With Stern Pinball Arcade coming soon how many seasons of TPA do you foresee?

With Stern Pinball Arcade coming soon how many seasons of TPA do you see foresee?

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 8 16.0%

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 8 or more

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Not a lot of public information to this point but what does your gut tell you?

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I voted "I have no idea." I don't think the Stern Pinball Arcade will have a huge effect on how long TPA will last. The question is when Farsight runs out of the popular tables and does more obscure ones, will they still sell well enough to renew the WMS license once again? Will they start exclusively doing EMs in TPA so that it isn't competing with SPA (Stern Pinball Arcade. I guess we can use that acronym now). I have no idea what the answer to these questions are, hence my vote.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Still think we still have atleast 2 more seasons after this one.
If only we had a crystal ball eh

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Still think we still have atleast 2 more seasons after this one.
If only we had a crystal ball eh

Yeah considering Bobby projected two more seasons only a couple of months ago and certainly the deal with Stern has been in the works for awhile.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I think we're going to see about 10 seasons, their's still a lot of games TPA can make. Their working on getting the Capcom liscence, their's still a lot of System 11 games, we still have some good Gottlieb and Gottlieb/Premier games to come, plus easy liscenceing tables to get from Bally/Williams, And Gottlieb. Maybe Stern will help them get Data East and Sega liscenceing on regular TPA, so think positive, also they can make a few EM's now for you EM folks out their.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I think we're going to see about 10 seasons, their's still a lot of games TPA can make. Their working on getting the Capcom liscence, their's still a lot of System 11 games, we still have some good Gottlieb and Gottlieb/Premier games to come, plus easy liscenceing tables to get from Bally/Williams, And Gottlieb. Maybe Stern will help them get Data East and Sega liscenceing on regular TPA, so think positive, also they can make a few EM's now for you EM folks out their.

I like your optimism. :D

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I don't see the Stern deal having much, if any, affect. Any games they'd be releasing for TPA would have been older and the licensing issues would plague them greatly. It's not like Stern is putting out games every month and even though '15 has been the most productive year in a while, they've still only released 4 new titles and probably won't have another one until '16. So TPA might get stretched out where it takes 12 months to make 10 games or something but with all the great WMS titles, a few Gottliebs, and possibly Capcoms, they still have a solid 3-5 more seasons that could be doable as long as they sell.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I don't see the Stern deal having much, if any, affect. Any games they'd be releasing for TPA would have been older and the licensing issues would plague them greatly. It's not like Stern is putting out games every month and even though '15 has been the most productive year in a while, they've still only released 4 new titles and probably won't have another one until '16. So TPA might get stretched out where it takes 12 months to make 10 games or something but with all the great WMS titles, a few Gottliebs, and possibly Capcoms, they still have a solid 3-5 more seasons that could be doable as long as they sell.

As long as they sell and make a profit and able to pay their employees that is the key.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think they already have the Capcom license; I think what they needed to work on was emulating the Capcom ROM's. But I'd guess they're gonna stop that work now and work on SAM and/or Spike.

I've heard in the past that capcom license falls under wms licensing. Not sure exactly how that worked but that's apparently the deal.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
100 tables ,that would be great !!!! plus Stern app on top of that ,what else could one want ? when I first started I never thought in my wildest dreams we would get this far !!!! to me every table after the 20 th has has been bonus after bonus !!! you could say I`m bloody over the moon !!! :cool:

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
100 tables ,that would be great !!!! plus Stern app on top of that ,what else could one want ? when I first started I never thought in my wildest dreams we would get this far !!!! to me every table after the 20 th has has been bonus after bonus !!! you could say I`m bloody over the moon !!! :cool:

:D - The pinnacle result of oneself finding this game's existence. It's like a constant high on life kinda feeling month after month.

I can't wait to hear what FS has to say. It's a very interesting business strategy. They both need the publicity.

FS with more Stern tables and Stern/FS with more cash-flow. I think FS benefits this more, even though it's Stern who's getting their own app.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I voted 7, but I offcourse hope for more. I think 6 will certainly be done. There's a lot of speculation on how a Stern-app will detract from TPA. You could also make the case that both will benefit from each other. The Stern app will get us as TPA-fans because we know it's a proven product, and judging by reactions on this forum, we are more very much prepared to throw our money at it. TPA may get more exposure because of the Stern app and that may lure new people, especially if they see that they can have 50+ new tables instantly. Also, if the Stern app generates more income for Farsight, maybe some of those resources could be funneled to TPA. If the deal with Stern helps with licenses in some way or other, TPA can stay longer in the game because they can release tables that would'nt have been possible otherwise. I know there are a lot of uncertainties and things may turn out quite differently, but I like to hope that I'm correct in this :)

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I voted 8 seasons or more and here is my reasoning after gut feeling and remembering what I've read and heard:

1. People are still clamoring for lots of tables and there are more good tables still to do in all segments (EM's, SS etc.)
2. Bobby seems positive about it.
3. Correct me if I'm wrong but seems like sales are going strong - for this niche market.
4. The engine is getting polish and slowly reaching goals - I hope we fairly soon will see ball spin :)
5. Pinball in general is on the way up; still an extreme niche hobby. As a sport I feel I can get intouch with top players, I don't feel I could do that in any other sport off the top of my head.

STERN app/PC game I think will focus on recent releases and might actually not come to that many tables. It might even sell for 20-30$ per table, as single standalone apps/games.

6. And a bit of wishful thinking :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
20-30 dollars for one table? That would not be a good pricepoint. On mobile you better not go beyond 9.99....

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
20-30 dollars for one table? That would not be a good pricepoint. On mobile you better not go beyond 9.99....
yeah, probably not. My reasoning was thinking of the PC side of things - even though I don't think anyone would call a Stern digital table an AAA game the standalone game price is 10 for a cheap game, 20-30 for a middle game and 50+ for a big game.
That is my gut feeling but I hope I'm wrong :cool:

invitro

May 4, 2012
yeah, probably not. My reasoning was thinking of the PC side of things - even though I don't think anyone would call a Stern digital table an AAA game the standalone game price is 10 for a cheap game, 20-30 for a middle game and 50+ for a big game.
That is my gut feeling but I hope I'm wrong :cool:
A table is DLC and probably should be compared to other DLC, rather complete games :).

I'd pay more for a high-rated >2002 Stern table that I've never played, but I'm not a typical TPA customer. I'm curious if typical customers would pay more for a Stern table than the great Williams/Bally tables we've (primarily) been getting since Season 3 started. Or if typical TPA customers are like typical pinball machine customers in that license and price are pretty much all that matters. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.