Do you rant when playing TPA?

Do you rant/swear when playing TPA?

• Total voters

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
You know...

- When a ball slowly drains in an outlane, although you nudge like hell.

- When just after the launch, going out of the bumpers, the ball goes SDTM at the speed of light, or in an outlane. And this, twice in a row.

- When you finally succeed to start a bloody long multiball to trigger, and all the balls drain almost instantly in a very unfair, unlucky and unlikely way.

- When you played a very good first ball, and all the following balls are the crappiest balls you ever played.

- When you're close to blow up your hisghscore (or you blew it), and the table stays idle because of a bug. And you want to kill the attendant.

- Non-exhaustive list.

EDIT:

* rehtroboi40 contribution:

- When after dozen of hours trying to complete a hard goal, and when you finally achieve it, the goal is f***in' not registered.

$%28KGrHqJ,!roFE2OVGU6kBRjRlwb%29mg~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yup. I'm a screamer. Espescially starting multiball, to no hit a single jackpot and see all balls drain at the same time. Usually with BSD. And of coarse it's 1 shot away from starting all 3 multiballs. But if my neighbors haven't called 911 yet, it must not be that bad. They must be used to the uncontrollable laughing, and instant sobbing. God bless thier hearts.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I would launch into many a profanity-laden tirade when trying to complete Champion Pub's Ultimate Challenge.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
You know...

- When a ball slowly drains in an outlane, although you nudge like hell.

- When just after the launch, going out of the bumpers, the ball goes SDTM at the speed of light, or in an outlane. And this, twice in a row.

- When you finally succeed to start a bloody long multiball to trigger, and all the balls drain almost instantly in a very unfair, unlucky and unlikely way.

- When you played a very good first ball, and all the following balls are the crappiest balls you ever played.

- When you're close to blow up your hisghscore (or you blew it), and the table stays idle because of a bug. And you want to kill the attendant.

- Non-exhaustive list.

This. Hellyes and then something...it even pisses me off just reading about it :)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Why swear and rant at the game. I just berate myself for playing a bad game & w/o swear words "The game is perfect, it's me who is can't perform when needed. (edit) :p

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I know no swearword. I am as pure as the driven snow and have never, never been known to shout profanities at virtual inanimate objects. Certainly that was not me last night yelling "Why the [] did they design that [] thing to kick right to the [] outlane every [] time?"

(The kickout from Captain B. Zarre's "choose a song" drop hole, if you're wondering. You may fill in the []s with a word of your choice.)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014

$%28KGrHqJ,!roFE2OVGU6kBRjRlwb%29mg~~60_35.JPG

been playing the ps3 tourney... 1st problem a lot with dracula, the second a lot with scared stiff!

and i'll add a third, when you happen to have a good game going, then have a net outage that kills the score save! arrrrrgghhhh!! :0

and scared stiff... whyyyy am i having it so tough now with this table? i thought i knew that one, but i seem to be playing "past it" now. i shouldn't be suckin' so bad on that one!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Times I've ranted:

-Missing the 3M Genie goal by less than 50,000 pts. (Eventually crushed it w/4.5M, but still....)
-Hitting the 200K launch bonus in F14, only to shank the last shot. I am lucky to get five inner-lane shots per game, let alone on one ball.
-A few times where I couldn't make the jackpot shot for 125M on Red and Ted-now that I've got the goal, I don't even think about it-yet can get it much more easily than when I was trying for it.
-Having 22 tokens on SC, and since then, I've earned 15 tokens, all of them duplicates. Yes, I've played token multiball many times.
-TAF since the new physics. Best score-4B. Best since the new physics-100M.

Most of my other ranting is done on these forums.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Times I've ranted:

-Missing the 3M Genie goal by less than 50,000 pts. (Eventually crushed it w/4.5M, but still....)
-Hitting the 200K launch bonus in F14, only to shank the last shot. I am lucky to get five inner-lane shots per game, let alone on one ball.
-A few times where I couldn't make the jackpot shot for 125M on Red and Ted-now that I've got the goal, I don't even think about it-yet can get it much more easily than when I was trying for it.
-Having 22 tokens on SC, and since then, I've earned 15 tokens, all of them duplicates. Yes, I've played token multiball many times.
-TAF since the new physics. Best score-4B. Best since the new physics-100M.

Most of my other ranting is done on these forums.

The 250k launch goal on F14 doesn't register anyway. I did it twice but no cigar. Hopefully that will be fixed.
I'm cursing at Safe Cracker. When I'm one step from the vault and will start token multiball on my next roll unless the guard rolls a 6. Of course he rolls a 6 the cheating bastard! I've got 200 tokens now btw, but still not the last token to complete the goal :(

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
It can't be long until my Xbox360 controller will be so destroyed that I need a new one. So yes I get a little out of control sometimes. :cool:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The 250k launch goal on F14 doesn't register anyway. I did it twice but no cigar. Hopefully that will be fixed.
I'm cursing at Safe Cracker. When I'm one step from the vault and will start token multiball on my next roll unless the guard rolls a 6. Of course he rolls a 6 the cheating bastard! I've got 200 tokens now btw, but still not the last token to complete the goal :(

Thanks for the F14 tip-although I wonder if that applies to PC as well. And that's another rant-worthy situation-meeting every condition or conditions to reach a goal, only to have it not register.

That SC token goal is as frustrating. It's not based on skill so much as how much time you put into playing the game. Maybe that's the point. IMO, SC does not have the replay value of WH2O, The Getaway, Red and Ted, or even F2000. SC is still worth playing for how unique it is, but I simply like other more recent TPA additions more.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I should not be laughing this loud....this early in the morning. It's also comforting to know that I'm not the only one who screams like a banshee getting his/her teeth plucked with no anesthesia. Big Shot normally does this for me and a few others.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
"Why the [] did they design that [] thing to kick right to the [] outlane every [] time?"

(The kickout from Captain B. Zarre's "choose a song" drop hole, if you're wondering. You may fill in the []s with a word of your choice.)

At first glance I thought you were talking about the kickback on Firepower :).

It's like wait, what? Stare at the table in plunge mode. What whatAAAAAATTT just happened? But, i was one shot away from multiball! EEEEAAAEEEAAAEEE. (Intended to sound like Arny). Speaking of Arny... T2 when the cannon thingy shoots 5 miles to the right of the desired target. So much for starting multiball, back to looping the chase loop. But that's not that much of a pissed of moment, that's more of a 'wow, I really suck' moment

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts