PinballX Table and Backglass videos

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I've been enjoying some time off work this Christmas and been keeping myself busy recording videos to Enhance my setup.

I've got dx11 videos of every table now using the Camera mod and started working on updateding my Backglass videos.

I've collected quiet a few videos from VPforums, youtube etc and I've been doing some B2S back glass recordings for Judge Dredd and Addams family, and in game Backglass recordings for Xenon and Cyclone etc.

Here's my current PinballX TPA setup so far.

I plan on recording as many VP B2S backglass videos as needed to fill out the roster of tables as best I can since I find the fantasy Backglass's really enrich the experience for me when playing.

My question is does anyone want me to post these? Table videos are about a 1GB , Backglass videos will be more when done. I'm happy to do it if anyone wants them but not sure its useful for anyone but myself.
I will say the videos are setup for 2 screen grill mode since thats my setup.

anyways let me know :)

karl

May 10, 2012
Sounds great, Robert. I have still yet to install The Pinball Arcade on my Cab, but I am planning to do it really soon.

And having all the preview videos ready would be a huge, huge benefit. Preview videos, especially for the playfield is a must for me. It enhances the cab experience greatly, but it takes a lot of time to search for everything

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Ha Ha...great minds think alike as they say. Guess what I've been doing over Christmas too. :)

Had a quick look at your video. I like watching videos like this because everyone has their own setups, their own style of gameplay and their own way of filming their gameplay etc. I think the videos give people an insight of what is possible on the VP machines and I think the more videos the merrier. But one thing Ive found though, is how hard it is to produce these videos. Perhaps Im just too fussy, but it takes me several hours to film a 10 min video! You start filming...have the worst game ever and think...cant put that video up! :) Then you play another and you plan on a short 8 to 10 min video and you end up playing for an hour...and the files then become massive. Then you finally have a 10min game, play it back and realise its the most boring game you've ever played...so then its back to play another game! :)

Anyhow, you get my vote. Perhaps this site could have a separate page where people could share their pics and videos...unless it has one already and I didn't realise! :) Be good to see everyones setups.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
welp sounds like a few people will find them useful so I'll start with the table videos and post the Backglass videos later when I've worked out more finished ones.

The videos aren't of me playing well tho..recording 66 clips in a couple days then learning how to convert,flip orientation, then re encode for size all was a learning experience :) everything was played with two fingers on one hand on the flipper buttons :)

Open Broadcaster is great free recording software btw, but it generates FLV files , iMovie on my mac doesn't like that so I had to use VLC to first convert to M4V files..then edit in imovie, trim and export to MP4..then use Handbrake to 2pass re encode and crop when necessary ect.. was all fun to learn how to do it all , I could make better movies now then the first half of them but that's all part of the learning process.

I think they're good enough for the front end and reflect what the tables look like when playing with NoEx's camera mod.

Oh L33 the height and view angle of the table part in that youtube video is the height i was suggesting you needed to put your Camera at for your gamplay videos. Its a more natural height and easier to see the gameplay then the lower view you have been using.

I'll post a new thread with the link once the mega upload finishes

L33

Aug 20, 2014
welp sounds like a few people will find them useful so I'll start with the table videos and post the Backglass videos later when I've worked out more finished ones.

The videos aren't of me playing well tho..recording 66 clips in a couple days then learning how to convert,flip orientation, then re encode for size all was a learning experience :) everything was played with two fingers on one hand on the flipper buttons :)

Open Broadcaster is great free recording software btw, but it generates FLV files , iMovie on my mac doesn't like that so I had to use VLC to first convert to M4V files..then edit in imovie, trim and export to MP4..then use Handbrake to 2pass re encode and crop when necessary ect.. was all fun to learn how to do it all , I could make better movies now then the first half of them but that's all part of the learning process.

I think they're good enough for the front end and reflect what the tables look like when playing with NoEx's camera mod.

Oh L33 the height and view angle of the table part in that youtube video is the height i was suggesting you needed to put your Camera at for your gamplay videos. Its a more natural height and easier to see the gameplay then the lower view you have been using.

I'll post a new thread with the link once the mega upload finishes

Yeah cheers for that Robert...moved my machine round today to try and get a better shot...what a nightmare! :) Forgot how heavy it is. Hopefully it'll now be at a similar angle to yours which I agree, does show more of the table. I'd love to fit the whole thing on but thats no way possible...just too big.

I feel your pain above...all that editing...but you use a mac I see...thats a good start :) iMovie is pretty good...I made the switch to FCPX recently and never looked back...a lot more control over everything. You've done well to get all 66 tables done though...thats good going. Will have to check them out later. :)

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
Those backglass videos look great! I, and I'm sure others, would love to have them. Question...does NoEx's mod allow videos for the backglass?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I just use pinballx as a front end to load the videos external to the mod.
its not quiet as elegant but works pretty darn good..Im enjoying more animated backgrounds vs static images.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts