Votes: 17 25.4%
  • The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • Jack*Bot

Votes: 23 34.3%

• Total voters

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Jack*Bot. DMD, deepest rules, and the Pin*Bot playfield with the notorious outlanes adjusted. Then, when you wager your score, there's Pin*Bot saying "let it ride" in his unique voice - one of pinball's great comic moments!

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
Although the Bride has a lot to say for it, JackBot is more fun to play. I have played all three in real life and JackBot is my favorite.

Gary

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I used to spend my childhood holidays sitting on the backglass of the machine next to the one my parents were playing so I could see them play. The music, voices & noises in Pinbot & Gorgar uses to scare the **** out of me so much they had to leave me outside the arcade in one of those little hydraulic helicopters while they played pinball.

I'm 31 now and I love the sinister music and noises of the original Pinbot now I can hear them without crying :)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Pin*Bot was the first table I played multiple times. My dad bought one when I was about 15. So for years we had it in the basement.

The funny thing is, I had no idea what all the rules were until we implemented it in PHOF.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Glad to see the love for Pinbot. I have played all three at various pinball conventions and Pinbot is the one that sticks out the most to me. The layout and gameplay are heavily dependent on skilled ball control especially when the outlanes are set to be unforgiving. In addition to that, the sounds and artwork are fantastic and really create an awesome atmosphere for a pinball machine. I played that table the most in PHoF and would pick it up again in TPA no problem.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Voted for Jackbot since while I haven't actually played it myself the PAPA video makes it seem like a great table. Bride is probably slightly better thematically, but whoever designed the scoring system for it ruined everything.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Never played Jack Bot, but pinbot is one of my favorite tables ever. Bride is too one dimensional to me.

The more I play the table, the more I agree with that statement. The billion point shot completely ruins any competitive scoring for the table and advancing through the game is as simple as shooting the ramp over and over again. Completing the grid on Pinbot was a much better accomplishment to allow for a chance to get multiball play and the scoring is much more representative of quality play. I really hope that we get a new version of Pinbot soon.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
The more I play the table, the more I agree with that statement. The billion point shot completely ruins any competitive scoring for the table and advancing through the game is as simple as shooting the ramp over and over again. Completing the grid on Pinbot was a much better accomplishment to allow for a chance to get multiball play and the scoring is much more representative of quality play. I really hope that we get a new version of Pinbot soon.

Even worse than that even if you ignore the billion point shots the big wheel still has a 50 million score on it which outstrips everything else on the table by a large margin. It's really just horrible design on that entire thing.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Even worse than that even if you ignore the billion point shots the big wheel still has a 50 million score on it which outstrips everything else on the table by a large margin. It's really just horrible design on that entire thing.

That is quite true. I just took a look at the rest of the scoring for the table and even that is quite excessive. On my best games I have got the skill shot multiplier up to 20x and even at that high the most I could score from that is 4,000,000. At this point I have given up at playing BoP for score and more just as a fun unwind table where you have to do very little make a lot of lights flash. :D

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
JAck Bot. It has the nice PinBot layout but a deeper ruleset and less punishing.

BoP couldve been the best if it weren't for ruining the whole experience with only one or 2 shots that matters. Also the transformation animations start to take forever if you play this for a bit, but I could live with that if they removed the 2 high scores on the big wheel. IF you want an excessive scoring mode or ability, put it in your wizard mode (Atlantis, Grande Finale) or make it so everyone can make it but it has a risk/reward mechanic to it (Lamp in TOTAN).

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
From a purely nostalgic viewpoint it's BoP for me. Played it a lot in a couple of Camden bars and then, many years later, restored one with a near-perfect diamond plate playfield. I agree that the scoring rather screws up the game though. Generally less of an issue on the actual machine as it is usually setup to be less generous with extra balls etc.

Never quite clicked with the card/gambling theme of Jackbot but I really like the layout and art of Pinbot. One of my favourite multiballs of any game.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
From a purely nostalgic viewpoint it's BoP for me. Played it a lot in a couple of Camden bars and then, many years later, restored one with a near-perfect diamond plate playfield. I agree that the scoring rather screws up the game though. Generally less of an issue on the actual machine as it is usually setup to be less generous with extra balls etc.

Never quite clicked with the card/gambling theme of Jackbot but I really like the layout and art of Pinbot. One of my favourite multiballs of any game.

Jackbot is the best one of the three, however BoP is the most popular and will win this poll.

bonch

May 24, 2012
BoP may not have the best scoring system for use in a tournament, but in terms of being a fun pinball table in a social setting, landing a billionaire shot is pretty satisfying.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I loved, and still love, the music and SFX in BoP. They really fit the table well.

Hands up who flips the flippers in time to the small wheel snare beats, and prays to hear the Jackpot music when the small wheel awards that mode.

I've not played the original Pin*Bot, so can't vote on that. Surprisingly though, I voted for Jack*Bot. Gameplay depth, DCS sound, DMD, deep ruleset. LET. IT. RIIIIDE.

The tilt SFX on Jack*Bot also makes me laugh.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts