Stereoscopic 3D on PS4

Re-Animator

Aug 13, 2012
Are there any plans for supporting 3D Stereoscopic display for PS4?

On the PS3 this is supported, and i like playing TPA with stereoscopic 3D on my PS3
But sometimes the frame rate suffers especially when you get a multiball ...

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
+1. This would be awesome. I really enjoy 3d content, but generally don't think there's much of a demand for it these days.
Proper 3D (aka Occulus Rift) is where it's heading, and don't think the PS4 is powerful enough for that.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I was going to say they probably were sloppy and copied all the descriptions from the PS3 version, but it is mentioning 3d support while also mentioning specific DS4 features.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone have the disc version and can check the back cover? Thats usually the place to find these things and is authoritive.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
[MENTION=416]brakel[/MENTION]: that settles it then, no expectation of stereoscopic 3D on PS4. But, you never know, maybe FS has "project Morpheus" in the back of their minds for the PS4 (which development could go hand-in-hand with other existing or announced VR solutions). Now imagine that headtracking etc. is going to be supported... that would blow you right off your socks.

Edit: if any FS folks happen to read this, the nudging on the Wii PHoF titles just sucks compared to the analog stick (but you need 'reverse' nudge option), so please leave that as an option as opposed to any 'playstation move' controllers being involved.

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Morpheus would be incredible... I think the effect that would have might be underestimated by some. The ability to just look around at the table (even leaning forward a bit and seeing more of the upper playfield, closer Backglass, etc) with NO automatic cameras whatsoever (you can look down while you plunge the ball, or not!)

The more I think about that the more I want it
I'm already going to get Morpheus just for the promised Project Cars support.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
+1 for 3D stereoscopic. I rallied for it to be added to the PS3 version for years and was very happy when it was finally added.

I really wish they would give the PS4 version the attention it deserves. 3D on a pinball game should be the law. I play Zen Pinball all the time with 3D turned on and it's an amazing time.

The lighting effects on the PC version also looks much better than what is seen on the PS4 version.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Does anyone from Farsight ever read comments in the PS4 forum or do they just stick to mobile and PC now?

It seems like the PS4 version is becoming the new Vita version... forgotten about.

Still no reflections from balls, no - friends - leader board filtering, which have been available for years on other ports, and we still have sound issues.
It's depressing. :(

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Does anyone from Farsight ever read comments in the PS4 forum or do they just stick to mobile and PC now?

It seems like the PS4 version is becoming the new Vita version... forgotten about.

Still no reflections from balls, no - friends - leader board filtering, which have been available for years on other ports, and we still have sound issues.
It's depressing. :(

We stop in time to time.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
We stop in time to time.
Well why don't you ever do anything about it? Simple things like friends leader boards. Every other firm does stuff like this. As someone very well pointed out you have a Dr Who game and you act like you can't be bothered with it. It could make you millions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Well why don't you ever do anything about it? Simple things like friends leader boards. Every other firm does stuff like this. As someone very well pointed out you have a Dr Who game and you act like you can't be bothered with it. It could make you millions!

Posts like that will not inspire them.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

You should be a little more respectful towards them.

It's OK to be disappointed about missing features or bugs, but ultimately they are the reason we have an amazing product [Pinball Arcade] to begin with.
I am hopeful they will continue to make it a better and more polished product. Especially now that Sony has sold a record setting 40 million PS4 consoles so far.
That's a lot of potential Pinball Arcade customers!

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I wonder if the PSVR will be able to add an artificial 3D effect to games not specifically designed for VR. That would be an easy solution to the problem, wouldn't it?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I wonder if the PSVR will be able to add an artificial 3D effect to games not specifically designed for VR. That would be an easy solution to the problem, wouldn't it?

If that camera can pan and everything can scale to your tracked head movements, I believe that effect will be achieved. Remember this old demo somebody made with the original Wii? I think it's the same principle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Last edited:

Members online

Members online