Does anyone out there want to see Jive Time in TPA?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I certainly don't - it's widely despised for good reason; it's a drain-o-matic, with luck playing a much bigger role than score. However, there are apparently people who (for whatever reason) do like it and want to see it in TPA. I'm finding it hard to comprehend why someone could feel that way, so if you're one of those people who do, tell us why.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I certainly don't - it's widely despised for good reason; it's a drain-o-matic, with luck playing a much bigger role than score. However, there are apparently people who (for whatever reason) do like it and want to see it in TPA. I'm finding it hard to comprehend why someone could feel that way, so if you're one of those people who do, tell us why.

Give it to us free as an April Fools day prank, but really that table does not deserve to be paid for. However, if they wish to include a table from that era for historical purposes, I would suggest Baseball by Gottlieb which looks much more interesting with the vari targets and more conventional layout.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I find Jive Time weirdly addictive in PHoF, probably because it's such a chance-dependent drain monster. It always feels like I ought to be able to do better on the next game.

But I'd see little point in releasing it in TPA. There are far better old EM games out there, certainly better ones for introducing larger audiences to old-school pinball (I'd vote for Royal Flush). And I can personally always play Jive Time in PHoF if I really want to.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'd rather have a different old school table just because there was only one in PHOF and it would be nice to see a different one demonstrated in TPA.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I personally want Jive Time in TPA, but I guess I should elaborate on why. Sometimes, I am not in the mood to play a complicated pinball table. On many of the tables, you try to see which lamp is lit to earn points and are constantly changing targets. And if you miss one (especially in Bride of Pinbot), it could drain and screw you over. But with Jive Time, you pretty much make the same shot over and over and hope something good happens. I find it very satisfying. I don't have to think too much, just nudge a lot and launch that son-of-a-***** ball to the top of the table and hope it goes in one of the holes to activate the wheel. And when the wheel actually does give you an awesome reward (like double bonus when the bonus is maxed out) it is very satisfying.

I will say this though. The west gate can go f*** itself.

When I am in the mood for just mindless ball shooting, Jive Time can be a lot of fun. And very addicting. Plus it is the only table where I managed to get as high as the #25 spot on the PS3 high scores list (as of December, I believe). But then again, it could be because I am the only one that plays it enough to get that high of a score.

I guess, overall I would prefer Farsight to stick to as many tables not in the other collections as possible, but it really bothers me that they plan to redo every table in the Williams Collection except for Jive Time. I mean, why pick on Jive Time? It is probably the most unique table in that collection, not to mention the only representation in it of the EM era. And I personally would like to see as much variety in TPA as possible.

And I guess a part of me loves the reaction that I get whenever I bring up Jive Time. It's like I just made a terrible fart in an enclosed elevator. If Farsight had a good sense of humor, they would package it with Twilight Zone in November or The Addams Family if they get the rights to it.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I personally want Jive Time in TPA, but I guess I should elaborate on why. Sometimes, I am not in the mood to play a complicated pinball table. On many of the tables, you try to see which lamp is lit to earn points and are constantly changing targets. And if you miss one (especially in Bride of Pinbot), it could drain and screw you over. But with Jive Time, you pretty much make the same shot over and over and hope something good happens. I find it very satisfying. I don't have to think too much, just nudge a lot and launch that son-of-a-***** ball to the top of the table and hope it goes in one of the holes to activate the wheel. And when the wheel actually does give you an awesome reward (like double bonus when the bonus is maxed out) it is very satisfying.

I will say this though. The west gate can go f*** itself.

When I am in the mood for just mindless ball shooting, Jive Time can be a lot of fun. And very addicting. Plus it is the only table where I managed to get as high as the #25 spot on the PS3 high scores list (as of December, I believe). But then again, it could be because I am the only one that plays it enough to get that high of a score.

I guess, overall I would prefer Farsight to stick to as many tables not in the other collections as possible, but it really bothers me that they plan to redo every table in the Williams Collection except for Jive Time. I mean, why pick on Jive Time? It is probably the most unique table in that collection, not to mention the only representation in it of the EM era. And I personally would like to see as much variety in TPA as possible.

And I guess a part of me loves the reaction that I get whenever I bring up Jive Time. It's like I just made a terrible fart in an enclosed elevator. If Farsight had a good sense of humor, they would package it with Twilight Zone in November or The Addams Family if they get the rights to it.

I want to see Jive Time in there as well, since it can't be that hard to transfer it over.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
If it were to be paid then no one will buy it. Personally I liked Jive Time because it requires a different skill set than most tables do.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
We would play a quick one before shutting off the game. It started out sort of as a joke but we had fun playing it. Short and brutal games for sure. Not the greatest table but I don't quite understand the out and out hatred of it lol.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
In "Jive Time" it's like 20% skill and 80% luck. These were the old times but no reason to stick to them and I guess charging money for such a table would create a big outcry - people want to have fun, not getting frustrated.

It might be a good experiment to create an "old-time" bundle and see how good it sells.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
Well, it is the best selling table of all time. Sold three times as many units as Addams Family.

I think this fact alone should get this table as at the very least a gift to people who have purchased every table available. That might get those people on the fence with buying that last game pack that is missing if they get this game as well while buying that third and final pack.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't have PHOF, so I would definitely buy it. It's good to have some pins that you can play a game or two in less than five minutes. But it looks very dependent on nudging and it would be hell on IOS.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think this fact alone should get this table as at the very least a gift to people who have purchased every table available. That might get those people on the fence with buying that last game pack that is missing if they get this game as well while buying that third and final pack.

Third and final pack? I'm planning on a lot more than three packs!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.