A few thoughts about the EM tables

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Okay, so I'm not sure if this is a TPA wide issue, or a Mac issue, but of late I've been playing more of the Electro-Mechanical (EM) tables, and I've noticed something a little odd.

Perhaps I'm simply remembering it wrong, but didn't the animation for the score used to have the numbers roll, like they would on a real machine? Now there's no animation, to speak of, and (for Big Shot, at least) the score display is not always accurate (final score appears to be different from what is displayed)

Also, although it would be purely cosmetic, it would be nice to see the score display 'zero out' (reset, with the proper sounds) when starting a new game.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Okay, so I'm not sure if this is a TPA wide issue, or a Mac issue, but of late I've been playing more of the Electro-Mechanical (EM) tables, and I've noticed something a little odd.

Perhaps I'm simply remembering it wrong, but didn't the animation for the score used to have the numbers roll, like they would on a real machine? Now there's no animation, to speak of, and (for Big Shot, at least) the score display is not always accurate (final score appears to be different from what is displayed)

Also, although it would be purely cosmetic, it would be nice to see the score display 'zero out' (reset, with the proper sounds) when starting a new game.

This will be updated for Big Shot, Central Park, El Dorado, and Fireball in the next release . There will also be a new flipper hum sound when the flippers are active on EM tables.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
That's great news, thanks!:D

(On an unrelated note - I sent an email to a specific individual at FarSight about a week or so ago (2/25), about a project I'm working on, and have yet to hear so much as an acknowledgement that said email was received. I hate to ask, but might this be something you could look into?)

Jay

May 19, 2012
The flipper hum is there; I can hear it. But the score readout hasn't been updated yet. (Actually, it currently reminds me of the first attempts at digital clocks back in the 1970s.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.