Official - Creature from the Black Lagoon & Black Knight Are Next Tables

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
Creature from the Black Lagoon & Black Knight Are Next Tables

From Faceboook:

We just got word that Table Pack 3 (Monster Bash and Gorgar) is now available on Amazon for Android and Kindle Fire. Enjoy!

Also, we’re excited to announce that the new July tables for the Pinball Arcade will be Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight!

Creature from the Black Lagoon was designed by John Trudeau (a.k.a. “Dr. Flash”) and released by Midway under the Bally brand in 1992. It combines the excitement of Universal’s classic monster flick with the fun of a drive-in movie date, and features a holographic “creature” set in the middle of the playfield that lights up and waves its hand back and forth during multiball play. This table is currently #17 on Pinside’s list of the top tables of all time!

Black Knight is a Steve Richie-designed table released by Williams in 1980. This classic table featured the first-ever two-level playfield, and also the first use of “Magna-Save” (a patented feature in which a player-controlled magnet is used to prevent outlane drains). It’s a true classic!

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Very happy about this. Pin Wiz was 50% right. Right on table pack. Wrong on release date. No complaints here though.

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
I recently played Creature from the Black Lagoon (the actual table not the PBA version) for the first time. It's awesome sauce! I cannot wait to have this table available through TPA.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Very happy about this. Pin Wiz was 50% right. Right on table pack. Wrong on release date. No complaints here though.

Hopefully that means we'll get the Elvira tables in October now. If that's the case, then I'll gladly accept being wrong. :)

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
I'm really looking forward to CftBL. BK is cool too. I think going forward they will probably continue to pack one DMD & one older table together as a package so they don't blow through all the top DMD machines too quickly, and that's fine by me.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Very happy. I played Creature for the first time just a few months ago but the machine was beat to hell. The flippers were so weak you couldn't get the ball to the upper playfield. Can't wait!

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Can't wait to play these new tables! I'm pretty sure farsight never wants me to sleep again because i can't put this game down. Truly the best pinball simulator that's out there.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This is awesome news! Creature is awesome on VP (never played in IRL), and, while I didn't much like BK on PHOF, a lot of others did. With TPAs superior physics, I might enjoy it more.
I wonder, though, whether or not they had to change the licensed music on Creature.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Hopefully that means we'll get the Elvira tables in October now. If that's the case, then I'll gladly accept being wrong. :)

Who says we're getting the Elvira tables? It would be awesome, as Scared Stiff is one of my all time favorites, and Elvira and the Party Monsters was one of the best tables of its time (circa 1990), but I haven't heard anything on this.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Who says we're getting the Elvira tables? It would be awesome, as Scared Stiff is one of my all time favorites, and Elvira and the Party Monsters was one of the best tables of its time (circa 1990), but I haven't heard anything on this.

There's a lot of things "we" haven't heard about... ;)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Elvira , aka Cassandra Peterson is really a voluptuous red-head , very stunning in her day , I would love to have a pinball table dedicated to her . meanwhile the news of the Creature From the Black Lagoon table also makes me celebrate, it was my favorite Universial studios monster after Lugosi's Dracula , and I hear great things about Black Knight.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts