new UI - how many more Christmases ?

18Phoenix

Dear Farsight team,

WHAT ARE YOU DOING for years ?
Everyone is waiting for a good new UI to sort and filter the huge and great pinball collection.

newsletter 41 :
" We announced two Christmases ago that we were working on User Interface 2.0 for
The Pinball Arcade. We know the fans have been waiting, and we know how you feel....
User Interface 2.0 is finally on the way "

How many more Christmases we have to wait ?

The peolpe just want to possibility to sort the collection.
So just make a simple database for all tables with
ALL details like manufacturing year, manufacturer, season, release date, with/without DOT etc.
Let us generate favorites. Don't make it too simple and give the option for 2-3 favoritelists.
And then add a simple filter for ALL this.
Only this is such an easy thing and done in one or perhaps some days.
With the required details I could make such a database with filters and favorite selection and and and ... in excel in a few hours.
Then put a simple grahical interface over it, nothing special, just usefull is absolutley ok.

So again, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING for years ?

Sorry for being angry again and again...
The tables are really good and the fun is huge,
but PLEASE come to an end with a new UI !!!!

Thanks a lot in advance

P.S.: Will a new UI come to the consoles anyway ? Because you test with the PCs.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They spit out a pin every month. They are working on the Stern Pinball Arcade. And they do have other non-pinball related projects they are working on. You might not like the current UI, but it does work, so that probably means the new UI isn't a front burner project. So I wouldn't place a timetable on it appearing. Pretend you never heard about it and act surprised when it does show up. That's how I'm looking at it.

18Phoenix

Just completing only one table for all the systems is much more work than building an easy new menu.
But it doesn't make more money, that's the problem and barrier for a fast realization.
That's an asskick for these who bought all tables, so the biggest pinball fans.
And especially they went mad in this awful menu. Yes, it works now, but it which way ? It's horrible.
Big problem ? No, easy to fix, build a new menu in 1-2 months and that's it.
A big problem for good programmer ? Definitely not !
Or does someone disagree ?
A lot of people spend a lot money so they have the right for optimization, don't they ?

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Just completing only one table for all the systems is much more work than building an easy new menu.
But it doesn't make more money, that's the problem and barrier for a fast realization.

Fixing glaring bugs doesn't make more money either. Unfortunately.

18Phoenix

Fixing glaring bugs doesn't make more money either. Unfortunately.

You're right, the fixes are missing too. Very sad policy.
... and one more painfull kick in the *** for all paying fans.
Why, Farsight, why ?

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
Yeah, like how many more christmases until the Gorgar pop bumpers get fixed? It's so disappointing that I don't want to play that table anymore. P.S. Sorcerer!

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Hard to imagine why the bugs dont get fixed in a timely way --theyve gotten $150 from me. More than Ive given any other software.

wreckdiver

Sep 12, 2015
Being only new to this game and love it, I don't know much like many of you that have been here a long time...

BUT...yes it is very difficult with the UI and a better one would be much appreciated. At this point just being able to sort pins in order of seasons or some kind of fashion rather than scroll through them all when you own them all. As mentioned those who have spent lots of $$ to support Farsight and enjoy all the pins I'm surprised of no system from the start beyond what I have seen which is not much.

I bought in on all of season 5 and I know when tables are released they will be available to download but with xbox 1 the platform is different than 360. So looking through xbox 1 for any new season 5 releases is a mystery to me since the only way I bought in past was full season from folders direct on game. Now 5 is faded I don't know where to look for the next table release on xbox1. With 360 I bought bundles direct from Microsoft. Unless I have missed it I can't find same system for xbox1

These just example of simplifying this process with a good UI and no lost time searching or wondering when or wondering where especially after paying ahead for full season 5 pass. I have been playing games on 360 since it came out. I did "pre order" some games back then but now I don't do that. I pay for what I download at the moment and should be that way for pinball arcade also.

I also get anxious for the next pin to be released but now waiting and waiting after paying is not the system I like or will do again. If it is a Microsoft thing then we should have patience and wait for all pins for a season to be released at once. I'm sure there is more behind the scenes we don't know but this system would not work for EA and big title shooter gamers.

thanks for all

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m a dipstick,i don`t know what ui stands for,probably better off not knowing !!!everything looks great to me,PC no.1,XBOX 1 ,PS4 NO.2s !!!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
U nbelievable I gnorance
mpad,not everyone is educated in this field,i left school in 1974 where my favourite subject was wagging.i only bought my first laptop 5 years ago,and4 years ago WITH ME.my first PS3.i`ll you a question,what were you doing in 1974 ? here`s something to ponder,DON`T COME THE RAW PRAWN .YOU SHOULDN`T JUDGE PEOPLE WHEN YOU HAVEN`T WALKED IN THERE SHOES !!!! :cool:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I`m a dipstick,i don`t know what ui stands for,probably better off not knowing !!!everything looks great to me,PC no.1,XBOX 1 ,PS4 NO.2s !!!! :cool:

UI stands for User Interface. It's basically how a user control a device or program. When you open your phone, all the buttons, links, settings, call buttons ect are part of the phones UI. In TPA, The start menu store folders, tables, options, tables select, ect ect are all part of the User Interface.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
UI stands for User Interface. It's basically how a user control a device or program. When you open your phone, all the buttons, links, settings, call buttons ect are part of the phones UI. In TPA, The start menu store folders, tables, options, tables select, ect ect are all part of the User Interface.
FlippyFloppy,thank you very much !!!you have a great ,mate.:cool:
!!!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
U gly I cons.

But seriously, sorry for not resisting the mean jokes. Bad me.
In 1974 I wasn't even planned, if this is still of some concern.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts