BlahCade 40: Musical Eff Chimes, or Arcade Expo 2016

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Links

Stream/Download/RSS: http://shoutengine.com/BlahCadePodcast/musical-eff-chimes-or-arcade-expo-2016-15411

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blahcade-podcast/id1039748922?mt=2

Blab.im: https://blab.im/BlahCade

T-shirts: https://represent.com/blahcade-shirt

Summary

Join us as Chris tells us all about his little journey to Banning, CA for the annual Arcade Expo event.

Because AE is so close to Big Bear, FarSight made the drive down the range and Chris caught up with both Norman and Mike about a whole pile of stuff to do with The Pinball Arcade.

Plenty of pinball in this huuuge installment. So huge that Jared couldn’t break down the episode into separate segments and still hit the Tuesday PM deadline. ;)

In the words of the Museum of Pinball "Pinball doesn’t need to be SAVED, it needs to be SAVORED". Let us know what you think.

Timings

• Intro and Sponsors
  • Introductions and Stuff - 0:45
  • Chris' Car Altercation - 2:00
  • Road trip to Banning - 8:00
  • The Layout of the Venue - 11:00
  • Trading Restriction - 11:55
  • Pinball Under The Stars? - 13:10
  • Pinheadz 8-ball Deluxe Playfield - 14:00
  • Specialty Row/Hercules - 15:30
  • Tokens/costs? - 17:00
  • Other Rows/INDISC - 18:30
  • Chronological Order and Stern’s Tough Time - 19:15
  • EMs - 21:00
  • Behind the Curtain - 21:30
  • Sopranos (non-family mode) - 23:00
  • FarSight - 24:45
  • The FarSight Pitch - 25:45
  • And
  • Lots
  • of
  • Pinball
  • Talk
  • Srsly
  • Out of time - 65:00

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
He might of counted the Backroom Edition as #39, which dropped 2 days ago. All that really matters is that 60 of the 65 minutes is pinball. Apparently you people like that kind of thing.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Nice to hear Evel Knievel get a shout out.
Totally agree with SYT about ball speed on Genie. I think the same issue is even worse on Haunted House.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The good news is that in the Fireball/El Dorado beta, there's an attempt to get that EM feel and speed in. It's not 100%, but it is better than in the past.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Just listened to most of this finally. Some interesting tidbits about Eight Ball Deluxe in there. Thanks SYT!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This is #40. That last one was... #38. What happened to #39?

I don't make posts for BackRoom episodes, only main podcast episodes.

I might make an exception for the next Backroom though: it's a corker!

If you subscribe via RSS through any Podcast app, these posts are largely redundant anyhow. But for the few of you who do, I do it so you remain informed.

As we get more funds from T-shirt sales, I would think that most of these posts are going to be offloaded to the BlahCade.com site. It will become the canonical home for our podcast.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hmm. I didn't even know the BackRoom existed until now. I try to follow things via Twitter but it's too fast and too random (far worse than Facebook for actually getting me content I want to see). Don't use podcast apps or RSS because this is the only podcast I listen to.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Usually, if things go according to plan, BlahCade episodes drop on Tuesdays here in the States. 'Backroom' editions, where all my non pinball nonsense gets put, drop between Friday and Sunday.

We don't do backrooms every week, and when we do it's at Jarod's discretion since he is in control of the edit button. If I go off on too many tangents, a backroom happens. If it's all pinball all the time, no backroom.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Sorry to hear about your accident, glad no one was hurt.

In comparison, my car is 3 years old and I put 96,000 miles on it. Living in Big Bear means you put about 200 miles on the car just driving anywhere that isn't here (roundtrip).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sorry to hear about your accident, glad no one was hurt.

In comparison, my car is 3 years old and I put 96,000 miles on it. Living in Big Bear means you put about 200 miles on the car just driving anywhere that isn't here (roundtrip).
That is pretty crazy. That's probably pretty consistent with most mountain communities.

Winter can't be fun though. From a driving perspective.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
That is pretty crazy. That's probably pretty consistent with most mountain communities.

Winter can't be fun though. From a driving perspective.

I tend to stay home when we have snow or ice on the roads if I can help it.

Also my wife's parents live in the San Francisco area, so that's a 1,000 mile round trip drive. My brother lives in Arizona (another 1,000 mile round trip drive). And my parents live on the east coast. Just got back from a trip there, so that was about 7,000 miles total trip with all the places we went.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.