PS3 to PS4 discount

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
So i bought right up to season 3 on the PS3 before i moved to the steam version, but i just treated myself to a PS4 and as any good pinball fan will tell you, you must have the same game across as many platforms as possible. lol

So i heard that if you bought the game on the PS3 you got a discount if you bought it again on the PS4, but when i go to buy them on the PS4 store they are still all full price, did i imagine this discount, does it work here in the UK, is it over?

Any info would be great, thanks. :)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I am (almost) in the same boat. Going to probably buy a ps4 when the 1TB version finally hits the states. It is starting with the new COD 3 bundle - really don't want my ps4 to be branded/tattooed with a game that might suck. Buyer beware the battlefield bundle is sony getting rid of all there 500GB stock.

Anyway if I remember right the discount you are referring to happened right when the ps4 came out when there was only seasons 1 and 2 (maybe 3). It did not go smoothly - but I think it's over. Let me know if I am wrong! I would like to see the new lighting on the ps4, but may just stick to iOS. Especially if I think I am going to spend a a lot of money buying all the tables just to do it again on ps5

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
They did a 50% off sale for season two a few months ago as well. If you wait, I'm sure they will put it up for 50% off again next year, and possibly season 3 as well.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Well there seems to be no discount, 24,99 for season pass at checkout, I did find the 11.99 for those that bought the game on the ps3, but it say discontinued and won't go through at the checkout.

But while messing about in the store I stumbled over the fact that I could get all my Zen pinball tables from my ps3 version unlocked for the ps4 version, so not to shabby at all, I am pinballing at least on the ps4 now, will possibly pick up the retail disc for PBA this time round as they are way cheaper than buying digital again.

But way to go Zen Pinball, that was a nice little surprise. :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yes, Zen has a great deal with purchasing ps4 games that you have already on PS3. When I first found out about it before I got a ps4, I purchased all of the tables I was missing on PS3.

If you look in the PlayStation store, there are season 1 pro and regular for full price, and two more with the 50% discount. If it says "unavailable," try resorting purchases in the PlayStation 4 settings menu. If they did actually discontinue it, it must have happened recently because I just got it over the summer.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^^Yeap you were right bud, i went to that restore licence thing on the ps4 and i was able to add the £11.99 season one pack to the trolley, unfortunatly i have already ordered the retail verion of season 1 and 2 yestarday. lol

But still it is nice to know it still work for anybody else who is moving from ps3 to ps4, thanks again for the help all. :)

(Update).
Well i cancelled the disc version of season 1 and 2, and decided to go for the season 1 £11.99 digital discount, now i just hope we might get the same sort of discount for the other seasons we bought on the ps3 at some point, because as much as i love this game and am happy to support it, i don't think i have it in me to buy the game and tables a 5th time . lol

Of course that will go out the window when the PS5 version comes out. lol

Last edited:

spanner

Jan 27, 2013
I hate it Sony does this,they are doing it with all the back catalogue of game for the ps3. Play it on your PS3 save money.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
I bought Season 7 for PS4 and now considering adding other seasons. Since I already have S1-6 on PS3/Vita, I see the discounted price for season 1 on PS4. Wondering about the other PS3 'starter' tables... Black Hole, Ripley's, and Theater of Magic. Are they included with PS4 season 1?

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts