Xbox 8 Coming In The Near Future?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I just hope it is a slow transition. I'm perfectly happy with my 360, and don't need to trade up anytime soon.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just hope it is a slow transition. I'm perfectly happy with my 360, and don't need to trade up anytime soon.

Agreed, I hope the Xbox 8's release is still at least a year and a half to two years away. That should give FarSight some time to release more great tables for the Xbox 360 and maybe begin working on The Pinball Arcade 2 for the Xbox 8 late next year.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
When you look at a game that's available on both PC and 360, the graphics are always significantly better on PC, plus the frame rates are higher.....so it's time for consoles to catch up.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I've been a day one adopter since the N64 came out, but after the Red Ring of Death fiasco, I am never going to buy another console on or near launch ever again, so FS better not jump ship to the new console immediately. I'm going to join the smart crowd this time, waiting for the price to drop, and the hardware to be revised, before I plunge into the new generation. That usually takes 2-3 years after launch.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I've been a day one adopter since the N64 came out, but after the Red Ring of Death fiasco, I am never going to buy another console on or near launch ever again, so FS better not jump ship to the new console immediately. I'm going to join the smart crowd this time, waiting for the price to drop, and the hardware to be revised, before I plunge into the new generation. That usually takes 2-3 years after launch.

The money isn't with new consoles so I would hope they would continue to develop both platforms simultaneously. It took well over a year before PS3 ever outsold PS2 for any given month. I still remember all the stores that launched them expecting madness and the next day there were just stacks of PS3s going unsold. I was upset because I was unable to flip one on eBay (At least I made up for it when Wii came out!). I don't think PS3 will ever have the userbase of PS2 or even close to it but it did take a couple years for that system to get an appealing base for any sort of big revenue generation in the form of a single title.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
When you look at a game that's available on both PC and 360, the graphics are always significantly better on PC, plus the frame rates are higher.....so it's time for consoles to catch up.

Jeff, that's because PC Gamers tend to use more current GPUs , and at least the magazines do when covering a PC game . My GTX 570 cost $350. last year , and that's enough money to buy either a 360 or PS3 with money left for a new game. The most sophisticated of the current consoles, PS3 , uses the 7 year old Geforce 7900 graphics chip , it 's amazing at how nice they get any game from that GPU to look so good. I have had 4 upgrades since I used a 7900 GPU in my computer . Consoles will never be on par for long with PCs , the PC hardware companies will never stand for a console to be superior to a PC in graphics . These console companies also contract to the cheapest hardware distributors like Toshiba and Hitachi for their parts, this has been disastrous as any Sega DreamCast owner might recall .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts