Moveable, Re-sizeable Back Glass ???

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Question for NoEx.

Looking at the moveable, re-sizeable DMD ... just wondering if it would be possible to use the same method that you use to "capture" the DMD and use that method to "capture" or cut out the in-game back glass and make it so that we could move it, position it, and resize it a bit to fit our second monitor?

Reason I ask is because most (definitely not all ... but most) of TPA tables back glass's function\work properly. If we were able to have a moveable, re-sizeable back glass, in most cases we would not have to worry about having a separate moveable, re-sizeable DMD because the back glass functions fine on the in-game TPA table ...

Again ... Thanks for your Time and Talents!

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Not possible, the backglass is not visible when you play, it can't be replicated on the second monitor.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Maybe somewhat of a solution ... has anyone else tried this?

Below is a youtube link to a video of me playing Lights Camera Action using the Free Camera Mod. I've got 2 almost identical Dell monitors that support the same resolution (1280x1024). Same resolution in both monitors is key. I've got them both in portrait mode, and "stacked" vertically in the Windows Display Settings (not side by side) with the bottom monitor set as my primary display monitor.

I've got the Cabinet mode turned OFF (set to 0 in settings.ini) in the Free Camera Mod. Before launching the camera mod, I set the resolution in the Steam TPA configuration to 1024x2500 and I am running it in a Window (not full screen). When I run the Free Camera Mod and TPA opens, being that I have the monitors "stacked" vertically in Windows Display Settings, I simply stretch the window up into the upper monitor leaving just barely any room above and to the right of the window (this way it will not snap back into the primary display monitor). Then I adjust the camera so that the table is on bottom monitor and the backglass on top ... And wala ... I am able to run TPA using the working in-game back glass on my second monitor.

I chose Lights Camera Action for the vid because it is such an interactive backglass and really needs to be seen in action while playing this table

https://youtu.be/PRW22dRvLFA

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
[MENTION=4311]nudnick[/MENTION]
That looks great and very promising!

I sure wish Farsight would implement cabinet mode, so we all could have animated backglass with working features.

Curtis

Docrings

Sep 30, 2014
That looks sweet! Trouble is a cab with a VERY tall backglass monitor...but it just might work if you built the cab with that design in mind from scratch.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts