Playstation VR Support?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
With the announcement of Playstation VR's release date and pricing, I really hope Farsight find a way to include TPA support for it at some point - the cheaper price (compared to Oculus and Vive anyway) might mean that this becomes the number one choice for VR development in future. Great way to bring in more customers if it's available on the devices release day! Does anyone know if Farsight have ever mentioned anything about it?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
francis,price is cheaper and it looks lighter.it comes in October,one to check out.i was a stunned mullet when I saw the price of Oculus Rift !!!!:cool:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
its really only cheaper by a bit.
to get motion controls and camera + the PSVR is gonna run ya about 500 to 550 US. so its within 100 of occulus.. a viable alternative choice if you already have a PS4

Its similar to the VIVE its 2 hundred more..but comes with 2 motion controls and two Room camera's and mounts..which the motion controls for Occulus are separate..so again apples to apples is only 50bucks or so cheaper.

Its definately an exciting time tho. the more VR support the merrier at this point.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
FS can't even get new tables out in a timely manner for consoles, what makes anyone think they'll actually add VR support? How long have we been promised a UI update? How many long-standing bugs never get fixed? You see my point.

There's always a chance we will all be surprised, but I doubt it.

As I understand it, PSVR will allow for a sort of 2.5D (what I like to call the Viewmaster effect) setting for games that aren't VR enabled. That's likely the best we can hope for.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Well the idea of VR as opposed to stereoscopic 3D is that you can tilt your head, move sideways, etc. and have a better view of the ball.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
its really only cheaper by a bit.
to get motion controls and camera + the PSVR is gonna run ya about 500 to 550 US. so its within 100 of occulus.. a viable alternative choice if you already have a PS4

Its similar to the VIVE its 2 hundred more..but comes with 2 motion controls and two Room camera's and mounts..which the motion controls for Occulus are separate..so again apples to apples is only 50bucks or so cheaper.

Its definately an exciting time tho. the more VR support the merrier at this point.
Robert,the Oculus priced in AUS a couple of days ago $1,100 au.the PlayStation vr was $569 us,our exchangev rate is .76c to $1us,so there there will be about $300 au difference.in AUS and :cool:EUROPE we cop it Greek style !!!!

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I made a mistake,EB GAMES are selling PlayStation VR for $549 au pre orders,so that`s about half the price of what Oculus Rift was priced yesterday.i`ll keep an eye on the prices.i don`t know what Oculus is selling for in the US.in the US you pay about $59us for games we pay in AUS $100 au.sometimes I get muddled up with all the different pricing.anyway I`m really looking forward to PlayStation VR.sorry if I confuse everyone !!!!:cool:sometimes I don`t know if I`m Arthur or Martha !!!:cool:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
true i'm not sure how it translates i was just talking about the US price
in US dollars its 399 for PSVR but will be about +50ish for camera and +50 per motion controller so 499 to 550US all told.

But..if it the games you want to play just use the controller it will only need the camera so 450ish . so thats still a pretty great entry price i think

I just hope FS uses OpenVR so it works with all headsets on pc not exclusive to the Oculus.
all the coverage from GDC sounds like the Vive's really impressing everyone.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
true i'm not sure how it translates i was just talking about the US price
in US dollars its 399 for PSVR but will be about +50ish for camera and +50 per motion controller so 499 to 550US all told.

But..if it the games you want to play just use the controller it will only need the camera so 450ish . so thats still a pretty great entry price i think

I just hope FS uses OpenVR so it works with all headsets on pc not exclusive to the Oculus.
all the coverage from GDC sounds like the Vive's really impressing everyone.
thanks Robert,i`ll nag the youngsters down at EB GAMES for the next 6 months,to learn more about both products.those kids are polite and always helpfull.i` m a bit slow ,so they have to repeat themselves a few times.:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
pre ordered yesterday,my games I have and coming ,PROJECT CARS,GRAN TURISMO SPORTS and NO MANS SKY,i`ll find out the rest later.$549 au.October !!!I also got an XBOX 1 ELITE controller ,brilliant. :cool:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
grats wolfson
I got a Vive on order set to arrive this month sometime, just waiting for shipping notification :)
I've been playing the heck out of Elite Dangerous, Really wish someone would announce some Pinball in VR for OpenVR AKA all headsets on PC :)
Oculus exclusivity seems like a bad proposition the longer things evolve, I think everyone is shocked how much of the mind share has shifted to the Vive since launch.
Sounds like NO Man's SKy will get VR support sometimes it looks amazing I can't wait to play it as well.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
me too Robert ,if we can get TPA and ZEN I will a happy chappy !!!:cool:the racing games will be great,but NO MANS SKY will be unreal !!!:D

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
If TPA adds support for VR, it will be after the VR fad has passed. They can't even manage to get the tables out in a timely manner on consoles.....how long have they been going on about a new GUI? How long has the PS4 sound bugs existed? But sure, they'll add VR support right away.....uh-huh.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Well, maybe VorpX will work with TPA. Then we wont have to wait for support from FS....

Ya i'll be buying Vorpx once mine arrives, Alien Isolation, Fallout4,GTA V VR mod , stuff like pinball all on my list.
I think the big issue is tho is tempering expectations for non native vr games. and having to grow your vr legs, it might only work 60hz is an issue vs native supported titles running at 90hz.
but for Pinball just positional head tracking will be a big deal

I'll laugh if someone like Zsoft ends up on VR before Farsight ;-)

Sounds like futurepinball with Bam already works in VR if someone can get Bam TPA to work with DX11 should be very doable.

blipsqueak

Jun 14, 2012
I love TPA (have the PS3 version (bought every table a la carte, I think... SIGH) and now the PS4 version) but it'd grown a little stale for no reason really... I'm back... it's really incredible to get to experience some of these tables with this much intimacy. I actually just got done playing it for 3 hours. Just bought the last season I needed on PS4. The idea of playing these in VR on my incoming PSVR is freaking amazing to me. Think about it! I just watched some youtube videos of the PC players... I am totally sold. It will be really cool to explore these games like this.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.