How many pinball machines do you own?

How many pinball machines do you own, right now?

• Total voters

invitro

May 4, 2012
A demographic survey...
How many pinball machines do you own, right now? If you do own some, maybe list them here?

(I looked and didn't see this poll in this forum.)

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
This is what I own at the moment: Not all of them up and running. Some of them not even produced yet.

01. Paragon (up and working in my apartment. In good shape but I have a new playfield on order from CPR coming next year. Such a nice title that needs special treatment so I will probably apply new stencils also next year
02. Joker Poker (Up and running at my club house. Good shape)
03. High Speed (up and running at my club house. Good condition but it has a horrible homemade clearcoat job on it)
04. Flash Gordon (In restoration in France. Soon finished with new stencils, new playfield from CPR, etc. If i do not get screwed by the seller, that is)
05. Fathom (In restoration. Soon finished with new stencils, new playfield from cpr, new plastics, all new cards, leds, etc)
06. Centaur(In Restoration). Half way finished. Same things that Fathom and Flash Gordon is getting)
07. Eight ball Deluxe (first version) (just bought it a week ago. Will have it in a couple of weeks. Mylared playfield in ok condition. Been looking for this one for a long time)
08. World Poker Tour (up and working in my apartment. General good condition but a few small problems with droptarget optos)
09. Addams Family Gold (up and working in my apartment. Great condition with color dmd and new repro ramps)
10. Spiderman (up and running at my club house. Ok condition but it has been operator used so it really needs a good cleaning
11. Banzai Run (In restauration. Playfield has mylar on and looks good under it so I am pondering if I should dare to try and remove it. Needs a good shopping job before I can take it home)
12. LOTR (Up and working at my club house. This one is modded a lot. Brand new playfield with extra layers of clearcoat, gold side mirrors, color dmd, potd mod, crystal ball mod, new speakers, backbox interactive leds
13. White Water (In restoration at my club house. Have a new playfield and all new ramps and targets + decals waiting. Probably a while before it will be finished. So many other games)
14. Mousin' around (up and working at my clubhouse. Good condition. Playfield is mylared)
15. Bride of Pin-Bot (with bop 2.0 on order) (Up and working at my club house. Will take it home the second I get bop 2.0 from dutch pinball in the mail. It has a few small cracks in the playfield and on the helmet. Still good)
16. Mustang Pro (Up and working at my apartment) Operator used but in good cond. Got it for a good price. Great rules but it feels like no other new Stern. The flippers are angled steeper and it has a huge center gap
17. Ac/Dc Premium (up and working at my apartment. Lots of mods on this one. Side mirrors, Custom translite with interactive leds, total rock concert mod, New metal apron with lights, new lightning bolts, etc)
18. Full Throttle (will be at my apartment in a couple of weeks. Being sent this week from Wales)
19. The Hobbit Le (hopefully ready for delivery later this year but I will still count myself lucky if I have it before next year)
20. The Big Lebowski (I am nr 131 out of somewhere between 2-300 pre-orders. I was in, then I was out, now I am in again. It has been a strange ride but probably the game I am most looking forward to at the moment)
21. Alien playfield add-on (this looks so damn promising but who knows when it will be finished. There has been a lot of delays with Full Throttle and a big license doesn't make it any easier for Heighway)
22. Revenge From Mars (not so great condition but it is working and placed in my cabin far away so I do not get the chance to see it very often. Maybe that is for the best)
23. Future Spa (Waiting for restoration at my club house). This one needs a little bit of love before it can join the rest of the family
(24. Pinball Magic. Sold this one but it is still up and playing in my apartment until the buyer have room for it)
25. 42" Virtua Pin. Cheating a bit having this on the list but it is just to cool to not mention :D I only play visual pinball 9.9 on it at the moment, but boy have I spent a lot of quality time importing ca 540 pinball tables with d2bs backglasses and div preview images for playfields, backglass and wheels on it. Love it deeply and with a passion :D

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
First you travel to New York. Then, you just keep walking eastward. You'll find them sooner or later ;)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I don't think anyone's going to beat Karl on here. :)

I've owned ten over the past nine years and am currently down to three.

Owned in the past
1991 Williams Terminator 2
1985 Williams Sorcerer
1980 Williams Firepower
1972 Gottlieb King Rock
1977 Williams Liberty Bell
1951 Genco Hits and Runs
1969 Gottlieb Target Pool

Currently own:
1992 Williams Getaway (shopped and in my game room)
1974 Gottlieb Top Card (just started on it)
1958 Gottlieb Sunshine (sitting and waiting)

I mostly got into EM's because, well, they're cheaper and I really like working on them more than solid state games. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have a Metallica but I just don't have the income to justify that kind of purchase. I've got a mortgage and a wife that would seek revenge if I shelled out that kind of cash for a piece of commercial amusement. ;) I'm one of those guys that just likes to bat a ball around for a little bit. Also, one of those guys who likes to fix games more than play them. Got a couple EM's and my favorite Ritchie game (HSII). Just would like to add my grail game, a 1981 Bally Centaur, and I'd be complete. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
I don't think anyone's going to beat Karl on here. :)
Probably, but there could be some operators on this forum. I guess the unlikelihood is that someone who has the ability to play so many great-condition pins, let alone OWN them, might not have much reason to play TPA. :)

I mostly got into EM's because, well, they're cheaper
May I ask where you buy them? Auctions, ebay, something else? (I used to go to lots of auctions, but they had very few EM's.)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The first two, King Rock and Liberty Bell were payment for shopping a Williams Aztec. Trust me, they were filthy (20+ years in a barn) and I spent many, many hours cleaning each piece of metal. The Hits and Runs my dad picked up from a local antique shop that just happened to have one. The Target Pool I bought from a friend's wife's uncle who had it in his basement for long time. The Top Card I did buy off ebay from a local seller. And, the Sunshine is a David Silverman "leftover" from that huge auction at Morphy's in which he liquidated the Baltimore Pinball Museum's collection. It, along with about 20 other parts machines, were bought by a guy from Europe that wasn't able to get them home. So, he left them. A friend of a friend led me to seeing them in his garage. The Sunshine was, with the exception of the backglass and legs, complete and in pretty nice shape. I picked it up for a LOW price. When you factor in I'll have to spend $300.00 for a repro back glass, it's still worth it.

You can try craigslist or, if you're lucky, local shows. Unless it's a really popular title it's hard to get much more than $500.00 for a shopped EM in decent shape.

I live in PA so I go to the Allentown Show (Pinfest) every year and the York Show (Whiterose Gameroom Show) sometimes. Not this year though. Once in a while you can find some good deals at pinball shows, especially in the flea market if you want a project. Auctions, though, are usually a joke. Prices, typically, go too high. Especially when you factor in the buyer's premium.

Last edited:

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
We've got two at the moment.

No Good Gofers - Dad bought it many years ago and it's not going anywhere
Star Trek (Pro) - the new stern Star Trek, was a present for my 18th birthday Last year :D

karl

May 10, 2012
I added some more details in my original post for you, Heretic.

Just in case you decide to rob me, I would recommend you wait for a few games to be restored first ;)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
None for me and probably never will. Doubt I could keep them up and running. I'm about as handy as a dead manatee.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts