The PS4 is five tables behind at this point - any news on the update schedule?

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
The last released table on the PS4 (at least in Europe) was Frankenstein, back in December. PS4 users got that table around two months after it arrived on PC. Now it's been well over three months since that last PS4 update, and 5 new tables have subsequently been released on other platforms. I know Sony makes the PSN update process tedious and costly for developers, and that it thus makes sense to release fewer but more encompassing updates - so I'm not complaining. But neither on the TPA website nor in these forums can I find any information on when the next update might come. Is the status still just "wait and see"? I have a pro season pass for this season just as for every other season, and I'm getting somewhat anxious to try those new tables at this point...

I guess on the bright side, the slow update process has allowed me time to collect all the tokens on Safe Cracker, which was another table us poor, neglected PS4 users got way behind the curve...

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
The last released table on the PS4 (at least in Europe) was Frankenstein, back in December. PS4 users got that table around two months after it arrived on PC. Now it's been well over three months since that last PS4 update, and 5 new tables have subsequently been released on other platforms. I know Sony makes the PSN update process tedious and costly for developers, and that it thus makes sense to release fewer but more encompassing updates - so I'm not complaining. But neither on the TPA website nor in these forums can I find any information on when the next update might come. Is the status still just "wait and see"? I have a pro season pass for this season just as for every other season, and I'm getting somewhat anxious to try those new tables at this point...

I guess on the bright side, the slow update process has allowed me time to collect all the tokens on Safe Cracker, which was another table us poor, neglected PS4 users got way behind the curve...

FlippyFloppy, who works for Farsight said that the next update (with all tables up to Hurricane) is currently being in house tested. He said this a week or two ago. I am not sure how long Farsight tests their counsel updates, but I know the Sony approval process takes about a month. So I would guesstimate that this update will be available sometime in April.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Honestly it's just wait until an update appears for me at this point. There arent any news sources for this game anymore other than sifting through the Facebook page. There's really no reason for me to come to this forum anymore other than to see what the future holds.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I *believe* it is because Sony charges FSS per update. So it wouldn't matter if it's 1 table or 5 tables. And apparently it's not cheap. So I understand a small developer doing the smart thing and combining a bunch of updates in one.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Still, it gives hope for an update. Grains of salt or not, I'm hoping next week will be a good week for pinball.

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
We actually spoke with Sony yesterday to make sure everything was still in line.

No Fear, Judge Dredd, Fireball/El Dorado, and Hurricane will be released on PS4.

North America was confirmed for April 5th and we are waiting for a guarantee for Europe on April 6th, but they seem confident enough to push it through for that day.

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
We submit for approval, then it goes through their system, and they give us a date.

The date starts off as tentative, long before it becomes solid. We work along with the process to make sure that we have done everything right. Any hiccups or adjustments can push things back. Whether or not it is through our error or their's, we constantly check in to make sure that everything is on track.

If everything is good, we get that confirmation. If they are still working it out (even if they are 99% confident), they don't guarantee it.

We post a date because it is their confident target date for launch and we trust that Sony will make it happen.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
No Fear, Judge Dredd, Fireball/El Dorado, and Hurricane will be released on PS4.

I hope that includes PS3 as well (and VITA would be nice), since I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these in the delayed PSN Tournament in place of Rescue 911.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts