PS3, PS+ is a great deal. They just loaded a ton of full PS3 games on there for free, and you can play them until your PS+ account expires. Heck of a deal, and they're going to rotate games in and out.

Indeed it is a great deal. My PS3 went mostly untouched for a couple of years until they made that deal. Just Cause 2 and LBP2 were both more than enough incentive for me to upgrade to Plus. Hopefully they get it integrated with the Vita because it really is a fantastic system.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.