Mac - Request Mac Feature Wishlist

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
While certain issues related to performance are being addressed, I was wondering what other features we might like to see implemented in the Mac version of TPA.

Please note that 1) I have little to no experience with other platform versions of TPA, and so some of my feature wishlist items may already be available on other platforms. 2) Items presented on this list may not be Mac-specific. 3) This is not a "Table Wishlist" (there are plenty of other threads about that).

Having said that, this is my wishlist for features in (at least) the Mac version of TPA (in no particular order)

- Key Mapping

- A selection/control interface that does not assume a touch-based OS

- Better camera control (I'd love to tell TPA how tall I am, and get a perspective from that angle)

- Optional control over the release of the plunger

- Optional side by side view of the backglass/playfield during gameplay (for those of us with wider monitors)

- PDF Operator Manuals for Pro versions of the tables

- Interactive tours of the tables, featuring pop-up explanations of various targets, lanes, and whatnot, including direct ball control with the mouse

- Optionally allow for a set number of credits per session, allowing for "continue" functions to be used (where applicable). This gives more meaning to a "Match", or "Special". When credits are used up, you must either quit and restart TPA, or press a key to add more credits

- I've seen some amazing mods of existing tables at trade shows/expos (color DMDs, altered gameplay, new sounds/voices) it would be very cool if some of these mods could find their way into TPA...

Anyone else?

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
You can find the PDF real world pinball manuals for these tables here (http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals/manuals_pinball.php ) among other places. The "Pro" menus are just the standard operator menus on the real machines.

I'd like to see DX11 style lighting implemented with the new Metal API of OS X El Capitan and the PC medium "regular" lighting available for it regardless. The Mac lighting is way too bright. I don't play pinball outside. Key mapping would be helpful as well.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Sorry if I repeated any

the obvious slowdown issue. I also noticed window mode is REALLY bad at slowdowns (not sure if that was brought up)
scale the DMD for higher rez screens
set view angle to same height across all tables, preferably an adult height, not a 7 year old with his chin on the glass
click Pinball Arcade logo to play random table on main page
allow different nudges (iOS has 5, OSX has 2?)
user definable keys

Honestly not holding my breath on anything, if the mac person turnover is pretty bad
Sounds like we're just lucky to be getting new tables
Perhaps if the others at Farsight would share some Beaver Nuggets with the new guy, they might feel special and become part of the team
Then they can come on here and tell each and everyone of us to just STFU and deliver us a solid version for OSX

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.