Taxi and Fish Tales

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Look the hidden files on iOS:

kbLG1.jpg

qQpBh.jpg

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I see enough evidence of Taxi, but I'm not seeing Fish Tales. I hope they do FT though - it's an awesome table!

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Wow, great find.

TTales_Enums.csv could just as easily be Tales From the Crypt, no? Licensed, sure, but an older one. Is there anything within that file that's a clearer indication?

I'm psyched either way!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
According to the ipdb, there are only three tables with "tales" in the title:

TOTAN
Tales from the Crypt
Fish Tales

Of course, that Tales file could simply be a TOTAN update also.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I think the reference for Taxi was there since a few releases. You can also see a reference to Harley Davison, when you open the file setup.txt in the App-Folder.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
According to the ipdb, there are only three tables with "tales" in the title:

TOTAN
Tales from the Crypt
Fish Tales

Of course, that Tales file could simply be a TOTAN update also.

I doubt that it is TOTAN due to the fact that if you look at some of the other files you will see that table is labeled as TOTAN.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I poked around the file, and unfortunately it appears to be for TOTAN. Here's what makes me think that:

,[Offset], target3, 107,
,[Offset], metal-parts01, 108,
,[Offset], Metal_Trim2, 109,
,[Offset], Tales_Lamp_Dif, 110,
,[Offset], Genie_Diffuse, 111,

Lamp and Genie mentioned.

Looking further it has:

,[Offset], totan_player1start, 0,
,[Offset], totan_reset, 1,

and

RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_FIREBALL_CATCH, 6603,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_FIREBALL_RAIL, 6604,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_LOCK_MAGNET, 6605,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_CAGE, 6606,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_SKILLHOLE1, 6607,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_SKILLHOLE2, 6608,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_SKILLHOLE3, 6609,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_HAREMSNEAK, 6610,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_LSLINGSHOT, 6611,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_RSLINGSHOT, 6612,,,
RSID_TABLE_11_MECH_CAPTIVE_HIT, 6613,,,

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I see the word Flipper showing up way too many times. It could be there will be a pinball game released about a Dolphin. ;)

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Boo! Hiss!

Ah well. Was nice to dream while it lasted. Guess I'll have to keep leaning on VP for Fish Tales for the time being.

While I think White Water and Fish Tales would make the most appropriate 2-pack thematically, the table design of Taxi and Fish Tales, with the twin center ramps, would mean they would compliment each other nicely.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
As far as i know, the references to Taxi and Harley Davidson where existing before the Monster Bash/Gorgar-Update came out. So i don't think, the references are an indicator, that we will see those tables next...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Harley Davidson came from the making-of video, during the part where they're discussing the art and modeling process. There are 3D models of the motorcycles from the Harley Davidson table shown during the texturing step.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Harley Davidson came from the making-of video, during the part where they're discussing the art and modeling process. There are 3D models of the motorcycles from the Harley Davidson table shown during the texturing step.

True, though it has yet to be officially announced.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
They're definitely doing Harley-Davidson. But it turns out the next pack is Creature from the Black Lagoon + Black Knight.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012

In the same video, you can also see they've got the real table (looks like the 3rd edition) in the studio.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Has Farsight ever mentioned Harley-Davidson as a possibility? All I've seen are wishful statements from fans.

Where did this come from? I highly doubt anyone would say anything about Harley Davidson if it wasn't for that making of video. Farsight has the table on site too. No wishful statements at all.

Members online

Members online