Perfecting Zaccaria Pinball

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
This game is nearing completion and is close to perfect imo. I just have a few ideas for finishing touches that could add some polish and replay value before the (hopefully) PC release.

Sound options: I would love to be able to select EM chime box sounds for the tables that could have been released with it. It can be seen in gameplay videos that sometimes the EM tables have digital sounds like what we have in game now, and some have the chime box sound. Also for certain tables that came in a SS and EM version, like Strike and House of Daimonds, it would be really cool to have the option for the SS sounds, the digital EM sounds, or the classic chimes and bells of old school EMs. This sound option would be a fantastic addition to the pinball construction app that will hopefully come.

Goals/ Acheivements/ Challenges: The 5 goals on Google play are awesome, please don't forget to fix the 'extra ball' goal! I would really like to see goals for each table, this would tie in nicely with Steam achievements of PS trophy support. If anyone is up for it, we should come up with a list of suggested goals for each table.

For example, Farfalla goals could be something like : 1. Earn an Orange Special 2. Earn a Red Special. 3. Earn a Blue Special 4. Earn a Yellow Special. 5. Save a ball with the right outline flipper 6. Save a ball with the left outlane flipper 7. Spot a letter with the left and right LOVE inlane in the same ball 8. Advance the bonus multipyer to X20. 9. Score 100,000 in one ball. 10. Score 3,000,000 in a game.

Could call it "Obiettivi Guidata"

Post any ideas you got, and please say what you think of my ideas.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
A view that incorporates the back glass, like the one used in PAPA videos would be awesome. For Magic Castle especially. For future possible cab support, it would also be nice to have live backglasses

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
A view that incorporates the back glass, like the one used in PAPA videos would be awesome. For Magic Castle especially. For future possible cab support, it would also be nice to have live backglasses

That is already possible, set it in your custom camera views.

Drahcir

Jul 1, 2015
I think it's the right thread to post those suggestions again :)

a more configurable Icade settings ( possibility to assing plunger to different buttons or to the joystick like TPA and Atomic) would be interesting for those who want to play both games on a moded Icade or custom mini tablet pinball cabinet.

Actually all games have different Icade settings... TPA 's and Atomic's are not configurable (atomic Pinball has a strange flippers mapping) and Zaccaria's are but not totally.
In fact it would be very interesting to have all games having the same icade (or bluetooth encoder) settings ( or at least the possibility to remap all buttons and joystick)

Also a way to display the backglass on a different device (android/IOS tablet ) via bluetooth or another way ...would be very interesting for cab support (even for tablets).

Thanks for all the good work!!!!

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I would love to see a slider to affect the intensity of the fingerprinted glass and the scratched glass. I love the look of these, but they obscure the playfield too much as they stand. An intensity slider to "alpha" the effect would be awesome.

Keep up the amazing work. I went Gold Member within five minutes of gameplay!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
That is already possible, set it in your custom camera views.

You are right I got a nice full machine view going. On that note, it would be great to see the backglass light up when it should. I would also like the option to move the icons and score box to the bottom of the screen or toggle them off and just use the "real" score board. I can't tell if the first player is keeping score on the backglass because all that stuff is in the way.

Being able to set up multiplayer, local foremost and possibly online would be nice.

Completely agree with all the suggestions so far.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Happy with pretty much everything. For iOS the settings screen on an iPad displays in a iPhone format ( sliders display too large and difficult to scroll down to other parameters) please revert back to multiple columns to fit an iPad display.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I would also like the option to move the icons and score box to the bottom of the screen or toggle them off and just use the "real" score board. I can't tell if the first player is keeping score on the backglass because all that stuff is in the way.

settings minimal ui option

74-89

May 2, 2014
Keep up the amazing work. I went Gold Member within five minutes of gameplay!

Welcome to the nearly complete ASK Homework/Magic Pixel Zaccaria experience! Some of us were here in its infancy of five tables (or something) and can only wonder what it must be like for new users. Join us as we strive towards completion of what has been an amazing journey.

You might be in for such added features as a last EM table (maybe), red blue and translucent flippers (probably), new version of old 22 table collection of originals (sounds likely), and a "secret pinball editor" (hello Taito Pinball Collection! I think we have enough talent and enthusiasm here on this forum to tackle this project if no one else will, once armed with the editor).

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Welcome to the nearly complete ASK Homework/Magic Pixel Zaccaria experience! Some of us were here in its infancy of five tables (or something) and can only wonder what it must be like for new users. Join us as we strive towards completion of what has been an amazing journey.

You might be in for such added features as a last EM table (maybe), red blue and translucent flippers (probably), new version of old 22 table collection of originals (sounds likely), and a "secret pinball editor" (hello Taito Pinball Collection! I think we have enough talent and enthusiasm here on this forum to tackle this project if no one else will, once armed with the editor).

I can tell you: Discovering Zaccaria has been a mind blowing experience. My kids and I play lots of Visual Piball at home on our cabinet. I love the volunteer community at VP. We're out of town for two weeks. I feared going through withdrawal from VP, so I logged on to the App Store to find Zaccaria .

I can't believe how great the app is. Particularly the ball physics -- best in the business. And secondly -- the lighting. Wow. Looks so warm and organic.

Congrats to those of you who have been here from the beginning. It must have been so much fun to see the app develop and to connect with such a wonderfully responsive team of developers.

Can't wait for the editor / construction set!

Go Zaccaria!!!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
1560-2.jpg

http://www.pinball-gallery.com/recherche2.php?const=ZACCARIA

I thought some might like to see these, this page has a bunch of the sales flyers. A viewer for these and the awesome posters in the game background would make a nice touch. Maybe an unlockable feature on PC?

Also this great image of Queens Castle backglass is on this page:
1537-2.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
For me, I love everything, and what an adventure this was, I remember when Zaccaria was just Time Machine! What an incredible job Zsolt and his team did on this app. It overruled TPA in art and physics, and I'll bet ASK made the Farsight team more than a little nervous with all these amazing options and graphics quality. I am looking forward to any new future developments of the ASK team, they are loyal and dedicated ot their product and custommers. I wish them lots of succes.

For me, I would love to see transparent flippers, and the old style user interface without the scrolling.
And the option to switch off Game Time Bonus. :)

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Well said, night. My guess is that TBA being the pinball aficionados they are will respond to Ask Homeworks having raised the bar by stepping up their own game in terms of lighting and physics. Lots of talent on both teams, but I agree that Ask has the inside track at the moment -- by a long shot.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Not sure where to post this, but...

I can't wait for PC support from ASK for the Zaccaria tables. Playing on iOS is amazing. I love to imagine what the experience would be like playing on our PC cabinet at home!

Thank you ASK and forum members.

:)

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Hopefully the backglass images will be improved when and if dual screen cabinet support arrives. On iOS I rarely see the backglass, but on computer those images are a big part of the fun / realism.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.