Table of the Week Club...Week 42: FUNHOUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey Bucky, here's your chance! Step right up and show Rudy who's boss with this week's table, Funhouse. I remember working in the arcade when this one came in. It was a real attention getter, and mean as hell. So share your tips and tricks, stories, and general thoughts. And remember, you can pick any prize from the middle 2 rows.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I need good tips from the top players.
Got to say last month's ones were really useful for me.

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
I feel like it's just multiball multiball multiball. Also try not to drain the ball immediately after plunge with a two slingshot kick and down the left outlane......
Is it just me or is that trapdoor hard to hit on pc? I remember it being much easier on my vita....

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I feel like it's just multiball multiball multiball. Also try not to drain the ball immediately after plunge with a two slingshot kick and down the left outlane......
Is it just me or is that trapdoor hard to hit on pc? I remember it being much easier on my vita....

I usually short plunge to get the ball safely to the right flipper. Going all of the way around for an upper flipper shot isn't worth it unless you are trying to shoot Rudy in his gob. I find it much easier to only give just enough of a plunge to get it around, leading to a fairly easy Rudy shot. A full plunge races past that flipper faster than I am comfortable with. I have no idea about PC, but on PS4 the trapdoor shot is extremely tight after a hidden hallway shot. If you can get a slow feed to the upper flipper it is easier, but I don't know of any easy way to do that. I have had some luck banking it off the tip of a raised upper flipper from a trap on the right. Aim for the standup to the left of the ramp and it works surprisingly often. I think this table that would benefit from some fine tuning from Farsight. The impossible skill shot (on PS4 at least) attests to that.

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
This used to be a fun house, but now it's full of evil clowns...

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I need good tips from the top players.
Got to say last month's ones were really useful for me.

You are aware of the fact that a lot (most in fact) of tables have dedicated strategies/tips threads? See for example: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/1755-Funhouse-Tactics-and-Strategies
I usually mine those if I fire up a table that I haven't played in a long while. The fact that the top players now are up in the billion region doesn't entice playing for position, that's hours of play. So maybe I'll take my 300M+ game and be satisfied...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
You are aware of the fact that a lot (most in fact) of tables have dedicated strategies/tips threads? See for example: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/1755-Funhouse-Tactics-and-Strategies
I usually mine those if I fire up a table that I haven't played in a long while. The fact that the top players now are up in the billion region doesn't entice playing for position, that's hours of play. So maybe I'll take my 300M+ game and be satisfied...

Yes I'm aware of these dedicated threads and find them very useful.
But I agree with SYT about the 'best of' package posted on TotW threads.
Only speaking for myself here but that's what I'm looking for the tournament.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Fine, best of Funhouse strategy: Go infinite. Complete the Magic Mirror every ball for the EB. If you miss, make up for it with a Gangway EB which is also repeatable.

After you have the mirror and Gangway complete on a ball, then go for multiball since that's where all the points are. There's various ways to railroad the balls between the million-plus and the ramp to relight it. Note that the shot out of the hidden hallway at the trap door has some screwy timing, it's actually earlier than shooting Rudy as it banks off the T standup first. I heard this may have been tweaked in recent PC releases but haven't tried firsthand.

Ignore Frenzies and hot dogs and the steps and ramp and other junk. Multiball has the only significant points.

Quick MB is good to work on Gangways for the EB. Catch on each flipper, shoot the ramp to feed the left inlane, and shoot the right Gangway with the other ball just as the first hits the inlane switch.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yes I'm aware of these dedicated threads and find them very useful.
But I agree with SYT about the 'best of' package posted on TotW threads.
Only speaking for myself here but that's what I'm looking for the tournament.

Fair enough, and with EB's not playing a part in the tournament, I can understand that strategy will sometimes have to be tweaked. So we'll regard the TotW thread as a reader's digest :)

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
So we'll regard the TotW thread as a reader's digest :)

Good call! I actually didn't know there was dedicated thread for each table. Since my participation in the tourneys, all the table of the week threads have had plenty of good tips so I haven't felt the need to trawl through the rest of the forum.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Not a bad table, but I would not have except it came in package with Circus Voltaire, I think. I don't like funny/goofy/stupid looking plastic heads (chrome skulls okay) on the playfield, just my preference. The little I've played it, it was okay gameplay with decent flow. Probably will get into it more later on.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Note that the shot out of the hidden hallway at the trap door has some screwy timing, it's actually earlier than shooting Rudy as it banks off the T standup first.

I discovered this myself while playing around today, later to find it had been mentioned in the FH strategy thread as well as this one. It works really well on PS4. Far more repeatable than anything else I have tried. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.