Now I'm spoiled

Jay

May 19, 2012
I really like the recent Fireball/El Dorado pack. So for the first time, I made a TPA purchase on Steam running virtualized in Windows 7 on my Mac. And now I'm spoiled. The graphics and sound are vastly superior to the cartoonish look of the Mac tables. The lighting is impressive and makes me feel like I'm playing a real table. The ball looks like it's made of steel instead of pewter. The physics feels more authentic.

I wish FarSight could give the native Mac port a little more love. The platform is capable of superior graphics. The iOS version must constitute a significant cash flow and the Mac version is essentially an iOS port. I had originally assumed that the game was simplified to run on iOS. But with recent advances to iOS and iDevices in general, it no longer needs to be. I have other pinball simulators on both Mac and iOS that look a lot better. But at least now I know what kind of quality simulation FarSight and TPA is capable of.

Last edited:

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
The PC version also has configurable keyboard buttons. Just be aware that virtualization will add some lag to the game

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I really like the recent Fireball/El Dorado pack. So for the first time, I made a TPA purchase on Steam running virtualized in Windows 7 on my Mac. And now I'm spoiled. The graphics and sound are vastly superior to the cartoonish look of the Mac tables. The lighting is impressive and makes me feel like I'm playing a real table. The ball looks like it's made of steel instead of pewter. The physics feels more authentic.

I wish FarSight could give the native Mac port a little more love. The platform is capable of superior graphics. The iOS version must constitute a significant cash flow and the Mac version is essentially an iOS port. I had originally assumed that the game was simplified to run on iOS. But with recent advances to iOS and iDevices in general, it no longer needs to be. I have other pinball simulators on both Mac and iOS that look a lot better. But at least now I know what kind of quality simulation FarSight and TPA is capable of.
-----
Yeah...I love the new physics & authentic looks. These are definitely 2 EMs that will be played a lot eh. I hope more of the 70s & early 80s come in the near :Dfuture.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

You are far from alone. It seems FarSight has issues with quality wavering in-between platforms. Granted, TPA is really hard to program as it simulates real tables. Unlike PP and Zaccaria, FarSight started trying to support every platform (that they could) at once. As noble as I'll admit their efforts were, the overall quality ended up not quite being what it could've been, or maybe will ever be.

Doccus

Jan 15, 2014
No kidding. In previous blog posts I kept asking for several of the old EM tables like 8 Ball Deluxe and Royal Flush, with Fireball being right at the top of the list.. I didn't *really* think they'd release it. But then suddenly, month after month some of the best EM tables started coming out.. and frankly I was totally astonished.. And then.. Fireball!!!
I am actually considering the possibility, now, that Royal Flush and .. yes..8 Ball Deluxe! *might* really be released.. Way back when, these were some of the first computer tables I ever really enjoyed...
These last half dozen or more tables have really picked it up for me. so 8 Ball Dlx? That and Royal flush would complete a great half year of tables... Really Kool!! THX Farsight...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts