Bug Save Data bug

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Were coming up on the Xbox One test cycle and I was wondering how many users are still experiencing a bug with the save data not working?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Me, every time I play, it's just not even attempting to make a save file.

And signing in and out of Xbox Live doesn't resolve the issue?

The problem were having here is that it's not happening on our test or retail kit so I'm trying to get any and all info regarding the issue.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
No worries, I'll happily do all I can to try and help, as a resolution to this problem is sorely needed!

At which point do you want me to sign out of, and back into, Xbox LIVE, because if I do it whilst the game is running, it asks me if I own this game or app, kicks me out (due to digital licensing), and then when I make changes in-game to force a save, and then check the console's HDD, there is no evidence of a save having been made.

9b3063dd486f02fe96fdf908dcb22c02.jpg

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Before you start a game, try going into the dashboard to log in and out. This was reported to be a work around and if I can get more confirmations we should be able to track it down quicker.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Sad to hear that. Pinball without leaderboards, arrrgh. :-(
I end the game, if its still running. Then disconnect and connect from from xbox live in the dashboard.
Then Start the game new.
The arcade Saves every score, Works well (for me).

Is this something you have to do before every game? And does it save goals as well?

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Is this something you have to do before every game? And does it save goals as well?

Just had a go again tried different ways, still no save goals, high scores or room brightness. It does come up saving in bottom right corner but where it saves I don't know. It used to save when I first purchased the packs, seems it started last few months. Don't know about Jensen button leaderboards that's something different. Problem here is goals, high scores.

pinbad

Jul 1, 2015
I tried the dashboard thing before and had no success. Game still wont save despite multiple troubleshooting efforts.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
The leaderboard issue will be fixed in the upcoming release. If the save data isn't saving, you'll notice none of the settings saving such as the brightness, custom ball, and controls settings. Also local high scores wouldn't be saving as well.

Edit: And is anyone Not having the issue with save data?

Has the game not been saving since release or since the last patch?

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
My game definitely saved all things fine when the game first launched, I can only assume that it is since the latest patch (my game is showing Patch No. 1.0.0.7), that the save bug has occurred.

ATARI

May 13, 2014
All my goals etc saved at one time, I came across the problem in May this year. I originally paid and downloaded all the 4 packs all was great. Then May all saves lost. Just to add I was a pinball engineer in the 90s so have a lot of experience with the original pintables so I was amazed how well you and the Farsite team have recreated these pins.

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
From FlippyFloppy "The leaderboard issue will be fixed in the upcoming release."
Will the Cirqus Voltaire neon bug, Gorgar pop bumpers bug and others be fixed with this new update also?

TwilightEndZone

Jun 12, 2015

If you can't replicate this problem with your test system... keep playing and it is bound to happen. I can share my experiences with you to add to what the others have said.

If you are trying to find this bug and don't have a lot of time to devote to the search, just pick one machine to play in the office. Almost immediately you will likely defeat the standard goals and in no time probably wipe out the wizard goals (all while racking up local high scores).
Keep going back to that same game and one of these times you will notice it to show the five 'standard goals' stars to be blank which will be a big tip that you have experienced the bug. All of your scores, custom balls, goals, wizard goals, settings will be gone.

I have found (sadly too late) that if you open up another app or even turn off the XB1 a few times and get back to TPA that eventually it will miraculously 'remember' you again. The trick is to not start up a pinball game if you see it has 'forgotten' you. (Just get out of it, restart the machine if you have to and get back into it until your stuff is there again.)

I don't know if that helps or not ... I also noticed this to start in May of this year. Good luck in getting this fixed and by the way, **Cough cough** Paragon **Cough Cough** whew... excuse me. :cool:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
All the info the better, and I'm pushing to get the Circus Voltaire staying lit and the Gorgar issue fixed and the Creature from the black lagoon draw order issue with the ball being visible when it passes under the center of the playfield. I've forwarded the bugs reported in the forums as well as some of the bugs we originally had from testing.

Also I only have one test kit that i've been working with. I'll probably have to grab a friends Xbox One to confirm this.

I also voted for Paragon in the 80's poll ;)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
From FlippyFloppy "The leaderboard issue will be fixed in the upcoming release."
Will the Cirqus Voltaire neon bug, Gorgar pop bumpers bug and others be fixed with this new update also?

Confirmed that the neon lamp is not staying lit and changes colors. The menagerie ball is still red however.

Alpha Zombie

Aug 5, 2015
I had this bug happen to me once, about a month ago. I started the game and got the initial welcome screen. I knew something was wrong there and then. I opened up my tables and saw that the goals had reset on every table (I have all four seasons).
At this point I quit the game (without playing anything) and then tried restarting it again. Same thing. I went to the 'system' menu, through dashboard 'settings' and cleared local saved games.
I then restarted the game, it re-synced and all was back to normal. I haven't had the issue since.
I'm wondering if maybe those who have the bug issue all the time played and saved a table while it was running with everything reset, thus making the save bug permanent?

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Hi, Alpha Zombie thanks for the info, --I tried what you said but still no joy. First thing I did was to play the other 2 games I have and both these did a sync to the cloud, the TPA went to welcome screen no sync., and the 2 goals I saved previously gone. I did think about uninstalling the TPA but I don't want to take the risk they disappear.

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
I tried everything and still my local scores aren't saving, very annoying and frustrating, also no access to online leaderboards and my settings aren't saved re the balls and lighting, no fix again this week so that's another week with a game that doesn't work after spending 25 pounds on it or 40 dollars to put that in perspective, not happy

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts