PS3 - Bug >10 billion high score rollover resets to zero

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
someone on my friends list is claiming a score of over 12 billion and it does not show up on the leaderboards. however i see two scores over 10 billion. could it be an update the ps3 version has yet to receive?

VMethos

Jun 29, 2012
I was going to mention this, but I see you've already started a thread.
;)

I played 2 Games of BoP tonight that lasted over 5 hours altogether.
It looks like the mobile scores are capable of displaying 10+ billion scores. The PS3 however, does not.

Game 1 score was 12,243,XXX,XXX. However, it didn't even make it on my local scoreboard since it considered the score to be 243 million which was just under my lowest score at the time. (Got 8 Billion from the Big Wheel, 1 Billion from the Backdoor Billion 10 loop combo, and 3.24 Billion from regular play... thanks in large part to Ball 1 which had gotten up over 250 loops with about a 12x multiplier as well as an x100 on the skill shots)

Game 2 score was 9,972,XXX,XXX. This score did post as my high score. I got nervous about rolling over to 10 billion and ended up draining while attempting to run up the last couple million from center ramp loops.

Also... it seems to me that there is a limit of 8 attempts for Billionaire Club per game, am I correct? On my first game I managed to hit each one and after the 8th, even though I hit the Big Wheel numerous, numerous times afterwards, it never again landed on Billionaire Club. And in my second game, I missed one of 8 chances at Billionaire Club, but again, it never landed on that for well over an hour of play more. If that's the case, I'm actually glad there's a limit to the "easy" billions, as the limit reduces the randomness of crazy high score potential. You get 8 shots at Billionaire Club and can get 1 more with Backdoor Billion, after that you just need to rack up the millions.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Also... it seems to me that there is a limit of 8 attempts for Billionaire Club per game, am I correct? On my first game I managed to hit each one and after the 8th, even though I hit the Big Wheel numerous, numerous times afterwards, it never again landed on Billionaire Club. And in my second game, I missed one of 8 chances at Billionaire Club, but again, it never landed on that for well over an hour of play more. If that's the case, I'm actually glad there's a limit to the "easy" billions, as the limit reduces the randomness of crazy high score potential. You get 8 shots at Billionaire Club and can get 1 more with Backdoor Billion, after that you just need to rack up the millions.

This is just either bad luck, or limited by ball instead of per game. I had 11 regular billion shots in my over-attempt. I can't recall offhand what balls they happened in though so it is possible it maxes by ball. If I had to guess I'd say it doesn't actually cap. The third choice I guess would be that the chances of getting it decrease with each billion shot, but that seems a bit too advanced to include in the table so I doubt it.

VMethos

Jun 29, 2012
Wow, I'm surprised that I managed to get a max of 8 Billionaire Club shots in 3 separate games (the 2 tonight and 1 previous 9.2 billion score). And then to not get another on a boatload more spins. Either my luck is horrible or perhaps it has something to do with a limit per ball. Wild.

Thanks for the response.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
someone on my friends list is claiming a score of over 12 billion and it does not show up on the leaderboards. however i see two scores over 10 billion. could it be an update the ps3 version has yet to receive?

I believe the answer to this is that the original ROM was limited to 10 billion score. The ps3 code uses the original ROM. The mobile versions do not.

VMethos

Jun 29, 2012
Yep. I believe you are correct. Same thing with Theatre of Magic apparently.

That's okay... it keeps me from feeling the obsessive need to spend several hours racking up a ridiculous score on BoP. ;)

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I was going to mention this, but I see you've already started a thread.
;)

I played 2 Games of BoP tonight that lasted over 5 hours altogether.
It looks like the mobile scores are capable of displaying 10+ billion scores. The PS3 however, does not.

Game 1 score was 12,243,XXX,XXX. However, it didn't even make it on my local scoreboard since it considered the score to be 243 million which was just under my lowest score at the time. (Got 8 Billion from the Big Wheel, 1 Billion from the Backdoor Billion 10 loop combo, and 3.24 Billion from regular play... thanks in large part to Ball 1 which had gotten up over 250 loops with about a 12x multiplier as well as an x100 on the skill shots)

Game 2 score was 9,972,XXX,XXX. This score did post as my high score. I got nervous about rolling over to 10 billion and ended up draining while attempting to run up the last couple million from center ramp loops.

This is just either bad luck, or limited by ball instead of per game. I had 11 regular billion shots in my over-attempt. I can't recall offhand what balls they happened in though so it is possible it maxes by ball. If I had to guess I'd say it doesn't actually cap. The third choice I guess would be that the chances of getting it decrease with each billion shot, but that seems a bit too advanced to include in the table so I doubt it.

Wow, I'm surprised that I managed to get a max of 8 Billionaire Club shots in 3 separate games (the 2 tonight and 1 previous 9.2 billion score). And then to not get another on a boatload more spins. Either my luck is horrible or perhaps it has something to do with a limit per ball. Wild.

Thanks for the response.

Okay, so I'm not imagining things. I'm also playing on the PS3 (I currently have high score #13 under this same name). I registered here to see if this was true for myself. I've had 5 or 6 games now where I've scored the billion shot exactly 8 times, then it just would not give it to me again no matter how many big wheels I got. Maybe this is, again, a limitation present on the PS3 but not necessarily other versions.

Another tidbit: years ago, I scored 8 billion on the real table. I recall getting something like 12 or 13 attempts at the shot. So the limitation (as it seems to exist), appears to be scoring 8 billionaire shots, rather than just 8 opportunities.

I believe the answer to this is that the original ROM was limited to 10 billion score. The ps3 code uses the original ROM. The mobile versions do not.

That sucks, because it discourages me now from going for #1, if I know I can't exceed 10 billion on the PS3. How about a patch, guys?

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Just got 9,862,252,760. I wanted to get as close to 10b as I could and tilt the rest of the way out, like the two above me in the list obviously did... but I didn't quite make it there.

Still, this is it for me with this game pretty much...unless they can patch it to make it fair and let all of us score over 10 billion.

I think I'll work on Funhouse now.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
The 360 version does display scores over 10b. It also gives more than 8 completed billion shots, although they become extremely rare after 8.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just played 8 hour game yesterday 16billion+ it finally gave me a billion shot after probably 100 big wheel spins but I earned abot 3billion the hard way. :D #1 console score.

alejandro

Sep 10, 2012
I just played 8 hour game yesterday 16billion+ it finally gave me a billion shot after probably 100 big wheel spins but I earned abot 3billion the hard way. :D #1 console score.

hi,
are you in general score??

#1 portia 24,206...
#2 nelis 19,893...
#3 alejandro 19,839...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.