What ZP2 Table(s) to Get?

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Ive been away from the online pinball scene for a while, and, now that Im back Im looking to add to my collection. Ive already added quite a few of the TPA tables, (about 4-5 short from a full house), but have always enjoyed the different playability and visual effects that ZP2 gives. Can anyone recommend about 5-6 of their newer tables. Cheers all :cool:

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Ive picked up the South Park tables, football, AOU, Venom n Antman. Agreed, the SP tables are pure fun! The voice overs, theme and music take you into the episodes and that just cant be bad! If you like SP, these are great.
A bit miffed by the football/soccer table. The fact that if you want to play as a different team you have to buy another table seems a bit money grabbing. I could understand a small fee, but full price for basically the same table seems a bit much, considering they dont even have the mighty, 'Glasgow Rangers!' Apart from that its a pretty good flowing table and I love the way you score on the mini-playfield.
Liking the Venom table. The different multi-balls, the upper and mini-playfields and the, 'CARNAGE,' round are all fun. The way said Carnage is released is a great visual add and I hope they incorporate this type of scenario into future tables.
Antman is ok. A few play throughs and I was getting a bit bored. Might just be me! The shrinking ball thing is cool, but it didnt quite grab me the way the others have.
Playing Age of Ultron just now and like the prelude feature, (similar to CW). The upper playfield looks a bit cluttered but it flows pretty well and with the animations, different ball skins coming in with whatever character your pinballing, its good.
Played The Walking Dead table on demo and found that a good shot round the right/centre orbit/ramp (canny mind which one!) the ball ended up SDTM. This isnt good for free flow when a pefectly good shot drains a ball. The theme, and ramp set-up looks sound but that one wee thing put me off.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
The South Park tables are really good. My favorite is probably Sorceror's Lair.

:) agreed, "south park" is probably the most "real" table zen's produced yet, it feels like when i play it... i love "butter's" table too, although it's kinda typically arbitrarily super-difficult, super-repetitive, super-short timers as many other zen tables go... made "easy" to flipper-catch and keep a game going for -hours- at a time, yet unsatisfying in that, it takes -hours- to get anywhere! but the "south park" closest makes a real-life table (though it suffers also from some super-stiff timers and some shots).

there's a paradox in that zen's tables seem really "easy" in terms to keep the balls in play, yet super-tuff to hit certain lanes and do it within mode timers... at least, that's what i think; curse of 'em all, all the way up thru the "star wars" tables (which seem the next easiest - i've just never finished a whole "movie," scenes 1-6 on any of them).

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Thats how I feel aswell WhiteChocolate. Easy to keep the ball in play, hard to finish the modes due to timer.

I wish they'd use the standard gap between flippers with less grippy rubber on the flippers and make the timers on the modes more relaxed.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
The recent ones that I WOULDN'T recommend are Doctor Strange, Venom, Age of Ultron, and maybe Deadpool. The rest are quite good.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Speed Machine is giving me fits, hard to top my high score of a paltry 10 mil. Several ricochet drain penalties for missed shots & bad spots hit. Kinda reminds me of High Speed, but not quite as fast, most of the time. Excalibur is also a favorite, along with Castlestorm, & the Star Wars tables are good, Darth Vader being tops for me, though the Star Wars tables don't seem to have quite the natural flow that TPA tables do. It's really hard to beat TPA's T2 & Star Trek Next Gen tables. :)

I don't have that Ghost Rider, curious to see if it is any good. A real table should've been made on this movie title. I guess I'll go ahead & get this one.

I'm curious to see who will get the Mad Max Fury Road pinball machine going, rumor has it Stern might be cooking something up. There's an old Mad Max table, not even in the IPD it's so rare.

Update: Ghost Rider seems pretty good, sometimes the ball is up under some stuff & not visible, which I don't like. Hard to tell where the ball will reappear, & when it will go into "The Pit" (I guess that's what it's called) & that weird backwards flipper on the upper right side (controlled by the left flipper button, mind you) will come into play. If you miss this shot, end of ball bonus points are docked. Center ramp shot unusually difficult, for some reason. Still learning about the gun & what are the different targets it has & what those targets mean points wise.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I haven't bought FX 2 yet on Steam but wow some beautiful art design/graphics on those tables.

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Speed Machine is giving me fits, hard to top my high score of a paltry 10 mil. Several ricochet drain penalties for missed shots & bad spots hit. Kinda reminds me of High Speed, but not quite as fast, most of the time.

Speed Machine? Is this a table im not seeing or a mission on Portal? Sorry, just curious!! Read this and started looking for a table under this name. I have High Speed on TPA and love it. A great free flowing table, great sound and theme. Seen the newer High Speed table on the PAPA gameplay site and hope that TPA add that to the roster.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Speed Machine is giving me fits, hard to top my high score of a paltry 10 mil. Several ricochet drain penalties for missed shots & bad spots hit. Kinda reminds me of High Speed, but not quite as fast, most of the time.

Speed Machine? Is this a table im not seeing or a mission on Portal? Sorry, just curious!! Read this and started looking for a table under this name. I have High Speed on TPA and love it. A great free flowing table, great sound and theme. Seen the newer High Speed table on the PAPA gameplay site and hope that TPA add that to the roster.

Yes, I think it is part of a package called Zen Classics, will check next time I fire up Pinball FX2 on the 360 & get back to ya about it. :)

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Not sure this is allowed, mods delete if is not:

Code:
http://www.pinballfx.com/press/table_guides/Speed_Machine_Table_Guide_By_ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

Speed Machine is only available on the Xbox 360 version. Personally, it reminds me not of High Speed, but a mirrored version of White Water if all the enjoyable features were taken out and replaced with forgettable, bland ones. Easily one of the worst tables in the game next to the others in the Pinball FX Classics pack.

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Speed Machine is only available on the Xbox 360 version. Personally, it reminds me not of High Speed, but a mirrored version of White Water if all the enjoyable features were taken out and replaced with forgettable, bland ones. Easily one of the worst tables in the game next to the others in the Pinball FX Classics pack.

Thanks, found the table guides on the Zen website and see there are a few we dont get on PS3. Not to worry, plenty there to keep me flailing! :cool:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

To be honest, all the original Pinball FX tables aren't really worth it. Zen were still learning the ropes back then, plus many of them are just rip-offs of real, much better tables such as BK2000 and WH2O. Zen have never moved them to other platforms for good reason. Even the Core Zen Pinball and PFX2 packs are starting to look dated now.

Not sure this is allowed, mods delete if is not:

Code:
http://www.pinballfx.com/press/table_guides/Speed_Machine_Table_Guide_By_ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Of course posting an official resource is fine!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
To be honest, all the original Pinball FX tables aren't really worth it. Zen were still learning the ropes back then, plus many of them are just rip-offs of real, much better tables such as BK2000 and WH2O. Zen have never moved them to other platforms for good reason. Even the Core Zen Pinball and PFX2 packs are starting to look dated now.

Of course posting an official resource is fine!

That's weird. IMO I think the Pinball FX2 Core Pack still holds up today and it can match the quality of the modern tables. The Zen Classics pack is completely horrendous, however, and it also has ripoffs of much better tables (Tesla = Shadow, El Dorado = Congo, V12 = Road Show)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
That's weird. IMO I think the Pinball FX2 Core Pack still holds up today and it can match the quality of the modern tables. The Zen Classics pack is completely horrendous, however, and it also has ripoffs of much better tables (Tesla = Shadow, El Dorado = Congo, V12 = Road Show)

To be honest, there's only a few tables from before maybe the second Marvel pack that I go back to play regularly. I loved them when they came out, but the tables have got so much more sophisticated that it's quite jarring to go back in time like that.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts