Steam Mac, El Capitain, my solution

Thomas

Jan 26, 2016
Hello from germany,

don't login in TBA, this worked for me.

First I tried playing without network, I disabled my network connections and it worked fine. Next was playing without login in TBA, perfect speed at my 2009 MBP, 8GB RAM, 120GB Apple SSD.

Greets
Thomas

Our Pinballs in 1.200 year old Schlitz-town, middle of germany: Adams Family, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, Star Trek Next Generation, Flintstones, Twilight Zone and Stargate
PB-IN-Schlitz-Town.JPG

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Thanks for the report, seem to be on to something. I'm looking into it and will talk with our programmer in the morning

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I too came up with a solution! Just last night, I was up tip 3am playing away.

While I was building a dual monitor pc for my wife's office (to go with her macbook pro); I realized I had enough parts sitting around to also build me a pinball arcade pc (I had also been considering giving bootcamp a go as well)

AMD Phenom II x4 3.0ghz
9800GT card
8gbs ram

Bare in mind, I can only play the DX9 version (because 9800GT can only go up to DX10), it was still vastly superior to the mac version
There was just no contest
Game play was consistently smooth, all the settings were max out
Graphics were far better, no scaling issues like the mac
XBOX 360 controller worked with it right out of the box (rumble too!) trying to get a controller to work on the PA mac was a joke.
Nudging was far more forgiving. Mac 2 nudges in a row = tilt

There are many things I use my Mac for, and will continue, because it is just does it better than pc, Pinball Arcade is definiently not one them.
But I now have a pc that only does Pinball Arcade, and it just friggin rocks
If you can, I highly recommend making the break for it too.
I highly doubt the mac version issues will get resolved anytime soon, let alone catch up to the vastly superior pc version (looking forward to moving up to DX11 eventually)

and on that note, my time in this section draws to a end and I will be in the pc section more.

Best of luck with the Mac version :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts