NO FEAR: Dangerous Sports Issues

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
I just fired No Fear for OS X here from Steam and I immediately noticed decal/light glitches on the table. The AutoFire flasher is the worst (looks horrible). The Spin light goes "dark" when it lights up around the edges and several other lenses have areas that are slightly darker on the lit lens. I've seen this on the OS X tables before (e.g. Twilight Zone). I had a similar problem when making playfield drop-wall based lights in Visual Pinball many years ago. If you aren't careful with automated lighting tools, they will often make something darker to make the center look more lit. If I used something like the dodge tool in Photoshop, it would only brighten the areas I brushed and wouldn't darken anything. This avoided future problems on tables using that method. It LOOKS like something similar is going on here as the lit states of the lights should never be DARKER on any part of the decal/area of the playfield and the AutoFire flasher looks absurd.

Otherwise, the table looks pretty good (too bright though as most OS X conversions are for whatever reason). The skull animation is nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts