Bug Backdoor billion + expired multiball bug

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Hi,

I had an issue where I had had a multiball going, and one ball drained. The face hadn't yet turned because I hadn't shot the small wheel hole or the face. I made a backdoor billion, and the camera instantly zoomed to the face when it turned over. I couldn't retain view of the remaining ball and it drained. It should be fairly easy to reproduce unless there's something else going on I didn't notice. Thanks. This is on the PS3 version by the way.

e: To clarify, the problem is that the camera will zoom in on the face if you make a backdoor billion while the face is waiting to change to a previous form, making you lose sight of the ball.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've never been a fan of those special focus cams in the first place. Especially in BoP when her face is large enough to not need it. It also takes away from the awesome light show during the metamorphosis.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I made a backdoor billion, and the camera instantly zoomed to the face when it turned over. I couldn't retain view of the remaining ball and it drained. It should be fairly easy to reproduce unless there's something else going on I didn't notice.
Bolded statements are mutually contradictory... :p

Boggystyle

Jul 2, 2012
I had the same problem, but it was after I completed the first optical link; It stayed on the face when it should have went to the plunger camera, then when it should have went to the table camera it went to the plunger camera, which made it extremely difficult to see where the ball was, to say the least, even on the best angled one.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Agreed about the camera shifts... although it's VERY helpful to turn off the multiball camera in the options, it would be nice to have the option to disable all the other zooms that occur.

As for this bug... I had a similar one last night, and it ruined my chance to move up higher on the leaderboard. I had over 9.5 billion and it was my last ball. I was in multiball and something happened to one of the balls... it disappeared although I can't say for sure exactly how, whether it drained or got stuck or just somehow vanished. But the other ball was in the lock position below the face. The camera zoomed up there, and the game was just frozen right there. Finally, the self-ejecting feature kicked in, and it released the one locked ball, but the camera didn't pan back, so of course I quickly lost the ball because I couldn't see it. The game just hung like this forever. "Call Attendant" just said the ball was not frozen, so that wouldn't work. Finally after several minutes of this, I decided all I could try was to intentionally tilt the machine... but that also didn't help. It just sat there with "TILT" in the middle, and still would not reset from this state. "Call Attendant" continued to fail (I was trying it over and over out of desperation... I wanted to get this score up on the leaderboard).

Crappy. And now I've learned that the PS3 version that I play has an inherent limitation where you can't register a score over 10 billion anyway. Very discouraging. I hope that can be patched.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.