Request PS3 ToM suggestions & fixes thread @farsight

Asure

Jun 29, 2012
I've owned several pins over the years, and one of my favorites was ToM that held its spot in our home for two years. Replaced it with a TZ, which i later sold. Yes, i'll regret that forever, but that's not the reason for this thread :)

I'm posting a list of 'bugs' aka improvements that i run into as i play ToM on my PS3. (It's not a real Pinball machine, but it's damn close and takes up much less space untill i retire and re-buy real machines..)

Note: I'm being a nitpick here. Compliments to Farsight for a game that's already really great as-is. This is just my home-use experience compared to the simulated version on PS3. Hope you can use my comments to make the game even better.

Sounds
1. Ball dropping on the right inlane after launching it, or left inlane after loop.
On my ToM, the right &left inlane ball-drop area was covered with an extra plastic round sticker on top of the diamond plate.. The ball drops hard here. So hard, that it bounces a little, yet there's a generic sound effect in place. And yes, there was a little damage from ball drop on that spot as well.

Edit: You can hear this sound @0:18 in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjgmF1zRLJsvideo[/url]

Someone from Farsight could check out the 'bounce drop' sound on that real ToM they have in the game room...perhaps re-record it?

2. Ball dropping into trunk (hidden lock) and front shot to trunk
This should be 'metal dropping onto metal and bouncing 2-4 times' and not the 'tick' sound that it is now. This sound is such a big part of the real game, please sample & replace the 'tock' we got now..
P.s. you could use it for TZ as well, the piano shot sounds really similar ;)
(On a real machine, the ball drops on a metal part below the trunk, not a plastic part as it sounds now.)

Edit: You can hear this sound @0:41 in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjgmF1zRLJsvideo[/url]

3. Ball grinding on rails
Metal-on-metal should sound different than it does now.

Physics/switches etc.
1. Tiger saw's 'saw blade buzz' switch activates too soon.
It should be more towards the back, the switch that triggers the sound is not 'tied to the ball' on a real machine. Only 'full on' shots (that roll the ball back) register the sound on real machines.. But the ball must be rolled completely backwards to register a tiger saw hit. On the PS3 if the ball moves just a little _near_ the captive ball, the sound triggers. (Functionality is good, the back switch is ok, just the sound triggers too soon.)

2. Magna save..
Broken in < previous update, but already fixed. (A constant area of adjustment on my ToM..)
(Similar tech is in the trunk shot detection, but this seems to work as intended and registers shots correctly.)

3. Table angle
Adjusted since previous update it seems? The current angle is perfect, it allows me to abuse the 'clock forward' in the right loop and score 2 hrs advance sometimes, just like on a real machine :)

4. Flipper lag
I'm on a European PS3, in Europe, bought the game on my USA account.. Perhaps other people with USA ps3's don't have it as bad as EU users?

5. Right ramp 'ball teleport'!
Repeatedly shooting fast balls on the right ramp sometimes causes them to teleport into the following areas
- Jet bumpers (saw this two times already)
- Into the spinner area around the trunk. (can duplicate this each round, i shoot a lot of balls there..)

6. Ball passing trough a flipper
Saw it around 2-3 times, really ugly when this happens on a good game!!

Graphics/Video
1. Option to select night/day lighting for dark/bright emulated room would be really welcome!

2. What's with the 'green edges'?
I see some around the tiger saw, and when the trunk opening is rotated in front, during 'atract mode' camera fly over, but also in-game.. Looks like an error in the 3d model?
Update: Confirming what Jim says, they are also present in the outlanes!

That's it so far. Note i've only played for a few days but will be putting in a lot more time this weekend :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.