ideas for using Camera mod with DMD monitor *experimentation*

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
so i know a lot of people have a 3 monitor setup. For those that have a pc monitor for the DMD I was thinking of a way to shift the screen from the bottom of the monitor so the dmd part of the game window thats stretched to screen 2 aligns within the cutout for the DMD monitor in the Cabinet.

Within the nvidia control panel you can go to the change resolution section and then click the customize button below the resolution selection.
Within this menu you can create a new custom resolution based off of the default timing.
I created one 1600x600

q1fAL8X.png

then go to the adjust desktop size and position
make sure the settings are on aspect ratio
perform scaling on gpu
override scaling of games is checked
and pick 1600x600 from the preview and apply.

5aoyuUD.png

then go back to the change resolution and you should see it under custom..pick it click apply.
you should end up with a window thats 600 pixels squished and the start of the game window at the bottom is closer to the center.

now when i launch tpa this is what the game window looks like.

EBPMBx1.jpg

its possible that a new backglass overlay that is 1600 wide by 1800 high would stretch to a third monitor like L33 has if they are all vertically stacked in the nvida setup multiple displays settings.

but if not the backglass overlay can be edited to just the bottom 600 pixels and you can use pinballX to display a custom background image on the backglass monitor in the interim

As well a custom resolution of 1600x300 is possible to move the dmd even closer to center.

welp thats my idea for 3 monitor setup..i think its got promise but I can't see how a PinDMD is gonna work without a patch from farsight

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I managed to have another play around with the 3 monitor setup and at one point I managed to get everything perfect...kind of. I was able to run the play field as normal, then along similar lines to yours above, I was able to get the dmd perfect on the second monitor. But after a lot of messing about i somehow undid everything at the press of one button and forgot how Id done it! :) Hopefully the noex moveable dmd will make things a lot easier so I'll wait for now as the whole thing was beginning to stress me out...really helps knowing a thing or two about computers...and Im not really that clued up. :) But for those few seconds that it did work, it actually felt like a real pinball machine. Its amazing how much different things are when everything's working in unison.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts