The Pinball Arcade XBLA Weekly Sales Tracker...Updated Every Sunday!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Due to the current state of DLC Table Pack releases on XBLA, I have decided to discontinue my XBLA weekly sales tracker for The Pinball Arcade.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
??? where and how did you get those numbers?

Mainly from the leaderboards on Xbox LIVE since you must purchase the full game to have your name show up on The Pinball Arcade leaderboards.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I wonder how revenue splits across all formats? I would guess that IOS would lead the way, is there anyway to find out?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I wonder how revenue splits across all formats? I would guess that IOS would lead the way, is there anyway to find out?

The implementation of Game Center should make it easier to track sales on iOS, but that would have to be a project for someone else as I don't own any iOS devices.

ehansen24

Jun 25, 2012
Pin Wiz, did you manually scroll down on the leaderboards for 45 minutes until you got the Total Units Sold : 16,848 ? (I tried, but gave up after 5 minutes). These numbers are kind of sad, compared to Pinball FX2, which is ranked about #9.
$168k for 3 months is nothing for an entire studio, when you take into account overhead, salaries, office space, etc...Hopefully, cell phone sales are much better.

ehansen24

Jun 25, 2012
I remember looking up XBLA Popularity Rank about 3 weeks ago, and PA was ranked around #90. Now it's ranked at #146...it's dropping fast. This is out of over 450+ arcade games that have been released for xbla in the last 6+ years.

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
I remember looking up XBLA Popularity Rank about 3 weeks ago, and PA was ranked around #90. Now it's ranked at #146...it's dropping fast. This is out of over 450+ arcade games that have been released for xbla in the last 6+ years.
Yes, I think it would be in the top 30 by now if it had had all of it's DLC on time. All these certification delays and problems may have fatally wounded this game. But I don't want to start another thread about that...

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yes, I think it would be in the top 30 by now if it had had all of it's DLC on time. All these certification delays and problems may have fatally wounded this game. But I don't want to start another thread about that...

I wouldn't say fatally wounder, though it can't be denied that every week we get no new content, the reputation suffers, FS loses money, and wild rumors (such as deliberate MS sabotage) seemingly take on more credence. Still, I think if they can get this all straightened out, and start producing new content and updates on a regular basis, they'll be able to regain their position and then some.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Is that revenue and units sold just for the week or cumulative since release? What's the tracking period?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Week Ending : July 7, 2012 Sales Figures posted.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Nice they were able to move up, but 420 units for one week is hardly stellar. Still, that's the most we can hope for until the DLC hits. BTW, will DLC factor into this too when (or should I say if) it's released?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Nice they were able to move up, but 420 units for one week is hardly stellar. Still, that's the most we can hope for until the DLC hits. BTW, will DLC factor into this too when (or should I say if) it's released?

I will keep track of DLC sales figures separately for each Tables Pack and will post the "Overall Estimated Revenue" that will include Core and DLC Table Packs "Total Estimated Revenue".

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Tpa shows as 32nd most popular download here in EU at the moment. People comparing this to fx2 should realise that fx2 is a completely free download as opposed to tpa, as tables are all in app purchases so comparing them by download rank is useless.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts