Frankenstein Backglass

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
@ Robert Misner.
Thanks for backglass.Where can I find the camera setup file for MS Frankenstein?.I have no clue on how to set it up.

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
I realy love the moveable DMD, great work guys!!
Big THANX :eek:

@ Robert Misner.
Thanks for backglass.Where can I find the camera setup file for MS Frankenstein?.I have no clue on how to set it up.

I also need the camera file for Frankenstein :p

Cheers

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Do you still do the transparency cut out stuff? = 2 screen setup?
Sorry, no cab or computer to check here for a few days (hospital)

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
Nice, cam file works perfect
The dmd in frankenstein disapears as soon as i start the game:

IMG_20151024_160800.jpg

IMG_20151024_160812.jpg

DMD ontop is on in the config

I use the 3 screen setup on 2 screens, so the cutout part is not needed annymore (works great on all the tables i tested so far)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
i've stopped doing the transparency's since the dmd and alpha's can sit on top even in 2screen mode
but i'm thinking of bringing them back since they allow for better display for the odd shaped alpha scores like on diner and xenon for example.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
try using the mod button to bring the dmd to the forefront

edit: redownloaded latest version of mod fixed my own crashing issue LOL

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Ah OK. Thanks for the info and great work. I'm more the hardware guy. So if you ever need help building a cab :)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Ah OK. Thanks for the info and great work. I'm more the hardware guy. So if you ever need help building a cab :)

I'm a computer hardware guy but woodshop..damn my bane I might buy a precut cabinet from zebboards and go from there..then i just need the hardware and stuff I can do as I go and its canadian so i don't have to worry about customs or duty
img-20140123-01448-640x480.jpg

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
mpad heres a printscreen cap from in game now using 2 screen setup.
You can see now I can have my monitors side by side and just scale the dmd to sit on top of the backglass image.
Gives a really good large DMD view this way for this table.
I'm experimenting with the hybrid table view to be a FOV 3 and more angled..the top down view is the same as rest but I might be tempted to do more like this it feels abit more natural looking down the table. Tho you lose the ability to see the ball at the bottom this way. always compromises :)
tul0ER4.jpg

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Looks nice. The overlay is good enough for me.
I have real DMD in my cab which I really enjoy with VP and unit3D pinball. So for TPA this will do once I finish my backglass display.

And yes, if you got the resources definitely go for that pre cut cab. Zebs stuff is legendary, so I doubt you can't do anything wrong with that.

Pinballer

Jun 27, 2012
Any chance of a noobs step by step

That did the trick, thanx again :cool:

I'm getting the exact same problem, the display is fine till I hit the start button and then it goes into zoom mode. This is the only table that does this BTW

Not quite getting the gist of (clicking the mod button) I would be greatful if you could expand the explanation with a little more detail if poss

Thanks in advance 👍

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
Ok I did it....

... added the 3rd monitor!! :D

IMG_20151024_WA0004.jpg

IMG_20151024_WA0008.jpg

I placed a 14" 4:3 monitor and coverd most of the monitor with wood (still needs paint)
Only need to put the speakers back in and a frame arround the "dmd" (tomorrow)

What a difference it makes having the dmd lower!
Now it feels even more like the real thing.

Again thanx!, "sir thanx allot" :cool:

Last edited:

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
@ Robert Misner
Now that we have a movable DMD for TPA I am able to use a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 for the backglass.Which looks great.Covers the whole screen.I am very happy.
But As far as Pinball FX2 goes.The backglasses that you made up at 1600 x 1200 are all cropped and look bad.I can't seem to get them to look right with the in game cabinet settings.
Is it a lot of work to convert them to 1280 x 1024?.All of them including the new "balls of glory pack".So they can run on the same cabinet as TPA.I will send beer money.I just figured that out with the #pad 0.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts