BlahCade 28: If it Walks Like a Duck, It's Pinball

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Download/Stream/RSS

iTunes

Blab.im

Chris and Jared start off this episode talking about TotW and TotM, then it evolves into a free flowing episode about table design, new zen tables, Season 5 table leaks, and other varied topics.

Stay tuned later in the week for the BlahCade Backroom. But first, on with the show.

Segments

• Intro
  • Greetings and Salutations - 0:45 min
  • TotW - 3:00 min
  • TotM - 3:40 min
  • Table Designer Mind Fracking - 6:55 min
  • It's Not Pinball But A Video Game - 8:55 min
  • New Zen Tables - 9:45 min
  • Not Pinball But Video Game Redux - 12:45 mins
  • Zen Book Club - 15:20
  • Alleged Leaked Season 5 Tables - 18:00
  • Kay Joins the Leaked Chat - 20:50
  • Leaks, or Deliberate Tactic - 25:00
  • Tech Talk on New UI - 29:00
  • SPIKE Emulation Device Support Speculation - 33:35
  • TShirts - 38:00
  • Sponsors and Outro - 41:00

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I tried uploading the latest podcast and it comes up *malicious web site blocked*

shoutengine.com blocked

Don't know why this would come up in itunes...........

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
So the two of you guy Chris, and Jared, don't think the Stern Pinball Arcade App won't work on an iPad 3. To bad I really want Stern on the go, when I get bored in the car when I'm not driving, I always play The Pinball Arcade.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So the two of you guy Chris, and Jared, don't think the Stern Pinball Arcade App won't work on an iPad 3. To bad I really want Stern on the go, when I get bored in the car when I'm not driving, I always play The Pinball Arcade.

It's more an observation based on hardware requirements and emulation overheads. And that is only based on what I know based on extensive beta testing of the existing app and framework. And for the record, I Am Not A Developer (IANAD) so could totally be talking out of my arse.

The thing that you need to remember here is that FarSight need to draw that line in the sand so they don't get the same issue they currently have now with supporting old OS versions and devices that really shouldn't be supported. Make a hard stand against hardware and software for the benefit of the platform.

Users who know the system requirements can decide whether they are committed enough to upgrade their technology to meet app requirements.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.