Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.7 [iOS/Android]

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
A new Android update has been to Google Play with the following changes:

ADDED a new EM pinball table, SUPERSONIC.
FIXED wrong function of Multispecial that gives an extra ball now on FARFALLA.
FIXED wrong flippers of arcade/sim mode on LUCKY FRUIT, UNIVERSE, FUTURE WORLD, STRIKE and FIRE MOUNTAIN.
FIXED wrong backglass in dark modes on EM tables.

111m4qx.jpg

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Bug - Supersonic table

Flipper feed wires are too low in how they connect to the flipper pivot point.
The right side is more affected than the left. If you get the ball on top of the flipper pivot it can remain stuck.
Pic from ipdb attached to show how wire should flow onto the flipper face.

Artwork is also a little off centre to the inserts.
Look at the 2 inserts in the flag near the flipper gap, and the inserts that run down the purple diagonal art above them.

Device Samsung Note 4 SM-910F Running LP5.0.1 Adreno 420 GPU.
57d4f4a43d4a0e917fdbbec6c473983d.jpg

401fe016a076a589b0b61b49d5fa7fd9.jpg

Additional - the drain haters aren't going to like this one. :)

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
7191d3a3ba.jpg

1) lower part of the table there are jaggies as circled.
2) artwork. London to Paris Arrows are much smaller than on real table.
3) upper part on the left I put a slow ball up here and the ball got stuck. Had to call the attendant.
4) upper part on the right, there is some strange magnet affect here. The ball goes all over the place.

general comments. The tables at the top are still too dark in "DAY" mode. Space shuttle is unplayable as a "DAY" mode table.

When the ball is launched and gets near the top of the table, there is an annoying snap of the camera (customised 4) and the table blinks black. Annoys me greatly.

Slingshots on default Arcade settings still too aggressive.

This new supersonic table, from install I went into Graphic options and selected "DEFAULT" which changed the inner lighting from 0 to 50%. Why is this not default from install?

night

May 18, 2012
^
Compared with the real table the long row of arrows are not correctly centered on the left side. Indeed it seems the playfield is shifted. Also I like to note that allover the black outlines on the playfield artwork are too fat compared to the real table, where the linework is (much) thinner.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thank all of you for quick feedback.

An update has been sent to Google Play to fix major flipper issue on Supersonic table as soon as possible. The other graphical issues will be addressed by the next update.

Update v3.7.1
FIXED wrong position of flippers on SUPERSONIC.
REMOVED unnecessary plastic nuts on SUPERSONIC.
FIXED wrong position of playfield on UNIVERSE.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hey Zsolt - thanks for the update.
Couple more items...

eefddd911da136ee9691eb1db0919070.jpg

Shadows or shading where excess removed nuts is still present in night mode.

Should the highlighted lamps be permanently lit from game start. Can't find video footage, but I was imagining that they would be unlit, with each pass through the lane gate lighting another lamp. But I have no knowledge of the real table.
Also the advance super sonic light at the top. Should that be lit at game start?

Rule sheet - just gives a blank screen. Don't know if this is work in progress, or was missed.

8abfa9fb2d779817eca7db6f9675ccf0.jpg

Nice table Zsolt and team! Great addition.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the free roaming camera. Is it me or does it look like a drunk person holding a camera? Is shakes and wobbles all over the place. Pretty sure Baron posted a video of when this feature was first added and it was butter smooth. Tried it on 2 devices and get the same thing.

Start the app. Load a table and then let the auto free roaming camera take you round the table.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
the free roaming camera. Is it me or does it look like a drunk person holding a camera? Is shakes and wobbles all over the place. Pretty sure Baron posted a video of when this feature was first added and it was butter smooth. Tried it on 2 devices and get the same thing.

Start the app. Load a table and then let the auto free roaming camera take you round the table.
Totally got this impression as well. I think it is supposed to emulate someone walking around the table for a squiz. It is a bit "Blair Witch" though.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Totally got this impression as well. I think it is supposed to emulate someone walking around the table for a squiz. It is a bit "Blair Witch" though.
I don't think it's changed since introduced personally.
I really like the random quick moves it makes. It really shows off the reflection tech. Pinball Champ 83 looks just beautiful.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Screenshot_2015-07-09-11-07-07.png

The lighting on Supersonic is really patchy/inconsistent. You can see that with dynamic lighting on only the Right flipper is "lit" and the play field is littered with these weird "shadow" zones where the ball seems to drift in and out of light, even though the playfield appears to be lit fairly evenly.

This is a screenshot from a Nexus 5 running 5.1.1 (un-rooted); GPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Has anyone actually been awarded the extra ball achievement? I have gotten the extra ball on several tables but still haven't gotten the achievement. Today I managed to get the extra ball on Universe, not fun but fun, and still no dice. Is there something wrong with this achievement or does it have to be gotten on a specific table?

74-89

May 2, 2014
v3.7.1 is a great update. Agreed with Baron, I don't think the flyover has changed.

Supersonic is cool. Looking forward to this update on iOS!

Flipper adjustments on Lucky Fruit and Universe have improved gameplay on those tables in Arcade mode. Strike and Fire Mountain also feel better to me now.

See next post for feedback on Future World, however...

Remaining issues: Still need night mode with outside lighting set to 100% to see all of each table. Day (Light) still has some problems. I didn't look at this long before setting it back to night +100 outside light.

Glass reflection intensity needed to be set to 100% in order to be anything other than merely noticeable (100 looks like 50 to me).

Slingshot power across all tables defaults to 50% and these slings are fully powered. If this is 50% I don't want to know what 100% would be like (50 looks like 100 to me). Some of us are setting them to 0% to tame them.

All of these settings could use recalibration in my opinion, and Supersonic feels like a work in progress due to graphic and rule sheet issues. Not sure this one operates properly.

Universe still has a very difficult to read rule sheet, the formatting wasn't corrected.

Everything else looks good to me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts