Bug Tired of being a beta tester

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
What's going on? Now it's the new Getaway II game that has a bug... it worked fine at first, but after a few days, I couldn't launch the ball without first pausing the game and then resuming... EVERY TIME... I also think the Shift mechanism doesn't work anymore...this is happening on the Steam for Mac platform... Did Farsight get a new programmer? I've had nothing but trouble with their games lately...

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
ok, this is weird... after reading the question, it got me wondering... maybe I was supposed to press another key... so I pressed a dozen or so different keys... none of them would plunge the ball, but when I went back to the spacebar, the plunge worked perfectly... I played a couple of games, and everything seems to be playing normally... RSchwanter, do you know what that was all about?

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
ok, this is weird... after reading the question, it got me wondering... maybe I was supposed to press another key... so I pressed a dozen or so different keys... none of them would plunge the ball, but when I went back to the spacebar, the plunge worked perfectly... I played a couple of games, and everything seems to be playing normally... RSchwanter, do you know what that was all about?

Honestly, at the moment, I don't know. But I'm looking into it so if you see anything else, let me know.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Well, as long as you're looking...

It would appear that using the shifter (spacebar) toggles the camera mode from 'scrolling' to 'locked' and back again...

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
It seems they have the camera lock key assigned to the same key as the plunger. The Windows version uses the "V" key. Here, it's assigned to the spacebar as well as "both" plungers (Windows version lets you assign manual and "launch" style plungers to different keys. For that matter, the Windows version lets you ASSIGN your own keys. The Mac version won't let you assign anything. After several years of few to no fixes, I wouldn't expect this to change any time soon. I'm amazed there even is a Mac version, really, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.