Current iOS tourney.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Well as no thread has been started I'll get one going. We all know the tables so I won't list them. Same as the the current PC tourney going on. Any complaints or kudos welcome. So far looks good with Gus joining the fray and kicking ass as usual. What a score on Whirlwind man!! One suspect score I think on F2K?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
There's a few tables I could live without - HH, JY and Victory, but some cool tables as well. WW, SpSh and F2k are pretty sweet tables for tourneys so I won't complain :)

Thanks :) That WW game I had was nice, got up to 10M jackpots twice in the same game. I was surprised to see the final score register correctly, as it didn't register 100M roll-overs last time it was in a tourney. I made sure to drain all balls before the time was up, maybe that made a difference.

Flutegirlrocks has scores that look legit on many tables, but 101M on F2k must be a score from another table posted to the wrong leaderboard :)

I haven't been able to play Safe Cracker much yet, but found out a few things in the tourney:
- Tokens earned doesn't count towards the collection, and magic credits earned doesn't register.
- You can play regular game or Assault style, either way will count on the leaderboard. AOTV does cost a magic credit that you need to earn outside of the tournament. Scorewise I got about the same score in both modes ~5,5M (18 minute game with 3 or 4 vaults entered). Obviously it's much easier and faster to get 5M+ from AOTV though.
- VAULT letters reset for each game, so not likely to spell the whole thing in one game.

Good luck everyone!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I'm thinking there is some kind of glitch going on there. 101M on F2K is crazy as the first overall score by Tarek is around 15M I think? We can all agree that Tarek is the benchmark to go by here.
Yeah, for sure. 10M on FP is not a real score either.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Again, I'm playing on a iPhone 5, which is pefectxy fine with me. If I can see the damn ball. I can deal with it, but I'm not a big fan of 'change'.

On the other hand, everyone has to deal with the stupid original ball, so it's an even playing field.

I payed for the gd ball packs, I realise the ADDAMS balls make it complicated, but I get more and more pissed off about this the more tourneys there are. I like playing on the iPhone 5, nudging is easier, but it's hard to see the flippin ball. Change is bad

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Yeah, for sure. 10M on FP is not a real score either.

Looks like maybe 2 scores now. I guess 9 and 10M are theoretically possible but it seems out of reach with a 20 min time limit. Tarek and Vikingerik are 1 and 2 all time on firepower. Scores of 9M+ and 7M+ respectively. So something does seem kinda fishy here for sure.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I feel like I'm just playing Safacracker and not working on the other tables. But I don't understand how so many people are getting 5mil+. There must be a trick to AOTV. Got like 12 JPs and it was still crap. But I'm too lazy to look it up. Besides, learning myself is the fun. P.S. - WW is mean to me this time and I wanna cry

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Looks like maybe 2 scores now. I guess 9 and 10M are theoretically possible but it seems out of reach with a 20 min time limit. Tarek and Vikingerik are 1 and 2 all time on firepower. Scores of 9M+ and 7M+ respectively. So something does seem kinda fishy here for sure.

In 20 minutes of FP, 2M-2.5M is about the limit. There's no runaway scoring on that table, especially with the lower 'Power' target so darned difficult to hit.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
In 20 minutes of FP, 2M-2.5M is about the limit. There's no runaway scoring on that table, especially with the lower 'Power' target so darned difficult to hit.

Correct, I scored 2.7M in a tourney once on this table and it was constant spinner for all 20 minutes and getting lucky on EB's.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Watch yourself maestroreese

P.S. - this is to FS. Why do you insist on having Firepower in the tourneys?
Either fix the bugs (that you have known about since the begining of time), or just don't include it in a tourney. It's a great table, and I enjoy playing it. So it's nothing against your recreation of Firepower, it's just that it shouldn't be in the tourneys until it's completed. I can't even comprehend why you would still put it in the tourney (considering I'm not the first one that has said this). Whoever chooses the tourney tables should rearrange thier way of thinking. Why why why would you do Firepower again? To make it clear, I love Firepower, but whoever is choosing the tourney tables needs to seriously reconsider thier choices. There are 60 to choose from for god's sakes

Just borrow SYT's randomizer

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
On the PC side, three players are over 2M (2.258-2.509M), so maybe that range should be 2.4-2.6M?

Is the lower POWER target just difficult, or impossible? I ask because it's on my list of impossible shots, mostly compiled from v.e..

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
On the PC side, three players are over 2M (2.258-2.509M), so maybe that range should be 2.4-2.6M?

Is the lower POWER target just difficult, or impossible? I ask because it's on my list of impossible shots, mostly compiled from v.e..

I'm going based on my own 1.8M game, which finished with more than enough time to get into that upper range.

That lower target is hittable from a running shot, but not from a trap.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm going based on my own 1.8M game, which finished with more than enough time to get into that upper range.

That lower target is hittable from a running shot, but not from a trap.

Still hard as heck from a running shot. You're better off just starting Multiball and hoping for a random bounce into it

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

Make that 2.8M.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
On SC you can hold up the left flipper when being ejected from the main entrance for a trap on the right

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
I'm too computer illiterate to figure out how to post pictures. If you look at the final standings for the tourney there is definitely something a little wonky there. I'm going to go out on a limb anyway and congratulate Gus for the win( this is like a broken record lol). Well played everyone. Despite the obvious crazy scores on a few tables there was some really good scores put up this month. The competition is definitely tougher over the last few tourneys.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Placed first in silver star tourney. I assume most discussion this thread is on gold star because my scores were not as high as mentioned...e.g. ww=56 mil, fp=1.7 mil, SS=5.2 mil, don't recall the others. I had some problems with firepower as previously mentioned, I.e. Glitches. Played on my iPhone 6. Not looking forward to gold, but put some blood, sweat, and tears to get there. I like the 20 min time limit, don't mind ex balls with this format. Would like farsight to consider capping the amount of plays per table, don't know what a good number would be, but more than one and less than fifty seems reasonable.
Cheers

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I'm too computer illiterate to figure out how to post pictures. If you look at the final standings for the tourney there is definitely something a little wonky there. I'm going to go out on a limb anyway and congratulate Gus for the win( this is like a broken record lol). Well played everyone. Despite the obvious crazy scores on a few tables there was some really good scores put up this month. The competition is definitely tougher over the last few tourneys.
Thanks Crooker, and well played to you as always! Yeah some weird scores posted on F2k and FP, but they look more like bug/crossposted than cheating like last time. I wonder why FS can't remove scores that are obviously not legit (e.g. 100M+ on F2k).
@Farsight, what's up with the final standings? Reversed the top 3 somehow?
mc7cmv.jpg

tmzTj3.jpg

Edit: Wow those images came out huge! :) Reduced them a bit!

Last edited:

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks Gus. That was the picture I was trying to put up. Pretty weird how the standings somehow got messed up like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.