Stern Pinball Arcade

mattenno

Aug 17, 2012
What is the tentative release date for the release of the Stern Pinball Arcade? I saw the announcement a while back. I noticed that Rescue 911 is the next table for TPA...cool, but I am looking for deeper games to play, like a lot of the recent Stern's. I really want to play some of the newest games on TPA, like AC/DC, Star Trek, Tron, etc.
Thank you.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
No release dates, no announced tables, no real details other than they would have more information "later this summer".

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well apart from this which was posted here:

Originally Posted by FarSight on Facebook
"We will be making a big announcement this summer at California Extreme. The project is still alive and well!
California Extreme is July 16-17, 2016

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It's in the pipeline right behind Pinball After Dark.

I hope everyone realizes that it is Stern, not Farsight, who is controlling information about SPA. Farsight are absolutely not going to say anything that could jeopardize their standing with Stern. They almost certainly have some kind of NDA in place that prevents them from making any comments unless Stern says so.

Yes it's disappointing that we won't get any news until the middle of July, but at least there's news that we're getting news.

As for Pinball After Dark... turn the lights off, drop the background illumination to 0%, and play Scared Stiff with Family Mode turned off. There you go :D

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Newer Stern tables play fast and furious. Hope TPA tweaks physics beyond raising table slope for SPA. And could we get some new mechanical sounds?

Looking forward to this...

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Actually, it just occurred to me:

The fact that AC/DC's "Big Guns" is still in LAH means there's still a chance for the AC/DC machine to be part of this game.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The fact that AC/DC's "Big Guns" is still in LAH means there's still a chance for the AC/DC machine to be part of this game.
No need for this... if my opinion is worth anything, AC/DC is a lock to be in SPA at release. Well, I'll give it an 80% chance :).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Actually, it just occurred to me:

AC/DC's "Big Gun" is not featured in the TPA version of LAH. FarSight did not secure the rights to use the song.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Why on the ACDC Cancelled Kickstarter page are people talking about Frankenstein, Starship Troopers, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters being the launch tables? Has something leaked before July?

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Why on the ACDC Cancelled Kickstarter page are people talking about Frankenstein, Starship Troopers, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters being the launch tables? Has something leaked before July?

No longer cancelled by the way. Its been Fully Funded!!

The launch pack for SPA will Include ACDC, Star Trek, Frankenstein, and Starship troopers. Ripleys and Ghostbusters will be available shortly after launch. All the older tables are getting redone with the new tech for SPA, meaning physics 4.0, dynamic lighting on mobile, and direct code interpreting instead of emulation. I imagine any high profile sterns in TPA will be offered along the way in SPA in addition to any new tables like Game of thrones, Metalica, etc.

invitro

May 4, 2012
All the older tables are getting redone ... direct code interpreting instead of emulation.
My impression is that the "direct code interpreting is only for SAM & Spike tables, aka no table currently in TPA, as it's impossible for older ROM's to run directly on non-native devices... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Steve Richie said at LAX that Stern will be using full color LCD screens "soon". Would that be too much for current machines and devices to handle?

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts