BlahCade presents: The Zen Bookclub

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If you've listened to BlahCade 26, you'll know that BlahCade is starting something new. Each month Chris, Jared, and Kay will pick a Zen table they are going to focus on. Midway through, they'll swap with each other and share tips and tricks they've learned, if any at all. This will be the only thread relating to it, as there is no tournament or anything related to it like TotW. This is simply something fun for the podcast to do, but listeners are more than welcome to join in.

If you would like to friend us on Steam or Android (in Jared's case), you can then stomp our scores into dust!

This month our picks are Super League Football (Chris), Ghost Rider (Jared), and Fantastic Four (Kay).

As a podcast that mostly talks about digital pinball, it makes sense to focus on Zen too. This is us dipping our toes into the water. It's not a Zen vs TPA thing, a physics engine discussion, or anything of that matter. It is a way of having fun with the 50+ tables Zen has available. If you plan on posting in this thread, please keep the topic on track relating to whatever tables the BlahCade is currently featuring.

Thanks, and welcome to the Zen Book Club!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Super League Football is the reason I started playing Zen a bit more. It was the table I decided to take as one to focus on, rather than playing random tables all the time and never really understanding any of them. It's a shame they didn't bring in a german team for that table. But then again, which team would it be anyway? Bayern München of course, so why would I care?

I also played a bit of Ghost Rider, but I don't get really good scores on this one. Fantastic Four? I have this table in my collection, but I don't think I played it more than 5 times ever.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
great idea, I love all digital pinball games and i think tho jarring to jump between systems..once you play zens' for a bit and acdept its a videogame and adapt your timing to their system..they are great fun.

football is a fabulous game except the couple goofy mulitballs that just waste time between periods..besides that its one of my favorites.
I struggle to make the baxter building shot on FF is all i can recall about Fantastic Four, and find GhostRider is an enigma i just dont get that table.
Gonna give these a good go and see If I can't find their rhythm.

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
I have all except for the last 2 or 3 Zen tables released on WiiU. Unfortunatley Super League Football never made it to that platform, so I'm a non-starter there. Since TPA is the new shiny for me, I haven't dipped back into the Zen pool recently, but this might be as good a reason as any to do so.

If anyone else is on WiiU, I'd be happy to friend-up to get some healthy competition going.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
- Super League Football: Multiball all day. Tons of points if you know how to make those Jackpot and Super Jackpot shots. Other features aren't worth it at all.

- Ghost Rider: Personally, my strategy is to play through the modes (they don't have to be completed, just started) as a primary objective, and maybe play a 3-ball Multiball along the way. This is a long playing table so I don't have much to say.

- Fantastic Four: Modes are priority here as well, but there's a cool trick you may want to do with the 40x target scoring from Human Torch: as soon as the mode ends start any of the Multiballs to score some huge points. Also, Multiballs can be stacked here, so take advantage of that.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think this month for Zen Bookclub I'll be playing the obvious, both of the new Star Wars tables. Just putting that out there!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts